main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III Line-Up Plans

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Posted on behalf of Tallonkaardgamer

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's what we have been ok'd to do and how the schedule is shaping up leading up to the midnight showing of ROTS!

Lineup - Starting 10 AM Wednesday May 19 at Briar Creek Commons. Bring your guitars and music and share your love of Star Wars with your fellow fans!

1. 5PM - 11PM
    Star Wars CCG and Star Wars Miniature gaming demos - need Will and at least two other volunteer to man the tables and help with teaching people how to play. Tables will be on the inside lobby.

2. 5PM - 11PM
    Triangle Trade Federation membership drive / photo op. Need at least one digital cameraman for photography, at least two, maybe 3 people for membership taking, performing Origami X-Wings, showing how to build a lightsaber base, passing out flyers, talking about the club, taking donations for the photo op with our members in costume. Donations go to ForKatie.

3. 8PM - 9 PM
    Costume Contest for patrons. Prizes will be passes for movies (other than Star Wars) by Eastern Federal.

4. 9PM - 10PM
    The Shadow Players perform their outstanding lightsaber duel either outside in the parking lot or inside the theaters after seating.

5. 10PM - 11:30PM
    Trivia contest in the theaters after seating - prizes by TTF club. Need at least 3 - 4 volunteers for it, one to hold questions, another to pass out prizes. Prizes will be free Star Wars CCG cards boosters or Star Wars common miniatures.

6. 5PM - 11PM -
    Inside the theater lobby - a rep from Barnes and Nobels showing off Star Wars books, and Electronics Boutique, a gaming store, with consoles playing your favorite Star Wars video games.

We are honored to be a part of this exciting event and thank you Eastern Federal and Daniel Tyson at Briar Creek for making this possible!

2. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    When Don and I talked I was under the impression that the events would start around 5pm. That works fine with us but we really do not have the room to have people start coming and lining up at 10am - we won't even be open until noon that day! I assure you that if you have a ticket you will have a seat and in the 60' screen auditoriums we are running them on there is no bad seat (even in front!). If you all want to start coming by at 5pm when some members of the Triangle Trade Federation come that would work but before then is going to make it difficult for us.

Please understand that I am not trying to put a damper on your plans but please let me know before you start announcing things that are different from what Don and I talked about.

Daniel Tyson
    General Manager
    Movies at Brier Creek

3. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    This is gonna be great!

4. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Well, I'm hoping it's not too early to sign up, but my mom (Audrey) and I are in.

2. 5PM - 11PM
    Triangle Trade Federation membership drive / photo op. Need at least one digital cameraman for photography, at least two, maybe 3 people for membership taking, performing Origami X-Wings, showing how to build a lightsaber base, passing out flyers, talking about the club, taking donations for the photo op with our members in costume. Donations go to ForKatie.

Well, we're both up for taking membership, passing out flyers, and/or taking the donations. Neither of us is good at origami, has a digital camera, or knows how to build a lightsaber though. :) Is that three people for all six hours? Or is it staggered? We're probably going to be working at least part of the day and it might be a bit rough doing it that long.

6. 10PM - 11:30PM
    Trivia contest in the theaters after seating - prizes by TTF club. Need at least 3 - 4 volunteers for it, one to hold questions, another to pass out prizes. Prizes will be free Star Wars CCG cards boosters or Star Wars common miniatures.

If you need someone to pass out prizes, I'm game if no one else does. I don't really want to read the questions on the off-chance I mispronounce something. I really don't want to get booed. :)

Don, did you get my Paypal payment in time to get us tickets? I went ahead and got a pair online just in case.

Thanks,
    Judy

5. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Judy, yes I purchased tickets for you, never fear, and for all those who gave me money. Adam, Chris, and all others who sent me money, I went in and got your tix at 1:15 AM last Wednesday.

Daniel, we have such a small fan group that I doubt that much more than about 2-3 people will show up at 10AM. Hopefully this should not be a problem. Sorry for not discussing that one aspect with you in advance.

6. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hi Don

As I said in the other thread, I have a 4.1 digital camera so you can count on me to help you with the photographs.

Hope to meet everybody soon (by the way, How do I register in the triangletradefederation to become an official member?).

Jorge

7. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    When we meet up next Tuesday we can mention it to my superiors - I do not think it is a problem but they have said in the past that they did not want people camping out for tickets. See you Tuesday.

Daniel

8. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Don, just to let you know that I won't be getting off of work until around 6:30ish so I can't show up until 6:45-7:00. Hope that's not a problem!

9. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    No problem!

10. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Hey gang, Don and I are trying to coordinate ordering shirts for the opening nite. BodoJanx has found a supplier and designed our new logo (Thanks for everything you are doing, Brad) and we are going to contact them by Tuesday or Wed so we can get them on time. Please post here or call Don and let us know your size. I think the cost will be approx. $16. As soon as we have solid details we will post them tomorrow. We want to have all TTF members wearing the same thing on opening nite. The shirts will be a grey polo shirt with the design in red. We ask that everyone wear your blue jeans so you can be comfortable.

11. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Quick question regarding the TTF shirts (and like LlorchTHX said, how do we become members for real?): are we not supposed to be either dressing up or wearing other Star Wars items? Mom and I had something else planned.

Judy

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Excellent question, Bearleft!
    By being on this board, you're considered to be a member. I want to get the word out about our club by having all our members wear our club tshirt with the logo if you are going to help out in the festivities.

If you wish to be a helper for the festivities, Stacey and I want all those to give me your sizes. I'll order the shirt, and you can pay me back at the theater.

If you want to help out and stay in costume, too, that's ok with me. I will be following the 501st way - stay in costume until 1/2 hour or so before the movie, then jump back into their street clothes of jeans and our club shirt.

Those who want to be in costume all the time that night and be in the contest are welcomed to do so.

13. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    FYI, Wizards of the Coast approved my demos of Star Wars TCG and Star Wars Miniatures. I should be getting the product from them for this in a week or so. I will have 100 deck boxes that we can hand out to people that take demos, and I should have 30+ promos from the miniatures game that we can use too.

Also, I need some people to help me with demos. If you are interested, please see my thread requesting help. I'll send you an e-mail and find a time to get you trained.

Thanks!

William

14. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    Question:

Is it too late to get tickets for the midnight showing?

please say no

15. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    CMR - At Brier Creek, we just opened up a third screen for the midnight show. Tickets are available online at fandango.com or come by the box office. You should be able to get some over the next couple of days.

16. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Hey Don,
    You can go ahead and put me down for a medium.

17. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    I gotcha Chris! I am collecting a partial list for Don. I can't wait to see you there.

18. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Don/Stacey,

I will need a large.

William

19. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    Don or Ms. Stacey if you would please put me down for a X-Large. Thank You

20. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hi Everybody

Speaking of lining up for opening night check today's foxtrot comic strip

foxtrot

In other things, Don/Stacey please put me down with one MEDIUM size T-shirt. Thanks.

Jorge

21. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Thanks for the replies on sizes guys. I have almost everyone. I might order a couple of extra shirts in large and extra large for those who haven't gotten their sizes to me.

22. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    My fiancé and I just got tickets to the Briar Creek midnight showing!!!

We're going to be at y'all's event all day :)

23. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    CMR, we look forward to meeting you and your Fiance. This is gonna be fun!

24. willhi1979

Sep 9, 2004
    Have we thought about starting the demos and everything later? 5pm is pretty early to be over there since it's 30 minutes from my workplace. I could go in early and do it though....

25. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    please put me down for an x-large shirt. thank-you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.