** Episode III Final Plans **

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by Doc_Bev, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This'll be my last check of the boards and email before heading over to Tinseltown. So after 5:15pm I can be reached on my cell phone which is - *removed*.
    See you there!!!

~Doc_Bev
  2. JayTee_Erricck Force Ghost

star 2
    HEY, GANG!

Sorry to jump in on your post string but I hope y'alls have TONS of FUN! I've already spent about 26 hours in the FRONT of the line with "R2-D2 Eric". Am at a friends house now to utilize his shower & to iron my costume before going back to the theatre.

I hope y'all will love the movie (except for the Jedi dying & the birth of the Empire stuff). Looking forward to your messages / calls regarding what you thought of it afterwards! I'll be going to Hawai'i's 12:01 a.m. show. That's 5 hours behind y'all in Cali! But, believe me, I'll be able to read messages at all weird times of the day.

I haven't slept in over 24 hours so forgive me for babbling.

Oh, by the way, I've made headway for Rebel Legion Hawai'i! We got interviewed by the abc t.v. affiliate here, as well as the other major newspaper. [Hawai'i has two.]

Falling asleep but must keep going. I guess I feel like a soldier.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with us.

Jay Tee Erricck
  3. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jay Tee Erricck Don't worry - you can post on our boards anytime! I hope you enjoyed the movie as much as we did!

Big thanks everyone for coming out and making our event a huge success. I want to especially thank our "newbies" Modernism and DarthD-Lo for doing such an excellent job holding down the fort while the rest of us were out and about. Also, everyone should thank our security team lead by Wingnut who saved the best seats in the house for 2 hours for us.

Here's hoping the rest of the weekend goes just as smoothly. Hopefully we can get a little more interaction at the table to promote our clubs since people won't be stuck in lines and unable to get to our table.

~Doc_Bev

Oh and totally off topic, but while looking on the news websites for pics of us from last night I stumbled upon this news - President Bush is coming to Rochester/Greece.
  4. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey sorry for blowing in tonight I got some bad news today & wasn't up for it but both of us should be there tomorrow.
  5. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well count me out for Friday....
    my bosses at Media Play still have not gotten the clue that I can no longer work on Friday nights anymore because of work/softball. I was going to cancel out on softball to come to T-Town but now I have to work. I'm also going to be running late on Saturday because I have to help a friend move into his house. This would not bug me so much except that he called me tonight and told me that we're doing it on Saturday...

I am so tired but I dont care cuz I saw Ep 3 ohhhhh yeaahhhhhhh.

Big Props to my security team.
    Mod! Jeff! Steve! MadKid! Katie's Brothers! Mike!
    If I left you out, I'm too tired to remember!
    HAH
    Thanks for helping keep the seats open and my temper mostly in check.

I'll see you all on Saturday but I do want to go to one of the matinee shows during the day so if anyone is up for it. Join me in EP3 Round 2! (well for me anyways)

-Wingnut.
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    T_StarFlyer - no worries! Sorry to hear you got bad news, hope everything turns out OK.

I'd like to see EIII in digital again on Saturday too, but it'll depend on babysitters and how this game turns out to see when I might be able to duck out. These are Saturday's digital showtimes: 10:45am, 2:00pm, 5:15pm, 8:30pm and 11:45pm. If we can get a babysitter early enough I'm thinking the 10:45am one. Otherwise if we have enough volunteers to cover I might try a later showing.

~Doc_Bev

7. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Nicki,
    Let me know your plans if you can find a sitter. I should be able to make it to T-Town around 1-1:30 so if you want to hit the 2pm one, I'll go with ya. I need to see it again. I need to catch these "easter eggs"
  8. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd like to see it again in digital as well at some point. I went close to home with a good friend of mine to see it tonight and it just wasn't the same. :(
  9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everyone. It was a great weekend with you all doing this. Glad I could be a part of it. Just wish I could have helped out more Thurs. and Friday. I think it was a major success.
  10. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yep, it really was a great weekend. :) (Tiring, but great!)

As always, it was wonderful to see everyone and I can't wait until we can do it again.

And now that any coherent thought I had is leaving, I should think about turning in early. ;)
  11. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks everyone for making it a great weekend.

The food-drive was only a partial success. We didn't get much in the way of food donations - maybe a quarter of a barrel. Fortunately - the fundraiser did better. The initial count of the cashbox shows that we raised $655 for FoodLink.

Not it is time for some rest - and then I need to figure out the best way to wash a wookiee :)
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes - thank you everyone for helping to make our Tinseltown table and FoodLink fundraiser a success! I can't believe how much money we raised. I haven't heard back yet from the raffle winner, but I'm hoping they'll be pleased with winning.

I lost count of how many times I've heard people say "I didn't even know there was a Star Wars club in Rochester". I'm hoping this event helped put us on the path of changing that.

Also, I was just reading this article and found it amusing. Things we learned from Revenge...

~Doc_Bev
  13. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey Gang,
    An awesome weekend! Lots of good times and good memories. Time for a bit of a rest but I hope to see everyone again soon.
  14. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    WOW!!!!! That's a lot more then I imagined, but then again It was cheap at a Dollar a ticket and there was so many people through there between Thursday night and Sunday. Lots of fans, lots of tickets.
  15. Hedjii72 Jedi Padawan

Good seeing you all again! Thanks for entertaining my family and I! I think you guys inspired my Mother In Law, who is not a fan by a long shot!

Duane, thanks for the info on the armor. I went to work today saying, "Guess what!!! I got to try on a Stormtrooper helmet this weekend! Yipee!"

TS-042, my 2 year old Daughter loves you. She wakes up in her crib saying, "I wanna see DARKtrooper!" Don't worry, Knightshade, you're still her #1! :)

HothGirl - how did you finish the Padme costume in time for the premiere? Nicely done! Any pics of your Zam Wessel mentioned in the Insider?

Excellent job, everyone! You sure made a lot of folks happy!

Andy

16. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hedjii72 I'm so glad you guys enjoy coming back to see us again and again!!

I will be so excited to have you trooping with us!

~Doc_Bev
  17. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Pictures are now posted from our extended stay at Tinseltown.

We've been talking about getting together another group outing to see the movie in a more relaxed mode than the 12:10 showing. I'm hoping we can either get a really good discount or get everyone comp'ed. This probably won't be until after June 5th though...

~Doc_Bev
  18. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thank you sooooo much for posting that pic of me and my old roommate! I dont even remember a picture being taken but thats gonna make his day tomorrow. Thanks Nicki!

19. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Andy,
    Happy to make your day...... Now just imagine how much greater it feels in the whole TK Garb :).

Like everyone said it was a great WEEK, not weekend, although I'm glad its over, time to get back to some normal-c. I look forward to the next event with you all, my Star Wars family. I was a little costume burned out the last 2 days but, It was fun. Now bring on the IMAX and DVD release :) .

20. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just got an email from FoodLink with our food donations stats.

Your group also raised 70 lbs. of food! This translates into about 100 meals for hungry people in our community! Thank you so much for your generosity. It is a tremendous contribution to the hunger relief effort, and is greatly appreciated.

Also FYI, I sent out the check for $655 to FoodLink yesterday.

~Doc_Bev
  21. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Thats nice to know. I am still surprised we raised that kind of money. Thats great to hear. Glad we could do it.
  22. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think this is the guy who brought his R2-D2 to Tinseltown for the EIII premiere. Just reading through some old posts since I couldn't sleep...

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.