main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Episode III: Quell of the Light (2008) part 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dark Ferus, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Star Wars Episode III: Quell of the Light

Directed by Irvin Kershner

Starring:
    Natalie Portman Padme Amidala
    Joel Edgerton Owen Skywalker
    Ian Mcdiarmid Palpatine/Darth Sidious
    Hayden Christensen Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    Christopher Lee Count Dooku
    Nika Futterman Asajj Ventress
    Jaime King Aurra Sing
    Jimmy Smits Bail Organa
    Anthony Daniels C3po
    Kenny Baker R2D2
    Ewan Mcgregor Obi Wan Kenobi

Year: 14 BBY

Padme had departed Alderaan for Tatooine, hoping to enlist the newly married Owen to help turn Anakin back from the dark side. Her five year old twins, Luke and Leia, are left the care of Bail's wife Breha while Bail is on Coruscant as a Senator. Bail and Padme have secretly been training an army to oppose the empire.

Padme knocked on the door of the Lars home. Immediately, Owen answered. For an awkward moment, Padme and Owen stared at each other blankly. Then Owen threw his arms around the Queen.

"Padme, I am glad to see you okay!" he exclaimed, "Come in!"

"Owen, I need to talk to you alone," said Padme after exchanging pleasantries with her brother in law.

Owen reluctantly walked outside and closed the door.

"Anakin is not dead," Padme said, cutting right to the chase.

Owen backed away in shock.
    "What- what do you mean?"

"Remember when we came here last, when your mother died?"

Owen choked up at the memory, now eight years ago. Along with his mother, his stepfather Cleigg had died shortly after his wife.

"Anakin was so haunted, like he had committed murder," he recalled.

"Anakin-Anakin is on the dark side, Owen," stammered Padme. Though it had been five years, Padme could not talk about it without crying. Owen and Padme comforted each other silently for a moment, then Owen spoke.

"I knew something was wrong. He was not the same as the Anakin I grew up with."

"I know there's still goodness in there," Padme whispered, leaning against Owen for support, "You know him like no one else, not me, or even Obi Wan. Together, I know we can turn him back."

"I'm with you," Owen said without hesitation.

After saying goodbye to Beru, Owen returned to Padmes ship with her, where her two loyal droids waited. 3po remarked on how much he still hated space travel as they took off.

Elsewhere, Darth Vader had just killed Jedi Rahm Kota on Nar Shadda. As soon as he returned to his ship, the Executor, he received a communication from his master, Emperor Palpatine.

"What is thy bidding, my master?"

"I need you to return to Coruscant," replied Palpatine, "You will stay here until I send you elsewhere."

"But master," complained Vader, "The Jedi need to be killed! They can't be roaming the galaxy while I remain idly on the capital!"

He still has Anakin's temper, mused Palpatine. "You will be back on the battlefield in no time," he promised, "But for now, I need you here."

"As you wish, Lord Sidious," replied Vader reluctantly as Palpatine closed the communication. In fact, Palpatine had been keeping Vader on the front lines until now to distract him. The emperor had known it was a matter of time before he found out that Queen Amidala was alive, and he needed to distract Vader. Now, however, Padme was actively looking for her husband, and Palpatine needed to keep him close by.

Meanwhile, Padme and Owen devised a plan to lure Vader to them. According to rebel spies, the plans to an Imperial superweapon had been stolen by Count Dooku's apprentice, Asajj Ventress, who was hiding on Raxus Prime. Padme knew that Palpatine would want Vader to recover the plans, so she planned, along with Owen, to lead a rebel squadron to seize the plans from Ventress. Padme didn't know why Ventress was staying on Raxus Prime, but all that mattered was that she was far from Palpatines detection. With the plans, Padme would lure Anakin to her and persuade him to return to the light side.

Next: Episode III: Quell of the Light part 2

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Star Wars Episode III: Quell of the Light

Padme, Owen, and the rebel soldiers fought their way into Ventress' fortress against battle droids.As the soldiers kept Ventress' army distracted, Padme, Owen, and R2 ran into the stronghold into the communication room. Although it had been fairly easy entering, Padme couldn't help byt suspect that it was a trap. Ventress was nowhere to be found, so that meant she was waiting to strike.

"Let's hurry and get out of here," said Padme as she downloaded the plans into R2D2.

"Padme..." Owen said urgently, looking over her shoulder, "Don't move."

