** Episode III Final Plans **

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by Doc_Bev, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So that folks don't have to wade through 4 pages I thought we should have a new thread just with the final details and last minute plans.

See also the volunteer list.

We have advertised that we will be at Tinseltown the following days/times:

Wednesday 18th 6pm-11:30pm
    Thursday 19th 6pm-10pm
    Friday 20th 6pm-10pm
    Saturday 21st 1pm-10pm
    Sunday 22nd 1pm-10pm (although we'll probably leave at 6pm)

Things we will be doing:
    * Promoting club via table with our banners, fliers and photo board.
    * Collecting for FoodLink via 2 FoodLink barrels,
    * Holding a charity raffle for Foodlink (more info below)
    * Offering free (emailed) photos with the costumers (more info below).

Raffle details: Tickets will be $1 each. In addition folks can get 1 ticket for each item of food they donate in the FoodLink bucket. Raffle winner will be drawn Sunday night and called Monday morning.

Prize Pack Contents:
    Princess Leia Hallmark Ornament (Doc_Bev)
    Gungan Submarine Hallmark Ornament (Doc_Bev)
    Return of the Jedi SE poster (Doc_Bev)
    Admiral Piett (Ken Colley) autographed photo (Doc_Bev)
    Starfighters of Adumar by Aaron Allston (Doc_Bev)
    Jedi Eclipse by James Luceno (Doc_Bev)
    Tatooine Ghost by Troy Denning (Doc_Bev)
    Zam Wessell 12" (Doc_Bev)
    Queen Amidala 12" (Doc_Bev)
    Star Wars OT DVD release poster (T_StarFlyer)
    Star Wars OT DVD window cling (T_StarFlyer)
    2 different Star Wars OT DVD pinback buttons (T_StarFlyer)
    2 Star Wars Comics (Star Wars Empire #8 & Star Wars Jedi Shaak Ti) (T_StarFlyer)
    Star Wars Insider (June/July 2003 issue) (T_StarFlyer)
    Star Wars Insider (#72 Dec 2003) (Doc_Bev)
    Star Wars Boba Fett magazine 1998 (Doc_Bev)
    Rebel Storm Booster Pack (Doc_Bev)
    The Last Command by Timothy Zahn (Paul L.)
    Star Wars Glasses (Rochester Fantasy Fans)

Volunteer info: Please sign-up in the volunteer thread. Although we will gladly accept volunteer help throughout the weekend, only those on the list and with Rebellion badges will be permitted to see the premiere for free.

Viewing info:
    Seats were not reserved for us for the 12:01am showing so we are "stuck" ;) with the 12:10am showing (supposedly even if that sells out there will be room for us, but I don't know). We will need to save our own seats for ourselves as they will not be held for us. So we will defintely need help from non-costumers and those able/willing to watch the movie in costume to save seats.

~Doc_Bev
  2. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Why not have two people go in and just reserve a row beforehand?

IE a Jawa and one of the troopers go in and just grab a row...we can do it security wise like we did with the AOTC premiere in Pittsford. One person on each end with a lightsaber...
  3. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    The troopers will want to change and rehydrate before the movie (as will a wookiee).

Jedi or Jawa's on the other hand would be good choices to reserve a row :)
  4. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Are they going to let us in before the 'herd' of people to claim our seats (or at least some of us)?

I only ask because I know I was in line for a couple hours prior to Episode II so I could get a good seat.

I'm still half tempted to buy a ticket just in case...

This is just me being paranoid, but I just want to make sure I'm covered. :)
  5. Disar_Nigiro Jedi Padawan

Hi There!!

I am from Buffalo and I can't seem to get tickets for me and my daughter for the location for that the BUffalo Fanforce will be. So, I am going to buy tickets for the Tinseltown showing in Rochester and just wanted to make sure that I have the right theater before I pay up. The theater I am looking at is:

Cinemark Tinseltown USA
    2291 Buffalo Road
    Rochester, NY 14624

Is this the correct theater? Also, any ideas for when would be a good time to showup to get a decent seat??

Thanks for the help.

Disar
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    HothGirl Here's the email from Tinseltown to help answer your question:
    What we can do is just have you go ahead of time to the theatre with the DLP which is theatre 9. If we have people saving seats ahead of time, you will have seats, because they don't completely sell a theatre out, they undersell it to give some space.
    So, I'm hoping to get in prior to the mad rush (gee when have I said that before *whisperTRUwhisper*) and have as Wingnut suggested a row (or however many seats we'll need) saved for us by members of our group. I'm assuming we can also get the room under theatre 9 as our changing/dump spot so that it'll be quicker for people to get to their seats once out of costume.

Disar - Welcome to our boards! I'm sorry to hear that you can't get into the Buffalo theatre, but glad to hear we'll have another force.net-er joining us at Tinseltown. Yes - you have the correct theatre. Although the 12:01am showing is sold out, the 12:10 (DLP showing), 12:15am and 12:30am showings are all still open to my knowledge.

I'm not sure about the good time to show up part. I know that at a different Rochester theatre they've said no one can line up before 10am Wednesday morning. Then I've heard from other folks that they're not going to head over until after dinner. Personally, if I weren't volunteering I'd probably head over between 4pm-6pm.

Make sure to say "hi" when you see us!

~Doc_Bev
  7. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, thanks! That helps ease my mind a bit. I'm guessing too, that they won't even start letting people into the theater until 10pm or 10:30pm. For Episode II, I think it was 10 or shortly after before they let us in.

