main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Episode III Premiere

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SW-SG-1FanNZ, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I think they were 60-90ish dollars IIRC....

but I have a bad memory...

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    You could buy tickets to the AOTC charity premiere at Village on Queen St, a few weeks prior. It featured on the news, I've got a clip on tape. Some nice costumes.

3. -Liquid_Lightning-

-Liquid_Lightning- Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2004
    I dont care how much it costs, as long as i go to it. The earlier i see Episode III the happier ill be.

4. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    what range are we talking about?
    a few hundred or a few thousand bucks?

-Mel

5. -Liquid_Lightning-

Sep 25, 2004
    Well i doubt it would be in the thousands, well damn it better not be, im not that rich. Any way im hoping that the price doesnt go over $300. So im guessing about $50-$200 probably. I dont know. Anyone out there that does?

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Like YouAgain, I recall the price being around the $70 mark. If you really want to know, go back through the board archive to find the AOTC threads ... it should say in there somewhere.

7. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    You'd really pay upwards of $200 for a ticket? That's just stupid. You clearly don't know what else that sort of money can buy!

8. -Liquid_Lightning-

Sep 25, 2004
    You'd really pay upwards of $200 for a ticket?

Yeah i would spend that much dont know why but i would. Just to go to it earlier then everybody else yeah sure i would. So what dont i clearly see what i can spend this money on?

9. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    > You'd really pay upwards of $200 for a ticket? That's just stupid. You clearly don't know what else that sort of money can buy!

People spend money on different things. I flew to Australia a few months ago just to see a band (Belle & Sebastian) play, because I love them so much and I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't go, as there was no way they'd ever come to New Zealand. The whole exercise cost me more than $1000 for approximately 2 hours of entertainment, and I consider that money well spent. That being said, I think that going out on a Friday night and spending $50 on alcohol to be a complete waste of money.

Different strokes, different folks ...

10. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    is there anything special about that screening except it being earlier than the "normal" release date`????

-Mel

11. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Um generally there are Tv reporters there, Nz television personalitys attend it and thats about it!

12. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    No doubts Ms Socialite NZ Charlotte Dawson will be there! [face_love] [face_love]

But seriuosly from what i remember about the AOTC premier was that it wasn't too much earlier than the public release, maybe 2 or 3 days?? If so there seems little point in going, you might as well go to a midnight screening with a bunch of mates on the cheap!!

13. -Liquid_Lightning-

Sep 25, 2004
    Ok now i really want to go to the premier, if it is a couple of days before the public release. I thought it was a couple of hours before the public release.

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Wha? I'm sure someone already said it was a week or two out. But yes, it's usually a day or two prior. And yes, Solo exaclty.

STH: you couldn't have gone to that concert any cheaper. Hence my point. Why see / do something for many times the cost when you can wait a little while and see / do it at minimum. If sure if that band had been coming to NZ on their tour also, you probably wouldn't have gone to Auzzie? Right?

15. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Ok yeah maybe it was on at like 7pm and then the public screeing was like at midnight, **** knows!

16. KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK

KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    The charity bash is at 7:00 the night before the general release, it's worth every cent, alot of fun for $70.00. I went to the AotC bash and had alot of fun. I brought the ticket 2 days before, booked a plane ticket the day before, just got a room at Sky City on the day and spent alot more on room service and the auction held at the premiere.

STH is right, each to thier own. I reckon money is meant to be spent, blown is a more accurate term in my case... ;)

The premiere cost me over a grand all up, most was on the flights though. (The Air NZ link service hadn't gone down in price at the time and booking the day before doesn't help much.) But it was worth every cent, the only drawback was sitting behind Liane Clark who wouldn't hush down at all, man I could've... lol

Talked with Jay Laga'ia for a li'l bit (not about SW either) met a trooper who isn't part of the 501st. (I wonder who he was?)
    Alot of fun, free bubbly and a good atmosphere, people actually clapped in the cinema when NZ'ers made their entrances. I haven't ever heard people applaud in a cinema in NZ. So I say go, small price to pay and you are helping out the Variety club too you know!

17. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    sounds like a lot of fun.
    and seems like you don't have to make up your mind til close to the moment. 2 days before it you still got tickets?! :eek:

-Mel

18. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Finally someone who knows what they're talking about!!

Sounds not too bad, might have to look into it....

19. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    Solo, where you at?

-Mel

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    In bed with some hot bird somewhere. Where exactly? He probably doesn't even know. If it's the solo I know.

lmao.

Doh \/

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

21. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    :D
    sounds like an interesting guys this Solo guy!!!!!

-Mel

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    There's only one of him. :p

And he's limited. lol

23. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Woah, i'm missing from the boards for a day and people actually missed me??

Well i've been movin flat so i've been offline for a while.....that's where i've been! Not off whoring myself like SFL would have you think!!.....can i say whoring?? [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

Limited??? I assume you mean like LIMITED EDITION i.e. one of a kind, rare, exotic, priceless??? That better be what you meant or you're in for it [face_talk_hand]

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea...

okaaay. Mullet boy.

25. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    a limited edition???
    what number do you got????

-Mel

Thread Status: