main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Episode III Premiere

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SW-SG-1FanNZ, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I remember thinking that "anakin builds 3PO" in TPM had to me rubbish. I was wrong.

Well, it was "rubbish" as far as plot went (IMO), but it was also in TPM alright.

And I also remember thinking that 3PO's head being swapped with a battledroid in AOTC was rubbish...

I'm a slow learner.

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    "Man, Attack of the Clones is such a stupid name, it sounds so B-grade. Nobody would ever use that as a movie title!"

3. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    well it's a SW movie. what do you expect!? :)

-Mel

4. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    hows this for a title for EIII:

"The Phantom Clones Return to Strike Back at the Hopeful Jedi"

5. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    LOL!
    That's like the longest ever SW title for one single film!!!!!

-Mel

6. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    is it also going to be released on May 19th 2005 in NZ?
    btw do you have to stand in line for tickets like in the us (first come first serve) or can you "reserve" them?
    not just for this occasion but in general. :)

-Mel

7. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Movies always open on a Thursday here, so May 19th should be the date. AOTC opened on the same date it did in the states.

New Zealand has a small population, so it's a very rare occasion (if it even exists) that movie theaters can't meet demand. Blockbuster movies usually sell out about an hour-30mins on the afternoon showings of their opening weekend. You can buy tickets either online, through the phone or at the theater. In terms of phone or internet ticket buying, you have to either pay for them straight away via credit card, or be at the theatre 30mins beforehand to pay via eftpos.

Actually, I think the biggest demand on movie theaters comes on rainy days during the school holidays ... I've seen kids movies sold out for several hours in advance on days like that. I'm speaking in terms of Auckland city, though, which holds about a third of the country's population.

8. -SILVER-

-SILVER- Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    I think I'll delay seeing Episode III on the silver-screen for at least a few days.

When I first saw Episode I some drunk/high people came in & sat a few rows behind me.

They turned the theatre into a circus.

9. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Na, best time to see a movie like this is midnight premier. Then you're with others who *actually* care about it.

A couple of days later is with crying kids and other annoying people.

My experience with SW and LOTR.

10. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    Yeah, when I saw Spider-Man 2 there was a kid running around crying & drivin' me nuts. :mad:

11. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I get so irritable with people making unnecessary noise in movies. One of the times I went to see "The Two Towers" there was a bunch of about 6 or 8 kids running around down the front. I ended up standing up in the middle of the film and shouting "WILL YOU SHUT UP, YOU STUPID CHILDREN"

They were pretty quiet after that.

I actually find telling people to shut up is quite effective ... they're usually taken aback that someone would actually say something to them.

12. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I had some kid of about 14 kicking the back of my chair all through Spider-Man 2. After about half an hour of this, I casually asked him to stop, which he did....

... for about five minutes.

When he started up again, I made another request, which was ignored. A friend who was with me, who is heavily tattoed on his forearms grew sick of this kid (his chair was getting kicked as well), so he proceeded to turn around and tip the remainder of his drink all over the kid's crotch.

The kid gave the whole "I'll-take-you-on" look until he saw the tattoo's and promptly was silenced. I think the fact we're all tall, rather big guys with a selection of dreadlocks/tattoos/piercings amongst us inspired some respect (though I can't say much, I dress like I'm the fifth member of the Datuns a lot of the time).

The soaked juvenile bailed with his mates and didn't come back. Noboby in the theatre, nor the staff said a thing, and my group watched the last hour or so in peace.

This wasn't my ideal solution, but I think with some kids like that in movies, you really have to get your message across. Normally, we might of moved chairs, but it was allocated seating and a busy night, plus we were already five rows from the front.

Anyone else had annoying movie-going experiences.

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    na, but in lectures at uni if people are talking a loud, can you pelase be quiet surely shuts them up :p

14. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    Na, best time to see a movie like this is midnight premier. Then you're with others who *actually* care about it.

that's the best to see a movie. the whole audience totally cares about it and you're with fellow fans!!!! nothing better than that!!!!!
    I'm looking forward to this with RotS! :D

-Mel

P.S. when it comes to these damn kids and sometimes adults there should be orderlys to take care of that. sometimes there's almost a fight breaking out cause of this.

15. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    The main reason I go to the theatre during the day is because there's more room.

I don't know how people taller than me hack it (I'm 6'3").

If I see Episode III during the day I'll have to put up with kids driving me nuts.

If I hit the theatre in the twilight hours I'll have to put up with my knees in my face.

Speaking of crampt conditions ... people who design toilet stalls should be thrown in prison. :mad:

If I'm at uni & I need to go to the toilet ... I have to go home.

Coz if I take a dump at university I'll end up covered in sh**. :mad:

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    So make a new sock called "***t break". Or we can just call you that if you prefer so you don't have to go through the trouble of making a new id here at the JC.

17. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    "***t break".

like the guy in American Pie!!!! :D

-Mel

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  19. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Lol No **** , I think thats where he got the idea!

20. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    > Coz if I take a dump at university I'll end up covered in sh**.

Never has the phrase "too much information" been more applicable.

(Although, from a purely objective angle, I can't see how the above scenario arises merely from being too tall.)

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Well, ya, I have to agree, maybe having sore knees from pressing on the door, but you must be pretty unco to end up with faeces on you.

The mind boggles.

And YouAgain; :p

22. -SILVER-

Oct 16, 2003
    I was joking for crying out loud.
    However, things such as toilet stalls, bath tubs, lecture theatres & movie theatres are extremely uncomfortable for tall people.

Speaking of movies ... I might be in The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe.

23. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    and economy class ... jeeze. I am, I guess, "average height", but anything more than a 3 hour flight is just so depressing.

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Jokes are usually funny, and not so vague.

25. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    but anything more than a 3 hour flight is just so depressing.

well with a great book or better - some turbulence. I have never slept better in all my life than on the flight to Seattle when we encountered heavy turbulence. and I thought I was afraid of flying! :D (that was my very first flight!)

-Mel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.