main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III: Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Alright everyone, we have less than a year and a half till Episode III comes out. As you all know this might be the last Star Wars movie ever released and I believe we should celebrate it like there's no tomorrow.

I know this might be a little early but it's never too early to start planning when it comes to Star Wars.

Here are some of my ideas on events that we can do during the wait for Episode III. I will be updating this list as Episode III moves closer.

Major Events

* StellarCon- We don't have to do both days we could do one and make it a day trip.

* Attending the John Williams Concert.

* Relay for Life April 16-17 2004- (See thread for more details)

* ConCarolina's- June 2004
    Let's support Janet and the Dagobah Swamp Foxes by attending this yearly event in Charlotte. She needs the help of the Fan Forces. Lets support her this year!

* Fan Force BBQ/Gathering: This was a major hit with all of us that attended the first one in Greenville hosted by Kevin of the Emerald City Empire. Hopefully we can have another one of these in the future.

* DragonCon 2004 (Labor Day Weekend): One of the biggest Conventions in the South. It's sure to be a blast this year as it has been in the past. This is a great way to meet people from all across the nation and from different Fan Organizations and Fan Forces.

* Classic Trilogy DVD Release: I did something with the Havelock Fan Force when Episode II came out on Video. It was very successful and we gained another member as a result. We could talk to a few vendors in the area about having a booth with a few flyers and the Fan Force display. This would be a great recruiting opportunity for us. Costumes are a good idea but if you don't have one don't worry about it. Maybe we could run a few CCG and TCG workshops, have SW: Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit on Hand and just have a lot of fun promoting the rerelease of the Classic Trilogy.

Other Ideas:

* Prop Day: If you want to make a lightsaber, work on your costume, or work on another costume this would be the perfect opportunity. I know that I would like to work on my Darth Sidiou and Royal Guardswear just a bit to get it ready for the big night. This doesn't have to be localized, it could be a Statewide thing.

* SW Game Day: Maybe at one place we could have a SW Game Day where we set up TCG, CCG, Star Wars Monopoly/Trivial Pursuit. PC Games, X-Box Games at a particular place. It'd be a great way for us to gain a little exposure.

* Episode III Line Shirts/Fan Force Shirts: This might be a good idea and I know there has been some talk about it in the past. If anyone can find anyone to help us make Fan Force Shirts, celebrating Episode III's release let's do it.

* Halloween Safety Night: I know that this was big when Episode II was released on IMAX, however, maybe we could team up with an Organization to promote safety on Halloween Night.

Speaking of Episode III, we need to start thinking about where do we want to line up and what we want to do. Maybe hosting TCG, CCG and Monopoly and having a Costume Contest. I know this is perhaps the most anticipated movie ever. Let's ring it in with style!

I will be updating this list as Episode III moves closer but it's better to start now than the week before.

Yours Friendly Galactic PR Director:

Janers :)

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Good start Jayners! :)

My ultimate goals for Episode III premiere night are rather grandiose.
    1. Get at least one celeb here to join in the festivities.
    2. Have enough statewide fans to nab one theater house to ourselves - 260 folks.
    3. Pick the best doggone theater in the state to host it at.
    4. Lots of fan related activites - 501st trooping, media exposure, trivia contest, costume contest, raffles with retailer tie-in.
    5. Work with Steve Sansweet to make these things happen.

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    A quick thought on the theater, the new Briar Creek theater is gorgeous and the management seems to be the kind of cooperative group we would need to be able to pull an ambitious undertaking such as this off.

4. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I say lets talk to them. I have a feeling that we can make this bigger and better than the Episode II premiere. Maybe we can arrange an appointment for us to meet with them.

5. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    WOW. You guys are like my heros! Very ambitious!

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I agree with Stacey. I'm in good with management at both Briar Creek Commons 14 and Crossroads 20. Crossroads has 240 seats and old style screen and sound. Briar Creek Commons has 268 seats, but full Dolby Digital sound and picture. It kicks tuckus.

7. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    My vote is for Briar Creek!

-UD :)

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Briar Creek has my first place vote. Time to execute the plan on Monday. All wings report in.

9. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Briar Creek sounds good since they seem to be the most updated.

10. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    Briar Creek has my vote!

11. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    FYI: Just to let you know the John Williams Concert is coming up on April 2 and runs till the 4th. I was wondering would anyone be interested in contacting the Symphony to see if we can make a costume apperance on those days. If we were to get a yes on the costume thing who would you most likely go as?

I would go as The Emperor, but I wouldn't mind letting someone wear my RG wear.

-UD

12. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    When and where is the John Williams concert going to be? I would love to go to that!

Chris

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've pulled the original thread out and placed it back on the top of the board, Chris.

14. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    where is the Briar Creek theater? I'd love to goto this as well, and hopefully, I'll have my TK armor for C3 and this too!

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I talked with Sean last night about Ep III. He said that traditionally one of the guys heads up the movie release down in Charlotte.

They all do Concord Mills Theaters near Charlotte for the statewide celebrations. Everyone in the 501st shows up there including Rebel Scum (rebel alliance costumers) and they earn a lot of money for their chosen charity, Make-a-Wish foundation.

Looks like unless this falls through, which is unlikely, Charlotte has the bigger gravity pull than Raleigh.

More immediate question to be pondered is where to host the Trilogy DVD release in September. 501st went to Suncoast at Crabtree, but they were not welcomed well last time for the AOTC dvd release.

16. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Further discussion with Sean last night after the concert and conferring with Cheralyn, there's no reason why we can't split the state and have two celebration, one in Charlotte and one here. We're back on the front burner, kids! :)

17. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    YAY! I know I will be joining the Raleigh crew for the celebration of Episode 3. Don let me know how I may be of assistance.

18. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Thursday May 19, 2005 is the big day, folks! :D Fireup those lightsabers and blasters and get ready to rock (or line up)!

19. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Definitely excited about Ep. III. :D We have a nice theater, and they are going to let us camp out the night BEFORE the night it comes out, so it will be a huge Star Wars party, with costumes and all. :D

20. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yahoo!!!!! This is soooooo great! I'm so happy a date has been set!

21. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    definatly will be at raleigh! hopefully as a TK!

22. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    You know me. I'll be there trooping with the 501st, as a RG, or The Emperor. Wherever I'm needed I will go!

-UD

23. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Lol, it will be alot of fun. The folks of Rocky Mount didnt know what hit em at Episode II when we were there. This time it wont be sporadic, though. We are coming prepared!!!! :)

24. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    The Triangle area targets are Crossroads 20 in Cary and Briar Creek Commons 14. I'm in good standing with both of them. I'll be contacting them this week and follow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.