main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Episode III - Official Los Angeles Lineup for the Mann's Chinese Premiere

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by yodamoon, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodamoon

yodamoon Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    Good day folks, my name is Mike, I'm a Star Wars fan who lives in the OC and Los Angeles, depending on the time of year. I am posting here because I wanted to link to you all the wonderful group that is putting together this years line in front of the prestigious and world-reknowned Mann's Chinese Theater.

The group, Liningup.net, is going to start the official lineup 6 weeks before the May 19th release date of Episode III. We encourage any and all who wish to participate to visit the website and post on the boards about their interest in taking part in Star Wars history.

http://liningup.net/

As you may be aware, the Mann's Chinese is the location of Star's footprints, including R2-D2 and C-3PO. The theater is famous for premiering the Star Wars movies.

I hope to see you all there!

-Mike

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    sounds pretty exciting.. i hope some of the crew doing this will take a break to go to celebration III!

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Brings back memories. I was part of the original LA SW group (which became the CA SW group, then the US SW group..we evolved) that did the very first line up at the Chinese Theater (that was 2 weeks for Empire and 3 weeks for Jedi). Not to mention all the Indy films. We did all the promos for the theater in return for getting in for free. We would have the outfits and do planned routines. (How times have changed.. now we have to pay to get in :) ).

Seems strange not to be down for the final one...hopefully will get down there at least the Sat afterwards. (And Hamburger Hamlet..THAT is the rest of the tradition)..

Hmm do I want to do a one day drive after work for a midnight show and then back to work the next day...TEMPTING>..maybe... :)

Force Be With You at my old haunt.

Master K...(Then known as Han & Indy)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.