main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Episode III Group Viewing

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I've heard a few folks mention (myself being one of them) that they'd like to get a group outing together to see Episode III. My assumption would be on the digital Tinseltown screen which does limit our showtime options (but is well worth it!).

Who is interested in something like this? And when's a good day for folks? We could combine it with our monthly meet if it makes it easier on people's schedules.

This would be a low key (non-costumed) event. We could do a group meal before or after the movie depending on showtime. At the moment the showtimes are 11:30am, 3pm, 6:45pm and 10pm but I'm not sure how long these are valid for. Depending on what date folks decide upon the showtimes might be different.

Here are some of the Easter Eggs to look out for when we go watch the movie again. :)

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Interesting Easter eggs. I thoguht one of the Can Cell riders was Yoda since the Toy comes with him. I guess those other aliens would be another species of Kashyyyk or at least allies to the wookies. I will have to try and look for the other stuff. Not enough I always forget though. I am interestid in seeing it again in the theater. An afternoon show time on a Sat. or Sun. would be best for me.

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm in. Generally Friday nights after 8 or any weekend time after noon are good for me.

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    *Bump*
    Just a quick idea.
    What is everyone doing NEXT Saturday afternoon?
    June 11th
    Anyone up for a group showing that afternoon at TTown?

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I have an Astronomicon Convention Committee meeting at 4pm that day (June 11th). And, I need to bring my cats into the vet that morning for their annual check-up that's 4 months overdue...

~Doc_Bev

6. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Wingnut,
    I can do Saturday!

D-

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Weelllllll

Why dont we try for a 6pm Group Dinner and then a viewing of EP3 that night?

Or
    If not enough people can make it to either. I'm just down with going to see it again anytime that day after 12:30. I havent seen it since Opening week so I've got a big itch to go see it again soon.

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I might be able to make that if we can get a babysitter. The meetings generally run from 4pm-6pm so I would just have to sneak out early if possible to get from downtown to Gates in time.

~Doc_Bev

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So are we waiting until the new times are released on Thursday before firming this up? I have folks in the Tranquility and others off the boards that have been asking me about a group outing, so if possible I want to be able to give them enough notice to be able to participate.

I was just thinking that if we went with the 10pm showing that wouldn't help out some of the folks that are trying to catch the movie again because they fell asleep the first time.

If folks are free on Sunday as well we could do a group lunch and then catch the 3pm showing (assuming they still have one once the new schedule it out).

~Doc_Bev

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I like that idea Bev
    We can just all plan to go to the Saturday night show. Whether its the mid-evening or last show of the night and plan accordingly for that. If we cant get everyone together for the idea, we can use the Sunday afternoon option as well.

As Herb Brooks once said:
    "Options, Always create Options"

:)

11. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Scott-
    Love the Herb Brooks reference!

If we do it Saturday the 6 to 7 time slot works best for me. If we go to the 10 PM show it's difficult for the sitter and kids. I say do what the Majority votes for, if its 10 PM thats cool we'll just skip it. It's not like I won't see it 5 more times ;-).

D-

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    The 3 pm thing sounds good to me.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I just heard that you can get $4 off your ticket for EIII if you use the code SKYWALKER when ordering through Fandango.com

So hopefully this code still works tomorrow when we need to buy tickets for whatever showing this weekend we end up going to.

~Doc_Bev

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK, looks like the showtimes haven't changed so our options for a digital showing are: 11:30am, 3pm, 6:45pm & 10pm.

I could do the 6:45pm on Saturday, but would only be able to partake in a group meal if it was after the movie. Or I could do the 3pm or 6:45pm on Sunday with a group meal whenever. Of course, I still have to secure a babysitter once we decide which showing.

So which works best for the most people?

~Doc_Bev

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    6:45 and Group Eats after
    I'm down :)

I cant do Sunday unfortunately because I won tickets to the Red Wings game.

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Ok so we have...

Doc_Bev
    KnightShade
    RSWingnut
    nevets
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo
    Modernism

Maybes:
    TD-027
    Lisa M.

that have expressed interest in a 6:45pm showing this Saturday.

And SWF-JPB as unavailable.

Anyone else joining in? I sent out an email to the 70 people on my Rochester Fandom mailing list so we'll see if we can't get a big group together for this on short notice.

~Doc_Bev

17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    DOH!!!!!!!!!!! Nope, sorry. Since the Anime meet up group is not going to be seeing Howls Moving Castle (YUCK!) at the little, becasue its not playing yet, I will be attending the normal meet up they have planned at 6:30. Also its to late for me on Sunday.

18. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    got email doc. I'll see you there stev

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Did anyone let Bob and Diane know?

errr Bill
    I so terrible with names lol

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I sent an email to Bill as Diane's PC is under the weather.

~Doc_Bev

21. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I'll see if Darsolo is up for it

Skywalker code isn't good any more :(

but "sumpromo1" is good for $2off & "sumpromo2" is good for a 1.50 OFF" you can use each one once

so i got mine

2 Adult ticket(s) to:
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    Date: Saturday, June 11, 2005
    Time: 6:45pm

Total Transaction: $17.50
    Total Charged: $14.00 Cinemark Tinseltown USA
    2291 Buffalo Road
    Rochester, NY 14624
    Phone: 716-247-3704

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Darn! I was hoping that skywalker code was still good. And, I can't use the sumpromo ones as I'm not a new Fandago user. Oh well, we'll just have to get tickets the old fashioned way. :p

~Doc_Bev

23. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    ok, I'll be there too. See you all at 6:45. I think I saw an X wing flying over house during the air show. whooosh

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That was fun! We had a total of 13 folks show up between Rebellion, Tranquility & friends. We'll have to schedule another group viewing (or two) before EIII leaves the theater. Maybe this time if we can give people enough advanced notice we can get even a larger group together.

~Doc_Bev

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Duane...a friend and I are going to the 6:45 showing Tuesday night? ARE YOU WITH US?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.