main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Episode III Responses

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    We can use this thread to discuss Episode III.

I liked it. Some amazing scenes. Lucas included a lot of stuff I was hoping would be in this movie.

I'm seeing it again today.

2. oysteinsevag

oysteinsevag Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    Mogook

I agree, i thought it was excellent. I enjoyed myself tremendously. I hope to be seeing it again sometime between now and monday.

~R

3. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Definately. Really excellent and well-done film. Easily the best of the prequels, may have been the best in the series.

M.M. and Son of M.M.

4. DivineJedi

DivineJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 5, 2005
    I definitely agree with that. The best of the prequels, by far. I'm glad Lucas included things that I was expecting to be included, although I was kind of disappointed only by a minor early departure of a certain character.

5. oysteinsevag

Apr 14, 2005
    DivineJedi,

I concur, that early departure broke my heart i wanted to see more of what he could do.

And I agree this could be the best in the Saga. I enjoyed the more philosphical questions posed in this one more than in any of the other Star Wars films i have seen.

~R

6. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Absolutely best movie in the saga. I'm still too moved by it to actually write much, though. Just... everything about it. That's what made it perfect.

7. DARTHIG88

DARTHIG88 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I like that the script was short, and the action told the story, for me it went a little fast, I thought some storylines should have gotten a little deeper [ the last 5min of the movie] but over all it is the best.

Now I can't wait till Starwars comes to Tv

8. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I didn't like TPM and AOTC, but ROTS was simply amazing. Amazing. I cried, I laughed. Ian McDiarmid stood out as the insane Palpatine turned Sidious.

And Anakin's death--executed magnificently.

Great job, GL. Now I'm upset it all has to end.

9. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    I loved every minute of it. I'd have to agree that it is possibly the best in the saga. Only thing that saddens me is that fact that it is all over. Where do we go from here.

And to everyone who attended the Senator 12:01 showing, everyone in that crowd was awesome. Also, if anyone acidentally grabbed an extra folding chair with a book and a flashlight in it, let me know cause mine went missing just before the line started moving.

10. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Just got back from my second viewing. Even better. Amazing.

This time I could concentrate on everything and really pay attention to all the nuances. There are some great moments. Off the top of my head is the scene at the Opera on Coruscant. Williams's score as Palpatine tells the story of Darth Plagus (spelling?) was great. That whole scene is chilling.

11. oysteinsevag

Apr 14, 2005
    I actually have a Question now that everyone has seen it.

Do you think this movie is appropriate for all kids, or that the PG-13 rating is warranted??

~R

12. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I REALLY have to agree with PaSco on this one. Sadly, I was really unable to FULLY enjoy this movie because in the forefront of my mind was the notion that all of this is coming to an end. Granted, there's going to be a TV show, but just the fact that its going to be on TV alone cheapens it, I believe. I saw it at midnight and againg at 10:20 the next morning and I still can't process it all. Storyline aside, it just makes me think of how many people there are across the nation discussing the ramifications of the movie and how it fits into the now complete saga. In retrospect, I would rather sit and enjoy the original trilogies for what they were worth when they were originally released.

13. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    To me it was breathtaking. From the very begining to the end, I loved it.

I thought Ewan McGregor played ObiWan the best in the third film though. And I also think that the third film is the best of the prequels.

14. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Simply......amazing. Easily the best of the PT, and second only behind ESB, in my opinion.

15. Harth_Cabal

Harth_Cabal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    I thoroughly enjoyed it, to be sure.

And, it is certainly the darkest, fastest-paced & more intense (a testiment to GL's directorial style). ;)

Since I allowed myself to read the book first, I was salavating for the 'showdown' scenes. They did not disappoint (although I think the chancellor's arrest scene in the book is creepier). The emotional impact of Anakin's "dark deeds" and the galaxy-wide betrayal of the Jedi wasn't... Enjoyable per se... But highly effective. The gasps I heard @ the 12:01 Senator viewing attest to that.

However, I don't see it as "The Best" of the saga.
    ANH retains that honor for me and probably always will. Hard to change the initial impact it made on me as a 10 yr old, I suppose.

IMHO, I would never recommend that anyone experience the saga for the first time, in episodic order. III in particular spoils too many of the wonderful surprises those of us in 'the old school' enjoyed as the story unfolded.

