main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Episode III Line Event!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emerald_Beacon

Emerald_Beacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Mine is effectively correct (Jason M)
    I sent a chairty payment via PayPal, so I should be either/or/both '3-priority' and 'Costumed volunteer' (not sure what the question mark reflects).

Are there any specifics as to what it means to be a costumed volunteer? Does that mean simply wandering about in front of the theater and telling curious folks what we're about (the SDSWS, how we're collecting for Starlight Starbright, what a great organization they are, and how much of a geek I am)?

And wow, 249 tix? Even without a truly full house, this is going to be CRAZY. Only about 62 hours until the movie begins... (starts hyperventilating)

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, Costumed members must be at the theatre in costume by 6pm on Wednesday. We have some rehearsals to do regarding our "presentations" going on that evening.. so.. further info on that will be forthcoming.

3. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    You can't camp out overnight before the movie is released, but you can spend the night of the premiere at the theater.
    Fandango is now listing a 3:00am DLP (Digital Projection)showing for Edwards Mira Mesa on May 18, technically May 19. If you have a ticket to the 12:01 and buy a ticket for the 3:00am, then you'll get to spend the whole night at the theater!

Later digital showings for May 19 are at 1:25pm, 7:45pm and 11:00pm. No need to pollute your eyes with the inferior film version!

4. Emerald_Beacon

Emerald_Beacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Oooh... that 3:00 showing is soooo tempting... I'm worried that I'm going to be completely incoherent by then, but... hmm...

Hey, since it's an AM showing, does that mean it's matinee prices? :)

5. Drk_Helmet

Drk_Helmet Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Ok a few questions since I've never participated in an organized "line" event...

1) My coworkers have risen to the challenge and I've been able to raise more than the $50 for Line A. However...no one has signed for an hourly donation. Does this mean if I wait in line today, Tues., and Wed., my status in line will remain the same, or is it also based on the number of hours I wait in line on top of the donation amount?

sorry long question I know....

2) Would it be alright if I brought my Star Wars Monopoly game, which I still haven't openned since I got it 2 xmases ago? :p

and finally

3) I know we cannot bring coolers but is there anything against bringing bottled water in say your backpack or in a grocery bag?

Thanks for the answers!!

2 more wakeups....2 more wakups...... woop woop

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Anyone have any "ancient [insert heritage] medicine tricks" to help get rid of a cold asap? Nyquil only seems to be making it worse. :(

I'll be there in about 5 hours. :)

7. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    You can bring in anything that fits in a backpack... you should be okay with your own bottled water.

As for the cold, dissolve table salt into warm water and snort it up your nose. It will make you runny like crazy for about 5 minutes but it will clear out your sinuses quickly.

8. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    JediG60racer posted on 5/16/05 12:55pm

As for the cold, dissolve table salt into warm water and snort it up your nose. It will make you runny like crazy for about 5 minutes but it will clear out your sinuses quickly.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Eww...that sounds nasty but good to know for the future

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    1) ..is it also based on the number of hours I wait in line on top of the donation amount?

Yes, it is also based on your number of hours online.

2) Would it be alright if I brought my Star Wars Monopoly game, which I still haven't openned since I got it 2 xmases ago? :p

Games are fine, but only if I can play ;)

3) I know we cannot bring coolers but is there anything against bringing bottled water in say your backpack or in a grocery bag?

bottled water is fine, and there are plenty of food locations located nearby.

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Live Line Report #1

- There are about 8 of us lined up so far in front of the Mira Mesa theatre. We plan to be lined up at least till 2am when the last show lets out. At that time we "may" be allowed into the theatre, if not, we will return early the next morning. So far we have our chairs out on the far right side of the entrance.

I've been busy this morning, not only have I been interviewed by the Union-Tribune on the phone, but I have also confirmed donations with both Master Replicas and Lucasarts. Master Replicas is sending lightsabers, t-shirts, and hats for prizes. Lucasarts is sending enough copies of Star Wars Galaxies so that everyone in the theatre can have one. I also have 25 other prizes so far. This is going to be an awesome evening for us all! Charity donations so far are at $736. Keep up the good work everyone! So far Geoff leads the charity donations at $221 raised for the charity, and so far Donna has the most number of hours in line.

11. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Geoff was first in line and was still there when I left - and besides, everyone will have more hours than me. ;)

But it was fun. I'll be back tomorrow morning.

John our Stormtrooper was getting a lot of attention from people, so don't be afraid to wear you costumes folks. :D

12. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    We may be stopping by to say hi tonight. We can't stay for a huge amount of time if we do though.
    This is so cool!

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Actually that was STEVE who was our stormtrooper today. ;)

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll be there in a little bit, Spanish homework in tow! ;)

15. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    [face_blush] Oops, sorry.

16. IceManHG

IceManHG Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2005
    I forgive you :)

17. redsith17

redsith17 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    That was a lot of fun walking around in costume today:) Can't wait til there's more of us tom. I will be a little late tom, so I can get my haircut looking much more "evil sith" like. Probably some face paint too. Look out!

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Man, I wish I had my camera for that kid in the window. [face_laugh] His face was just priceless.

[Edit]

Okay, one of my friends just bailed on Wed., so I now have 2 extra tickets. I'm still seeing if the guys downstairs want them, but if not, I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

19. benkenobisan

benkenobisan Jedi Master star 1

May 17, 2005
    I took alot of pictures today, so maybe I'll get kid shot tomorrow.

Everyone bring more cameras and we'll swap pictures. It's pretty hard to get a shot of yourself!

20. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    There are currently two tents in front of the theater, but they are in no way with SDSW. In fact, one of the tents is owned by a kid who came by earlier in the day and we asked him to not put up a tent because of mall management.

21. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    As long as the tents aren't in our line, they can do whatever. Let security boot them off the property.

We had 78 hits on the line web site yesterday. :D

22. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    *Twelve* hours until freedom. Won't be by the line at all today. I have one final in an hour and a half.. And then another one at 7. And then I am done at 9. :)

Will be there Wednesday, though. Yay! And now I need to leave the laptop at home, head to school, and focus on finals all day. Hehe.

23. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    GreyJedi posted on 5/17/05 5:53am
    As long as the tents aren't in our line, they can do whatever. Let security boot them off the property.

We had 78 hits on the line web site yesterday. [face_grin]
    [hr][/blockquote]

But Mall Management might see the tents and think they're our tents and get pissed at us.

24. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Well there's been a development on that front.

Edwards Theatre management has invited us to spend the night if we want. :) There is no security presence in the mall, and they are not worried about getting in trouble for it. In fact they are quite pleased with the Line so far, so for tonight: Tents outside the theatre doors are okay!

25. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Woot! I'll be setting up a tent tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.