main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Episode III, looking forward to it but kinda not at the same time?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by obi-wan-bartak, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    Im looking forward to seeing episode III, just to see how obi-wan is able to get the twins away in safety, i dont understand why he chose tatooine and his step-brothers homestead, seems like the would be one of the first places Darth Vader would look, just my opinion. I read somewhere that episode III takes place 4 or 5 years after episode II, i wonder why it took so long for anakin and padme to get it on and have the kids lol, guess they were both busy with the careers for a while.

2. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Weeeell, I think that the twins are born on Dagobah (remember Luke said it seemed familiar?). And ORIGINALLY, Owen was Obi-Wan's brother! Lucas stole him to give to Anakin! GRRR! But, that's why Obi-Wan gave Luke to Owen. As for Tatooine, I've wondered that too. If I were Vader, it seems like I'd check there first! Vader doesn't know he has kids, so he wouldn't know to look for them. And he might think that Obi-Wan is dead. And unless Obi-Wan used the Force all the time, Vader probably wouldn't think to try and sense him. Or maybe Tatooine just harbours too many bad memories for him, what with his mom and all. I really don't know. There are lots of questions that need to be answered. I just wish I trusted George Lucas to answer them well. My hardcore, rabid fangirl-ness will probably always find problems though. LOL

3. Darth_Askew

Darth_Askew Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    I doubt that all of our questions will be answered with EpIII. They'll need some wiggle room to leave certain things up to fan interpretation/debate to keep interest in the franchise lingering for additional books, video games, toys, etc.

If everything tied up all neatly, interest might wane a little quicker IMO. Whatever they do, I'm sure it will be good, and probably not all of what anyone suspects.

Looking forward to it tho.

4. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Actually from what I understand, Vader/Anakin never knew about the twins. Remember in ROTJ, he "sensed " the luke had a twin sister, but didnt really know? Also, in ANH, during the first death star battle, he just said "the force is strong with this one" he didnt seem to realize it was luke, so he didnt realize that was his son he was aiming for.So really, he doesnt even know LEia is his daughter until ROTJ , and IN ESB, that is when he realizes that Luke is his son. So, In my opinion, that would make more sense anyways, to have Padme' bear the twins without Anakin ever knowing, BEcause she senses his turn to the Dark side. DOnt you think? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.