main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Episode III merchandise and promotional items discussion. ** possible spoilers

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Same here man. I was REALLY tempted by the Obi-Wan Starfighter, but I'd rather have that $20 in Indy.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    This came up in the Boston Collecting thread, so I figured I'd mention it here since you guys are closer to it.

I don't know if anyone is going to do a "Midnight Madness" run on April 2nd, but besides TRU there is a 24 hour Walmart in Raynham that might be doing something as well.

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    That Wal-Mart is taking part. I posted it just above your last post in the Foxboro's Official Countdown Thread for Episode III and Celebration III thread.

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well yesterday while looking for some things at Wal-Mart I came across the new Pez from Star Wars!!

I bought the following:

Emperor Palpatine
    Emperor Palpatine (Glow-in-the-Dark face, Wal-Mart exclusive limited edition)
    Chewbacca [brand new mold, not old style]
    General Grievous
    Death Star

The Darth Vader,Boba Fett, C3PO, RD-D2, and Yoda were the same as previous mold.

They were only 94 cents at the store so I got a bunch.

And I only found one lonely SW easter egg w/ 60 stickers inside!! :) I was happy to have found that.

Also there are special 3 packs of Clone Wars Cartooon Network figure packs also available at the store.

One pack has Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Red Clone Trooper.

The other one has Assajj Ventres,General Grievous, and Durge.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Cool finds Chris. I was at TRU Saturday and came across a bunch of new SW candies. They had the PEZ dispensers along with lollipops that had plastic heads around the pop. They also had battery operated Lollipops (Vader & Chewie) and they had these weird lightsabers and the blades were filled with some kind of liquid goo candy.

Only a few more days until we can "legally" purchase ROTS toys! :D I'll probably pick and choose. With C3 right around the corner, I only plan on getting a handful of figures Saturday. Definitely the "Lava" Vader Target exclusive and then probably a Yoda, Obi, Anakin and 1 or 2 more. I'll pick up more after C3.

6. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm hoping to score Dooku, Vader, Sidious, Tarkin and the Target Vader.

7. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks for the info Mike I have to go out to the stores today and I will check out those candies. :)

I am going to the madness sale, just not sure which one yet. I will be getting a just couple of figures not alot. Vader,Palpatine,Anakin, and Clonetroopers

8. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I am going to get off work at 7am on Saturday then shoot down to Target in Worcester to grab the exclusive figure (hopefully it is still there).

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I will grab a few extra exclusive figues if anyone needs them. Let me know and I will get some if I can at the midnight madness.

Also I got a flyer in the mail from Target with a cool chromium style picture of Obi-Wan and Anikin dueling w/coupon for a dollar off all figures purchased on 4/2/2005.

Anyone else got one of these?

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    $1 off every figure purchased that day! I wish I got that coupon! That would save me a trip to WalMart. The only reason I'm going up there is because their figures are going to be $5.48 while I believe Target will be charging $6.99.

BTW: The Vader exclusive Vader is limited to 1 per person, so there should be enough for everyone :D

11. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Nicole might be going to Toys R Us at midnight for me since I have to do overtime!

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, I was a bit bummed to learn that there are NO WalMarts in MA participating in their version of "Midnight Madness". On top of that, there are only 2 locations taking part in the "48 hours of the Force" promotion and the closest on is out in Oxford!

I also heard that WalMart will be selling an exclusive "Early Bird" promotion which is a nod to Kenner's "EB" promotion from 1977. Included in the kit is a coupon redeemable for 4 "retro-styled" figures of Luke, Chewie, Vader and Leia. Problem is, only those stores participating in the "48 hours" campaign will have them for sale :(

The only other way you can get one (besides Ebay) is by ordering them at walmart.com starting on 4/2.

13. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    The Oxford Wal Mart is the one I go to, I shall be at that event......

14. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Dex1138 was nice enough to post on the Collector's Forum the list of weekly releases of the Burger King toys.

Here it is:

WEEK 1
    Han Solo in carbonite
    Falcon
    Jabba
    Wicket
    Luke
    Chase Vader

WEEK 2
    Yoda
    X-wing
    R2D2
    Chewbacca
    Darth Maul
    Chase Vader

WEEK 3
    Emperor Palpatine
    Podracer
    Padme
    Jawa
    ObiWan Kenobi
    Chase Vader

WEEK 4
    Grievous
    Jedi Starfighter (E3)
    JarJar
    Boga
    Leia
    Chase Vader

WEEK 5
    Clone Trooper
    Vader's TIE fighter
    Boba Fett
    Wampa
    C-3PO
    Chase Vader

WEEK 6
    Watto
    Landspeeder
    Battle Droid
    Tarfful
    Mace Windu
    Chase Vader

15. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    I have two Vaders
    Wicket
    Jabba
    Han in carbonite

16. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Luke
    MF

17. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Well I picked up the new wave of BK toys, and added four figures and a Dewback to my vintage collection. Also got an EU Dark Luke MOC

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    which 4 vintage figure did you add?

19. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Up to now, Anakin, 8-D8, Bespin Lando, Leia Poncho, Imperial Officer, FX-7, power droid. My goal was to have collected ALL of the vintage figures by the time I turned 30.

I am going to stop on the newer stuff until I get the 'Last 17' by the end of the year.............

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I think I'm missing about 14 of the "Final 17". I usually go back to filling in the holes when there's a lull in new stuff. Before the AOTC/Saga wave, I managed to pick up Wicket, Poncho Leia, & B-Wing Pilot all nice and complete.

Since it sounds like Hasbro is going back to the OTC stuff after the ROTS line, I'll probably start picking up the few that I need then.

21. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    With what I have in Cali storage(hope is still there since its has been years since I have seen them :( ) I would have aprox. 50 figures including a couple of the 'Last 17'. My next pick ups will be the expensive ones such as, Amanaman, Imperial Gunner, Stormtrooper Luke etc...

22. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    How is everyone's Burger King toy collecting going?

23. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Not good, no money these days. I did buy a Tarkin figure though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.