16. SKSeven

SKSeven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I've seen it twice.

I got lucky both times. The first night, I went to the AMC in Columbia and was shuffled into one of the smaller theatres, which was packed mostly with real fans. Some of the things I heard walking out of the theatre made my ears bleed. We even had a very, very nice duel with two Jedi and a Sith. Pity no one took my advice to cut the toes off.

I went again two days ago, managed to get into the same theatre, and since it was idiot-free day apparently, there were no more stupid questions.

I was blown away by the whole thing. Normally, I move around at lot in movies, but I was practically still for the entire thing. Overall, I was awed. My only complaint is that there needs to be an IQ test for midnight showings. "You must be this smart to comprehend this movie..."

17. DarthBender77

DarthBender77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    I hated phantom menace.

I liked attack of the clones simply because it was better than phantom menace.

I LOVED revenge of the sith, this was the film that the star wars fans have been waiting for. Its the best summer movie/blockbuster Ive seen in years. After the midnight showing at the Senator for EP 1 everyone was complaining about the movie. After the midnight showing for EP 2 everyone was saying oh well at least it was better than the last one. After the midnight showing for EP3 everyone I overheard was talking about how much it surpassed thier expectations, and making plans to go out and see it again.

I will be at the Senator checking it out again next Monday afternoon at the early show and I suggest you do the same.

18. dragonmaster9

dragonmaster9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    I would have to say that it did warrant a PG-13 rating not bacause of the violence (Even though that played a factor in it getting the PG-13 with Anakin being burnt and all.) but because the themes were too mature for a younger child to comprehend.

As for the film being appropriate for all children, I think it depends on the child. If you believe that they can understand the films themes and handle them then go for it. So I guess I would say ages 9 or 10 and up just to be on the safe side.

As for the film itself I thought that it was simply amazing! These following scenes stood out to me in no particular order: The execution of Order 66, the Battle of Kashyyk, General Grevious vs. Obi-Wan, any scene between Anakin and Padme, Both of the final duels and the final scene in the movie.
    What I loved most about this film was how it changed the rest of the series. All the films have a different feel to them now. I will say now that this is the best film of the entire saga because that reason.
    I would rank the films in this order:
    1. ROTS
    2. ROTJ
    3. ESB
    4. AOTC
    5. TPM
    6. ANH
    Keep in mind that #'s 3,4 and 5 are constantly being switched around.

19. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

20. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    I would say that the movie is good for kids older than 10. But then again, how is a 5 year old (or whatever age) going to know all about the meaning of these dark themes?

21. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    I think the 5 year old will figure it out as he/she watches all the Jedi get gunned down. Probably.

22. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    I guess you are right. So lets say older than 10 or so.

23. Zhan_Tyrros

Zhan_Tyrros Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2005
    ya never know... kids might get nightmares about being burned alive or being chased by Clone Troopers or Vader... kids have very active imaginations and each one is different and can handle different levels of drama(?). not sure if that's the right word for it, but hopefully you know what i'm trying to say.

24. SithMan1138

SithMan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    I liked it alot. I liked how it was duel heavy. One of the major problems was that it sparked many debates. Eg-Did Palpatine lose on purpose;Is Palpatine Anakin's father;etc..
    Another thing is that the duels are to fast. I expected the duel between Grievous and Obi-Wan to be a duel for the record books. Grievous whipped out 4 lightsabers and in under a minute he lost 2 arms. I was also disapointed with the Yoda/Sidious duel. It was fast paced and was occuring the same time as the Anakin/Kenobi duel. Yoda got his butt handed to him.
    The musical score was one of the best. I liked most how it included old familar themes into the movie to sow connectivity.
    The story was also good. I think that the transition between enemy and freind was to fast. In ANH we were told that Anakin and Kenobi were good friends. In ROTS, we only saw them be good freinds 30 minutes in. Sure, you could say the were friends in the Clone Wars, but really...NO. Many a times Anakin still disobeyed Obi-Wan.
    I think the overall thing that bugged me is that the movie had events happen quickly that were important to the story. If you went to the bathroom you would have missed a important scene. I belive it should have been extended an hour so the duels could really have potential.

~Miserabus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.