main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - The Trilogy Bridge (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SilentWindOfDoom, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentWindOfDoom

SilentWindOfDoom Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2003
    The sky burns red, even though it is night. Rivers of lava surround the rock mass that the small ship Anakin has taken to this planet rests on. He stands, looking over the lakes of molten magma, with his feet spread out and his hands locked behind his back.

Obi-wan nears, coming from the ship he just landed on Mustafar. Anakin turns. "You," he says, devoid of feeling. "Why did you come here?"

"I came here to stop you," Obi-wan responds. "Anakin, what have you become? Look at the things you hav-"

"What? The things I have done? The fact that I killed those who belong to an arrogant order, an order that was diminishing in power as well as empathy for the people." His voice becomes more emotional and angry as he continues

"Who has told you such things? Who has been filling your mind with this?"

"The only person who ever believed in me. The only person who wasn't jealous of my abilities, and never tried to hold me back like you did. I hate you and I hate the Jedi! All you ever did was try to hamper my abilities in fear that I was better than you! Well, I am! I'm more powerful than you, or Master Yoda, or anyone!"

"Anakin, you're not making any sense."

"And now you come here to try to stop me, to try to destroy me! How did you find me here?"

"That does not matter. You must listen to me. I'm not here to destroy you. I'm here to try to help you. You can still stop this course, turn away from the dark side."

"No! I am not falling to the dark side. I am rising up above the Jedi, realizing that the Force is not meant to be treated, to be used the way the Jedi do. To become a Sith is to truly serve the Force, to truly use it to better us all."

Padme, who has been watching this all comes out of hiding, seeing that Obi-wan is failing to reason with Anakin. She hopes that she has enough power over his emotions to triumph where he has failed.

"Anakin!" she shouts. "Please, come back to Coruscant!"

"Padme, what are you doing here?" Anakin asks. His eyes, which had softened for a moment, become angry again, as he looks at Obi-wan, then back to her. "You led him here, didn't you? You betrayed me!"

"No. No. Anakin!"

"I loved you..."

He jumps forward, thrusting out his hand and taking a tight hold of her neck. Padme's eyes fill with fear as she gasps for breath. Obi-wan leaps towards them, but Anakin throws out his right hand, knocking him far back as he slides down the rocky slope towards the lava.

"I loved you!" Anakin screams, obviously losing control over his emotions. "I trusted you! You were my world, but you turned against me! You're just like Obi-wan, just like Master Yoda, like all of them."

Padme tries to speak, but she has no breath to send her words out upon. She claws at him, trying to get away. Finally, he throws her to the side. She strikes a wall of rock, rolling down a jagged slope and finally stopping at the bottom. Anakin turns away from her, and jumps down the slope Obi-wan fell down.

Padme holds her pregnant stomach with one hand, reaching out with her other one as Anakin goes out of sight. Tears fill her eyes and fall to the rock, intermixing with the blood dripping from her wounds.

[]}}}}[]<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>

In the Imperial Senate, the Chancellor stands, wearing burgandy robes. Mas Amedda shouts for order, and things quiet down.

"My senators," Palpatine announces, "You have given me emergency powers, and I have served the best I can. My only hope has been to make this galaxy the best it can be, and now I realize something. As I said I love democracy. I still do, but, unfortunately, I realize now that the best thing for us as a galaxy is not this democracy.

"We have bickered, and we have not gotten much of anything done except for what we've done under my rule by emergency powers. It is because of this that I know what must be done. Using the powers that I have, the powers you have given me, I proclaim that the republic is dissolved."

Murmurs fill the crowd, and soon it gives way to shouting

2. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Pretty good!

But I don't quite like the way Vader is introduced

3. SilentWindOfDoom

Nov 18, 2003
    Yes, that is one place where I had a bit of trouble with wording and dialogue. I did finish this at about 3, so there were some corners cut, and a few things that aren't exactly... I don't know. I plan to flesh it out a bit and create a more final version of it. I may also fix flaws that may be found by you, the readers.

May I ask, though, what exactly it is you didn't like?

4. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Ya know SilentWindofDoom, i liked the whole thing, but there were certain areas in your story which you should have given great detail to.

I liked the part where Palpatine finally claimed himself Emperor, but it would have been a lot better if you'd give some more detail to that, bro. Use some analogies if you can.

5. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Great job with this. I really enjoyed it. =D=

I can see all of the ROTS stories are starting to flood in. ;)

Again, wonderful job!

6. SilentWindOfDoom

Nov 18, 2003
    I know. It was somthing I wasn't planning on putting in originally, but decided to. Unfortunately, I was in a bit of a hurry, and this part did suffer some. In the final draft, I hope to work some on it.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    A great introduction of some of the film spoilers. You paced the story a bit fast though. But I guess that's hard to avoid with a one-poster. You should consider writing a larger story. :)

8. SilentWindOfDoom

Nov 18, 2003
    I'm working on writing a better draft of this. Just a question...

You that have read this, do you think that the things that are contained in here are considered spoilers? Most of it is really theory and speculation on my part. Should I still put in the spoilers warning?

Also, how should I do this? Should I delete this and then post another topic?

And any suggestions and criticism would be appreciated as I write this.

9. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Well it is speculation but its also based on what we know will happen in Episode 3 and that can be considered spoiler-ish. So to be on the safe side, just keep the spoiler banner on there, especially if you're dealing with Episode 3 the way you are.

Hey, good luck on those improvements man! I'll check them out when you're done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.