main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III midnight showing

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Idgie, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    It's getting closer to that day,everyone! :) The trailers are out,the theatrical poster is up and it's not too much longer until Ep.III hits theaters and we've all decided that we definitely want to catch the first showing at 12:01 on May 19. [face_hypnotized]

We've decided that we want to see it at the Emagine in Novi,because we'd like to see a digital presentation.R2-Detroit has also decided to see the film at the Emagine,so why not invite Grand Rapids as well and make it a multi-FF deal and definitely THE place to catch the midnight showing of 'Revenge of the Sith'! =D=

2. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    Has anybody called Emagine to see if they are up for costumers?

3. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    That's great news!

I've sent an email about costuming, just waiting for a reply. If I don't hear from them in a couple of days I'll call. :)

4. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    We are welcome to costume the midnight showing! :)

5. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    I was a little late on the draw. I just emailed them to see what they would say. Thanks Susie!!! :)

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hello A2-F2,

R2-Detroit is having a tailgate party at emagine starting at around 12:00 pm Wednesday, same type thing as for Attack of the Clones if you were around for it. For those that weren't, basically everyone brings something edible, in or out of costume, and we have a little fun before heading into the theatre around 9:00 pm.

Anyone interested is welcome to join us!

~Scooby

7. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    I believe all of us plan to come out to the midnight showing there. Thanks for the offer of the tailgating before hand, not sure what everyone elses schedules are but MM and I will be out in the evening. Will be good to see all the R2 people again.

8. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    I got a confirmation just as Lava did on costuming. It's a go!!! =D= :D

9. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    Any idea when tickets go on sale?

10. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    The tickets go on sale starting this Monday, April 18th. They are not going on sale during C3. Everyone can now exhale. The two methods to purchase tickets are by phone or at the box office.

As there will be only 1 digital showing at midnight, who is up for starting a line tomorrow night around 7:00 pm? I haven't received word from Fountainwalk, but I expect one night isn't going to be that big a problem. I don't want to do this alone, so if there is enough interest, bring a chair, warm clothing, gloves and hat, snacks and drinks. I will be there until the tickets go on sale.

I don't want to take the chance of not getting through on the phone.

If there is no interest, then I will just get there around 5:00 am.

If you want a ticket, be there or get your money to me or other line members, NO EXCEPTIONS!!! I will not be stuck with 3 or 4 extra tickets again.

~Scooby

11. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    I spoke to a manager at the Emagine and I was told that they will begin selling tickets at 11am.There is no limit on how many tickets you can buy.

Thank the maker I'm on vacation this week. :D

12. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    I don't know. Finals start next week, not to mention I will most likely miss two of my classes if I wait until 11 AM on Monday. Maybe I'll stop by and see how long the line is. If it isn't that long, I might wait in line with you guys, it all depends on how soon after 11 AM I can get out of there.

13. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    No kidding this time:
    I'm gonna see if I can get the makeup on my Emperor semi-right for the Ep. III midnight showing. It seems fitting for the Emperors biggest night!

14. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    How many different midnight showings are they going to have? If they have it on multiple screens, it may be hard to coordinate everyone into the same showing. But, then again, I guess everyone will have the experience of being in line, and there will be hardcore fans in all the showings.

I'm debating whether to wait and try to get tickets at the Emagine, or if I should just order tickets earlier for a different theater.

15. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    From what we found out last night at Emagine, there will only be 1 midnight showing in the digital format . . . and 4 other viewings in the regular format.

So, if you'd like to obtain your ticket for the digital viewing, remember to ask for that specifically. Also, they charge $1 extra for digital so the total cost of the ticket comes to $9.75.

Scooby-Wan was there this morning, and they started selling tickets in-person at 9am. Howeve, other people have tried to call and it's not loaded into the system yet (as of 9:30am). So, keep trying. :)

-Bianca

16. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    I was also there this morning and got the tickets I needed.There were only 6 of us in line,7 counting Kyle(who wants everyone to know that he was 2nd in line...or was it third?) :p

Bianca is right,there is only one digital showing at midnight on the 19th.However,the Emagine is showing the non-digital version on at least 4 other screens at 12:01 on May 19th.So,if you're not too worried about the digital showing,then you should have no problem getting tickets for the midnight show.If you really do want the digital(which I know most of us do),you may be better off driving to the theater and taking a chance there,as opposed to playing phone tag all day.

Good luck! :)

17. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Sorry, got swamped at work.

Just a quick update:

The system is updated so you can now use the #800 for Emagine to order your midnight tickets (if you haven't done so already). :)

18. Midnightguard

Apr 3, 2002
    Thanks THD, I had checked on my lunch but it still had not been updated.

19. Midnightguard

Apr 3, 2002
    Got our tickets right after work yesterday... WOOT!

20. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    That's great!With two FanForces plus the 501st,we should have an excellent turnout for this! :)

One month to go! :D

21. YodasBrownEyedGirl

Feb 18, 2003
    There will be alot of costumers that night. It should be a great time. I can't wait. That Denny's may be swamped with people after the movie lets out. Oh, maybe I shouldn't be putting that idea out there. Poor Denny's.

:D [face_coffee]

22. Capt_Piett

Aug 4, 2002
    Pleese don't tell me that tickets are still avalable for opening night at Emagine. I would hate to have stayed there all night for no reason at all.

23. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    There are still tickets for the midnight digital showing of ROTS up for grabs!! That would be one of the many reasons I didn't stand in line. :D

24. Midnightguard

Apr 3, 2002
    Was thinking the same thing as you Lavagrrl :)

25. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hi! :)

Dropping by from FanForce Singapore. I'm supposed to be going to U of Michigan this fall so I thought I should visit FanForce Ann Arbor!

Star Wars fans aren't that numerous in Singapore, but it's still pretty happening for the big events. Usually at least 10 will show up in costumes (including me if I can find one :D), but I guess that's just peanuts compared to over there!

As expected, the opening day is 19th over here, though there are sneak previews as early as May 18th 4 p.m. There's also a Charity Premiere on May 16th but it costs S$150, which I'm estimating is less than US$100 actually.

Wish I could have attended C3, being the last one and all, but too bad..

I'm looking forward to and really excited on going to Ann Arbor!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.