main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III references in Episodes IV, V, and VI

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Pooja, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Can anyone spot any references to the Clone Wars/Episode III in the original films? I know Kenobi mentions it in A New Hope...

But some other things I was wondering (I'm not a knowledgable SW fan, I just worship the films), Lando mentions a battle in ESB... battle of Tenair or something like that- not sure on spelling. Is that part of the Clone Wars, or is it unknown?

Also, since we got rid of our VHS player (in favor of DVD) I haven't seen the OT films in a while- and some of the dialogue has gotten blurry to me- but is it mentioned that the Millenium Falcon was flown in the Clone Wars? I could have sworn it was.

Anyway, sorry I'm not very knowledged... but I just wanted to know like if those battles mentioned by Lando were a part of the Clone Wars...

*confused*

Also, if anyone has any similar questions, ask.

2. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I think EU has claimed the battle, and I think that the Clone Wars are only ever mentioned by Ben in ANH.

3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    The Battle of Tanaab (spelling?) was nt a part of the Clone Wars, as far as I know. I don't know all the details, but Lando was involved, and he must have done something impressive there, which may he why he becomes a general in ROTJ, which is where the battle is mentioned. Hope that helps. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well like what about in ESB when Han and Lando are walking in the halls on Cloud City, and they are talking.. didn't I hear something about a battle or... something...

*shrugs*

I just need to find a VCR I guess...

5. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    In ROTJ Han says: "Well, look at you, a general."

And then Lando says: "Someone must have told them about my little manuever at the Battle of Tanaab."

*I just watched ROTJ last night...hehe*

6. Dampo

Dampo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    I wish we could see a small 2 minute scene with the falcon!

7. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Yeah, it was the Battle of Tanaab, but it wasn't in the Clone War, Lando was about eleven during the Clone War. It must have been something he did before ESB.

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I wish we could see a small 2 minute scene with the falcon!
    We did see about 5 seconds of it in AotC... that's good enough for me. :p

9. Jon1Jed

Jon1Jed Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2002
    obi wans appartion: where did we see the falcon in AoTC?

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    When Padmé and Anakin arrive on Naboo, they pan over a docking area of some sort, and there is at least one "Millenium Falcon" sitting there. It goes by quick though. That's enough for me. :p

11. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    It's not the Millenium Falcon, but it's another YT-1300 Corellian Light Freighter, as Obi-Wan's Apparition said.

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Yep. I originally posted because I don't want the Millenium Falcon to show up in the prequels. Sorry for any confussion.

13. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree. The Falcon should not be in the prequels. While the two trilogies do need to be connected, things like including the Falcon would be overkill. It's enough to have the two trilogies centering around the same family.

14. Tristano

Tristano Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2002
    If the MF is the "fastest ship in the galaxy" then it must be a good design. If its a good design then its probably popular. Yada yada yada its ok that YTs are in Ep II. Does that put your heart at ease? I here to help.

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I think it's cool that the there's a YT-1300 in AotC. That's fine with me, because it isn't Han's YT-1300. I wouldn't like it if the Falcon was in AotC, but having the same type of ship is a nice touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.