Just then, a blaster bolt flew into Artoo, knocking him down and causing him to turn off

Padme lept to her feet as Owen fired at something behind her. Padme whipped around to find bounty hunter Aurra Sing. Padmes insides boiled as she remembered when Sing had tried to asssassinate her during the war. Aurra fired at Owen, who jumped out of the way just in time and fired back. Padme fired her blaster again, but the force adept Aurra Sing moved quickly, overtaking Padme with ease. She grabbed her by the neck, aiming her pistol at Owen. Owen was forced to drop his blaster and raise his hands in surrender. Padme struggled against Aurra's grip, but she held her tightly by the neck.

"Let her go!" Owen said, not as strongly as he wanted to.

"You won't escape this time, your highness," cackled Sing as Padme tried to grab her blaster arm.

Just then, a swarm of battle droids entered, followed by the cloaked Ventress.

"You won't get away with this," Padme snapped at her.

Ventress ignored the Alderaan queen and said, "Exellect work, Sing, You lured her right to us."

"My pay," demanded Sing.

Ventress paid her and took the prisoners to Dooku's base on Serenno, where he explained his use for them.

Ever since Darth Sidious' betrayal, Dooku had been plotting to recruit young Anakin Skywalker to his cause, and to help him rule the galaxy after the Empire's defeat. Despite his injuries, Vader still had great potential, and would be a useful ally. Dooku reasoned that he and Padme shared the goal of overthrowing Palpatine, but Padme would not willingly join a Sith Lord.
    Darth Vader was meditating in his quarters on Coruscant when he had a vision. It was one of which he had not felt in years, one in which his loved ones were in danger. He saw Padme, being tortured, and Owen, being interrogated. He heard the familiar voice of Count Dooku;
    "Join me, and you will be reunited with the ones you love. Join me and together, we can defeat Lord Sidious and rule a galaxy free of corruption."

I had a chance to kill him, Vader thought, I should have done the deed.

Vader had long known, deep down, that Padme was alive. He could not stop himself often from wondering what had become of Owen, his brother and longtime confidant and childhood playmate.

For five years, Vader had done the Emperor's bidding, as a servant to the dark side. Now, however, he had a chance to wash the last five years away, to do what he should have done long ago. It was settled. Vader was going to Serreno.

Vader traveled to Serenno, without anyone knowing where he was going. He would return with Padme and Owen to Coruscant, and together, they would bring Palpatine down and rule as heroes. As he descended on the landing platform of Dooku's fortress, Vader considered what all this meant. Could he really renounce the dark side? He still seeked more power, but seeing Padme alive made him question its use. Although he was only 27, Vader felt like an old man. He had seen a lot, been scarred by the Clone Wars, hardened by years of killing Jedi. Was it too late to renounce the dark side? Did he really want to?

Obviously, the Separatists were expecting Vader. Security battle droids patrolling the docking bay stood at attention as he walked past them and into the base. Waiting for him inside was Asajj Ventess. Behind her were Padme and Owen, both chained to the wall.
    Seeing Padme, his whole world, and Owen, the last of his kin, flooded Vader with emotion he had not felt since he had been another man. Standing in front of them, seeing Padmes pleading face, made him feel like that man again. He ignited his blade and lunged at Ventress, who ignited her dual lightsabers.

"If only you knew how long I've been waiting for this," Ventress snickered. She swung at Vader with one blade, aiming the other at Padme's chest.
    Vader reached out with the force, breaking Padme and Owen's restraints. He walked towards the woman he loved since he was a little boy, the mother of his children.
    "Padme," he said in a tone he had never used as a Sith. Vader deactivated his blade. "Oh, Padme."

As many conflicted emotions as Padme felt, all she said was, "Behind you!" as Ventress aimed a stab at his back. Vader pushed her back with the force, reactivating his saber.

"Never touch them again," he snarled in his deep voice, reaching out with the force. He seized Ventress' throat and telekineticly lifted her off the ground. Ventess gagged as she fought for breath.
    "Skywalker..." She gasped.
    Battle droids entered the room, shooting at Vader. He used his lightsaber to block the blasts, sending them back at the droids as they entered. Padme and Owen both dove for weapons as Vader kept Ventress in his force choke. Padme and Owen fired at incoming battle droids as Ventress continues to struggle. At last, she dropped to the floor, dead.

Everything that had happened suddenly disappeared from time as Vader walked alley towards Padme, who merely stared in awe.

"I'm so sorry, Padme," Vader blurted without thinking, "I never want to hurt you, I love you."

"Oh Ani," Padme replied as sweat poured down her face, "I knew I hadn't lost you." She walked up to Anakin, not Vader, and kissed his helmet.

"Owen," Vader said, turning to his brother.

"Ani?" Owen marveled, "Is it really you?"
    Suddenly, the door slid open again. This time Dooku entered, lightsaber drawn.

