main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Episode III Line Event!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    All new information about the line will be posted in this thread, as the other one has gotten quite long.

What we are doing...

The San Diego Star Wars Society has rented out the midnight digital screening of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith at the Mira Mesa theatre. The main purpose of the line event is to raise money for the Starlight/Starbright Children's foundation. A secondary benefit of the line is to allow club members, our family, and friends to be some of the first people in San Diego to see the movie digitally - the way George Lucas intended the movie to be seen. Three Grand prizes will be given to the person who raises the most money for the charity, the person who stands in line the longest, and the person who wins our trivia contest. Other prizes will also be awarded, more details to follow. Some of the prizes have been donated from Master Replicas, other prizes are from Skywalker Ranch, Celebration 3, and Episode III toys and assorted items.

What I need people to do in this thread is:

1)Check to make sure your name is on the list if you bought tickets, and the number of tickets you bought is correct. Contact me if you don't see your name and you wanted tickets or if the info is incorrect.

2)State if you will be a costumed volunteer, what costume you are wearing, and what time you will arrive at the line on May 18th. (6pm or earlier is requested)

Line information reposted from previous thread:

Stay tuned for specific line start date and time to be posted on Friday, May 13th.

On May 18th starting at 6pm, I will be passing out line badges to people which will be numbered from #1 - #299. Your badge will act as your "ticket" so please do not lose it.

Basically, there will be TWO lines: Line A is the priority line comprised of those who raised money for charity, costumed volunteers, line staff, and anyone from the charity itself. The MINIMUM charity donation to get into line A is $50. The minimum charity donation must be turned in to me no later than Monday, May 16th so I have time to add up everyone's donations and get the money to the charity. Donations can come in the form of cash, or a check made out to the Starlight/Starbright Children's Foundation. The $50 donation can come out of pocket, or be raised by collecting donations from friends, family, co-workers. Each person in Line A has a number #1 - whatever. That group enters the theatre first. Line B forms behind the A line, and no one from Line B can enter until Line A is in the theatre. Line B is comprised of those people who merely bought tickets. Line B will be given their line positions based on the number of hours in line only. 1 person can only hold seats for a maximum of 2 people, one on each side of themselves. For example, if you are #20, and your wife is #245, you can hold a seat for her so she can sit next to you. If someone is bringing their children, and they have more than two children, an exception to the 2 seat rule will be made for children and spouses only. No one will be allowed to hold seats for more than 2 friends.

The whole purpose of the line is to raise money for the charity so keep that in mind when you are being interviewed by TV and press.

Starting at 6pm, I will be putting people in line according to their numbers. I need everyone to be there by 6pm so I can do that. I am hoping to start letting Line A into the theatre no later than 10:30pm. There will only be one entrance into the theatre, and you will enter single file according to your number. Myself along with other line staff will be standing at the door and personally checking the badge numbers. Costumed members and Line Staff will be assigned either line A or Line B duty and will stay with their lines. Seats will be roped off in the priority area for costumed members and sufficient time for changing out of costumes will be given to them as well as a changing area. After Line A has found their seats, I will let line B in according to their numbers... same deal, one at a time. You will not be allowed to le

2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I only bought 1 ticket, that right?

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Sheena P
    2 TICKETS

Roger N (TK-2048)
    2 Tickets (Costumed volunteer)

Matt W
    4 Tickets
    Costumed Volunteer
    Line Staff
    Needs more tickets?

Jackie & Donald K
    2 Tickets

micdavis
    1 Ticket

Brandon H
    2 Tickets
    Costumed Volunteer?

MJF (Linda)
    Costumed volunteer and line staff
    4 tickets

James F
    30 Tickets
    Line staff?

Kenneth B
    2 Tickets
    Line staff?

Jason M
    3 tickets
    Costumed Volunteer?

Brendan P
    45 Tickets
    Costumed Volunteer?
    Line Staff

Mike J
    1 Ticket
    Costumed volunteer?

Jeremy C
    1 Ticket

Kevin & Nora
    6 Tickets

Jessica W
    6 Tickets

Rachel W
    8 Tickets
    Costumed volunteer

Steve C
    1 Ticket (from Maine)

Luigi D
    1 Ticket

Steve N and daughter
    Tenet
    2 Tickets

Donny and Emily
    Line staff
    8 Tickets
    Costumed Volunteer?

Reynalyn C
    Donating Hand crocheted R2 hat?
    2 tickets

Edgar
    2 tickets
    Costumed member

Mike
    1 ticket

Donna
    Line staff
    1 ticket

Steve
    TK costumed volunteer
    1 Ticket

Daniel
    1 ticket

Brendon E
    Costumed volunteer
    3 tickets

Diego
    Costumed Volunteer
    25 tickets

Sam H
    costumed volunteer
    ? Tickets

John S
    3 Tickets
    costumed volunteer

Tony 12 tickets
    swguru

Jerms
    2 tickets
    Costumed Volunteer

Michelle A.
    3 Tickets
    Costumed Volunteer

Brian Z.
    1 ticket

Roland C
    lostzephyrs
    5 tickets

Stephen H. (Brendan's friend)
    3 tickets paid

Lloyd M
    3 Tickets

Geoff W
    2 tickets

Mike P
    12 tickets

DarthBrian & Harold
    Line Staff
    7 (2 priority + 5)

Jason Maxwell
    1 Ticket

223 Tickets sold so far

4. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Cool. I'm there.

5. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    DarthBrian
    2 or 10?

Two of whom will be donating $50.
    Line Staff???

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I had you signed up to be line staff from back when I was soliciting volunteers. Are you dropping out of that Brian?

7. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Mara_Jade_Fan posted on 5/10/05 8:17pm
    I had you signed up to be line staff from back when I was soliciting volunteers. Are you dropping out of that Brian?
    [hr][/blockquote]

No. When you had me up there before you didn't have Line Staff next to my name and I was wondering why.

8. lostzephyrs

lostzephyrs Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    I'm on the list! Thanks alot for setting up the logistics of the event. Hope to see everyone there!

9. micdavis

micdavis Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    I will be the Dark Lord's eyes...so I guess that makes me a costumed volunteer????

Imperial Officer Unniform.

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Reposting from the other thread...

Confirming 8 tickets.

Yes, will be a costumed Volunteer
    Jedi Padawan outfit
    Will arrive 10-11 am, bus pending. :)

11. boricuatrooper

boricuatrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    Keep up the GREAT work Linda!

Costumed volunteer:Stormtrooper. I can help Monday eve, Tuesday-Wednesday.

I'll PM u re: donations. Thanks! D

12. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Just posting in here to confirm. I will say for now that I won't be a costumed volunteer as I am not particularly fond of the idea of sitting through the whole film in costume (even if its just part of the costume).

13. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I need 2 more tickets (Sue Dawe and Michael Underwood); I have the money to give you, Linda.

I can also be costumed, it seemed like the Imperials needed some evening-out with the Jedi. ;)

14. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    GREAT WORK Linda!!!

Kenneth Burke aka JediLuner
    2 Tickets

Line staff? I will try to help in the line as much as I can , when it starts i will be there when i can!!!

NON Costumed Volunteer!

Will be donating $50 !!!

just not shure if i should give cash , or papal Linda or Donna

Allso i see there is 223 Tickets sold so far so does that mean that there are still 77 tickets that nee to be sold still? or is there still a hold on them?

talk to you all soon!!!

Kenneth OUT ~!~

15. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I think the plan is to trickle the tickets out to a few members who need a few extra but for the most part we are not selling anymore. We DEFINITELY don't want to sell all 299.

16. Destined_Jedi

Destined_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    Any chance I can still snag two tickets, one for me and one for my mom?

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    - Just confirming that Sue needs 2 and Kenneth needs 2, and D_J needs 2 total is up to 229 now.

Did you need more than 2 Ken?

Ken and Sue, and D_J can paypal me $11.40 per ticket at MaraJade@cox.net.

I will refuse payment from anyone else who paypals me for tickets without my express permission first.

I have three members who have already purchased tickets, asking for more tickets. Originally the plan was to not sell out the theatre and to cap it around 220, but we have already gone over that. I will not be selling any more tickets at this time except to members who have not purchased tickets yet (such as Sue and Ken, and D_J), to 501st /Rebel Legion costumed members, or people donating a minimum of $50 to the charity. I will put it up to a vote by the club officers to see if they will give me permission to sell more tickets to people other than those mentioned above.

18. Drk_Helmet

Drk_Helmet Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Confirming:

1 Ticket

Will be participating in Line Event...probably every day!

Thanks!

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Holding 3 tickets for Kelli. Up to 232 now.

20. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I do not need more than 2 , i was just checking if you still needed to sell more!!!

Just the 2 I allready pade for!

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I need to read my own list... LOL... Okay, back to 230 now sold.

22. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Brendan P
    45 Tickets
    Costumed Volunteer? <--- heck yeah! Jedi
    Line Staff

For those who are going to be in Jedi costume for the Line and are hanging out all day long, I have an idea: rather than be in full Jedi robes for the heat of the day, let's do "Jedi on Vacation" costumes until mid-late afternoon, then deck out in full Jedi attire. Donna, you down for that?

"Jedi on Vacation" is a longtime tradition of the SDSWS Jedi. Proper attire consists of a Jedi outer cloak, sandals, a brightly colored aloha shirt, obnoxious sunglasses, a fluffy lahalla hat if you have one, and of course shorts.

23. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hm... I'll probably be in my "College kid Jedi" outfit, then... which is just flip flops, Jedi pants, tank top, and sunglasses. :p

By the way, you still bringing your 12 sting? Or do we want to trash that idea? :p

24. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    James F
    30 Tickets
    Line staff?

i believe i requested and paid for 26 tickets. If I have 30 allotted to me, let me know, as I have a waitlist for additional tickets, and will pay for the remaining 4.

i will probably have my jedi robes and parksaber with me.

i can't be certain that i can be official line staff, as i will be in charge of distributing those 30 tickets to my people. it would be really handy to get badges beforehand for distribution so i can bundle them for each of my sub-groups. however once all my badges are distributed, i can help out in any way.

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    You are right James, only 26 tickets... okay, we are down to 226 now.

I can't sell any more tickets to you at this point as there are 40 club members and 501st members who I have contacted tonight who I need to give the option to buy a ticket first. These are people who post on our boards but have not bought tickets as of today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.