main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EPISODE III LIGHTSABERS

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by StevoDirector, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevoDirector

StevoDirector Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    Hi , i have a free week this week and i am going to make a anakin skywalker lightsaber and maybe a obi wan from episode III (which is amazing ive seen it 10 times ) and want to know how to get it identical to Anakins . Can anyone tell me where to get the best parts for not to much dosh in England and what to use . I made 2 in the past but they weren't to good so i thought to come to the jedi school of lightsabers lol .
    Thanks

2. Plo_Strax-Avix

Plo_Strax-Avix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Well the EP3 Anakin & Obi Wan sabers are basically the same with their ANH counterparts. There're resin Obi Wan ANH sabers on ebay but if you want metal parts (emitter, granade, Graflex clamp, heatsink, AS handwhell) it'll definitely set you back quite a bit.

EP3 Anakin is a custom made saber, although very very similar to a Graflex Luke ANH. I haven't come across any parts for this saber but then it can probably be made the same way you make a replica Graflex saber.

Personally I wouldn't want the EP3 Anakin in my collection because it was used to slaughter younglings...yes I know it's just a movie but I was depressed for a week after watching it...this is the 1st SW movie that had that kind of impact on me...

3. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Personally I wouldn't want the EP3 Anakin in my collection because it was used to slaughter younglings...yes I know it's just a movie but I was depressed for a week after watching it...this is the 1st SW movie that had that kind of impact on me...

Kind of makes it weird when Luke starts using it doesn't it?

!snap

4. sithbiker

sithbiker Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    No inanimate object is either good or evil. Only the use people put them to.

5. Plo_Strax-Avix

May 29, 2005
    Kind of makes it weird when Luke starts using it doesn't it?

It is widely believed that during his solitude exile on tatooine, Obi Wan tinkered with and modified Anakin's saber, which explains why it look somewhat different in ANH. I suppose that makes it a 'new' saber...

Or else I'd have to sell all my vintage graflex sabers as well...he he he :p

6. Plo_Strax-Avix

May 29, 2005
    No inanimate object is either good or evil. Only the use people put them to.

True. But think of it this way...if you saw a friend being attacked and the attacker injured him with a particular kind/make of weapon, do you think you'd buy that exact kind/make of weapon in the future?

Or would you be going "Hmmm...this weapon did some serious damage on my friend. It ought to serve me well"?

See what an impact the movie had on me? Heck I need a life...I'm getting emotional over a Sci-Fi movie! :p

7. Smithenguan

Smithenguan Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005

Or would you be going "Hmmm...this weapon did some serious damage on my friend. It ought to serve me well"?

That'd be my feelings on the matter...

8. StevoDirector

StevoDirector Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2004
    I was looking on ebay.com and saw a few things . I have got to find a flashgun yet for not to much dosh !

9. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.