"Very good, Skywalker," he said, "You have passed your first test,"

Next: Episode III: Quell of the Light part 3 ( the end)

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Star Wars Episode III: Quell of the Light part 3

"Not to worry, Skywalker," said Dooku, "You have great potential. You will be a great asset."

Vader pointed his blade at the Count, now close to ninety years old.
    "You have lived too long, old man" he retorted, "I will do what I should have done long ago."

Dooku sent a small burst of lightning at Owen and Padme. Vader jumped in front of them, blocking the Lightning with his ligtsaber. Dooku swung his blade in front of him, daring Vader to attack. Vader struck at Dooku, who barely blocked a blow the the head. His reflexes were much slower now, with advanced age.

Vader kicked Dooku, sending him back. Dooku force jumped to Vader, locking blades.

"Without me," he said angrily, "You are trapped in Sidious' grip. Together
    , we can defeat him and bring peace and freedom back to the galaxy.

Vader did not waver, sending his blade to Dooku's knees.
    Dooku blocked it, thrusting Vader's saber back.

"Your raw power will consume you," he warned with a grin, "You lack focus."

Vader struck more aggressively, forcing Dooku to retreat. Vader locked sabers again with Dooku.

"No, my power will consume you," he said calmly, cutting his weapon through Dooku's wrists.

Dooku fell to his knees as Vader took his lightsaber. He held both blades on either side of Dooku's throat.

Dooku looked at Padme and Owen.

"You still seek power," he taunted, "Your blindness will turn them against you." He laughed evilly as Vader silenced him by a flick of the wrists.

Vader turned to Padme, shutting everything else out of his head.

"I love you," he said without hesitation, "Let's do everything you said on Mustafar."
    He turned to Owen and gave him the first hug since before his turn to the dark side.

"Let's go," Vader said. The trio exited the fortress into the docking bay.

"What do we do now?" asked Owen.

"The emperor has likely discovered our presence here on Serenno," replied Vader, "You must go hide in Alderaan for now, and Padme and I will meet you there."

"What about us?" asked Padme worriedly, "Palpatine will not allow us to live together."

"We will hide until we can destroy the Emperor," said Vader, "Once he is dead, we will all be free."

After Owen departed in Dooku's ship, Vader remained with Padme. There was so much more each wanted to say to the other, but both couldn't speak now that they were alone. So Vader just held Padme in his arms.

Just then, Vader felt a dark chill. He had felt that chill ever since Palpatine had revealed that he was Darth Sidious.
    "Padme..." he stammered in his deep voice, "the emperor is coming."

Padme held on to Vader tighter. She knew that she could well be facing the end of her life, but she could die in peace now that she had Anakin back.

Palpatine's shuttle opened as soon as it landed. On instinct, Vader dropped to his knees. Padme did the same, out of political courtesy. The hooded figure of the Emperor emerged from the ramp.

Palpatine looked at Vader, then at Padme without speaking. Finally, he said, "Queen Amidala, I am relieved to see you are all right. And Lord Vader, well done."

Padme suddenly drew her blaster and fired. She knew Palpatine would not spare her, but she needed to die doing her duty, to the legitimate Republic. Palpatine smiled as he unleashed a torrent of lightning at both Vader and Padme. Vader ignited his lightsaber to block the lightning.
    Palpatine increased the intensity of his attack. Padme screamed in agony on the hangar floor. It was the worst thing Vader believes imaginable.
    "Noooo!" he howled desperately, charging Palpatine. Palpatine blaster Vader backwards, then continued his assault on Padme. Vader ran forwards, only to be met with heavy lightning.

"Thank you for your service to the empire," said Palpatine., driving another bolt at Padme. Her screams stopped. Vader knelt by her side.
    "Padme... please don't die Padme."

"Ani..." Padme gasped for breath, "You'll always be that little boy..." And she was gone forever.

Vader was incapable of tears, but he was capable of grave anger. He turned to face the laughing Palpatine.
    "You... killed her," he snarled, nothing but darkness in his heart, "I'll kill you!" He swung his blade at Palpatine who jumped back and fired more lighting at Vader. Vader could not fight back. He fell to the ground, shaking in agony.

"You are my servant," rasped the Emperor, "Nothing matters to you but the Empire and the Sith. I am your master. You cannot escape." He cackled as he hurled dark energy into the screaming Vader.
    This was enough to vanquish all light in Vader, Palpatine thought, now he is truly mine. With no Padme, Vader had no other purpose than to serve Palpatine.

Owen returned to Alderaan, where he learned of Padme's death. He took five year old Luke to Tatooine, while Leia stayed with Bail Organa. Obi Wan agreed to watch over Luke from a distance, until the time was right to rise up against the Empire, and bring balance to the force...

Iron_lord likes this.