My little brother (little, he's 23) is heading to the 12:10am showing and I don't think he's planning on coming until probably 9 or 10 to line up.
  8. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well I'll pull off the Jawa mask around 11-11:15, light my saber up and stand guard on a row. Maybe Dean or one of the Jedi can grab the other side and this time...there will be no need for a mad rush...hopefully.

2 more days!
  9. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    If they start letting people into the theater earlier than that, I'd suggest that those who can maybe take shifts guarding the rows? Guess it all depends on when they let us in...hmm....
  10. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, if (as HothGirl mentioned for EII) they let people into the theatre at 10pm, we're going to need folks to hold our seats for 2 hours...

Although, if everyone is let into their respective theatres there's not going to be too many people left to entertain in the line/lobby, so maybe we can all head into the theatre and hang out in there. Then take shifts to get everyone decostumed and into regular clothes.

~Doc_Bev
  11. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be staying in my costume, but I'll need a popcorn/bathroom break before the show. ;)

Doc - do you think they'll let us in toward the front of the pack of people or are we going to need someone waiting in line for us in order to get into the theater earlier to save our seats?
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm working under the assumption that we will be let into the theatre before the first people in line, but I could be wrong. I am waiting to hear back on the time that they are going to let people into the theatre so that we can be sure to be ready. If I get there at 6pm though and there's already an enormous line - I might see about sticking one of us in the line as a plan B.

EDIT: Last call for a Cool Can volunteer. I just emailed FoodLink to let them know that we'll probably have to pass on the Cool Can, but I'm sure we can still borrow him if someone is willing to wear the costume for a couple hours.

~Doc_Bev

13. havok735 Jedi Knight

Hey guys! It is great that you have so much planned. I found another person who wants to join in. He has a full size remote contolled R2D2! Anyways, I pointed him to this thread for the info and hope he posts up.

Sadly, I don't think I can make it since I haven't been feeling well at all and know that getting in the armor wouldn't help one bit. Still I will be there for the 12:15 movie so I will stop by and say hi to everyone.
  14. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Havok!

It is great to see that you are alive and well. :) It has been a while since we have heard from you. Armor or not - be sure to stop by and say hey at some of the events.

An Astromech - we have been talking about that for a while now - but they are not cheap to build. It would be so cool to have one attend events!

15. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll do my part for security/seat-saving. Nobody messes with the "Chosen One"...
  16. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey Havok! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hopefully we'll catch you over at Tinseltown at some point.

Tinseltown says that we can go in to save our seats as soon as whatever is playing in theatre 9 before EIII clears out.

~Doc_Bev
  17. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well if Dean and I can run security for the aisle. Figure the last nightly showings get out about 10pm. While they're exiting and the crews are cleaning them up, maybe Dean and I will go in and grab one of the middle rows so we can get the best sound. I know theres like a 5-6 row area in the middle of each theater that works like that...
    I dunno..just throwing an idea.
  18. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    As long as I don't have to sit way up front where I have a neck cramp and eye strain when I'm done (as I did for Episode I) I'm all set. Unless of course I have a wookiee in front of me...that poses a few more problems... ;)
  19. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    FYI - We're listed on FoodLink's event page.

Wingnut That sounds like a plan - let's go with it. Sherry didn't know when the last movie in the theater is scheduled to let out, but we can find that out as soon as we get there tomorrow night.

MadKidJedi Tinseltown recommended going to the theater and switching out the ticket you bought for your gf for the 12:01am showing for the 12:10am showing.

So far it's looking like we're going to need at least 20 seats.

~Doc_Bev

20. MadKidJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks, Doc. Already did that earlier today. Now I need to go online and buy 1 or two more for friends of mine from high school who want to go with... arrrrggggghhhhh!!

Not that I'm changing my mind regarding being a part of the seat-security force (I'm in!), but doesn't TT have ushers of their own who could reserve our seats? Just a thought...

Question: Besides collecting for FoodLink and promoting the club(s), are we supposed to do anything else for TT to "earn our seats", such as photo ops or anything, or interviews with local media? I'm game for any of it, but just wondering...

Oh, and Doc; I've got a couple of posters from C3 to add to the "kitty" for the raffle: a "Revenge of the Brick" one, and the one from the Dark Horse booth with the cover art for the RotS comic, cool?
  21. Modernism Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm happy to help out with things tomorrow night, and I actually have a ticket for the 12:10 show, but will I be able to get one of the saved seats? I'm kind of new to the group so don't want to take anything for granted. And late confirming that I will be around tomorrow night.

hard to believe the day is actually here.
  22. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    MadKidJedi -

I know that Channel 8 will be out at TinselTown for some live interviews during the 11 o'clock news.
  23. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    MadKidJedi Tinseltown might have spare ushers, but I'm too paranoid to trust them with the job. ;)

Basically us being in costume, entertaining the crowd, having our pictures taken is what we'll be doing to earn our seats. If there is local media (I know that Channel 8 and the Gates-Chili Post at the very least will be there) I do want to make sure we get The Rebellion's name out there. Anything else we do (raffle, trivia, food drive, etc) is just icing on the cake so to speak.

Modernism I'm sure (especially if you'll be volunteering at the table) that we can have you go in to the theatre when we go in. We might be having you help save seats for the group as well since you won't have a costume to change out of.

~Doc_Bev
  24. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    The media will be there for sure. I got hit when I was there for Episode II, of course I walked in with a Royal guard and two jedi as well. You'd think they'd never seen four costumed people together before...

I'll be fun, I'm really looking forward to it. Now, to find a way to get my broach to stay on...heh...
  25. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yeah Modernism...you can join the Jama on aisle duty...

Finished my goggles tonight heehee....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.