main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Episode III Spoilers ***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by YouDontKnowMe, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    There isn't a guy here who wouldn't want to propose that way.

Cool move.

OPPM - 4th today!

2. YouDontKnowMe

YouDontKnowMe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I wonder if "Across the Stars" was playing in the background. THAT woulda been cool! :D

3. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    And then walking down the aisle to the tune of the "Imperial March". But, don't take it from me...I'm divorced ! ;) [face_laugh]

4. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, but how many of us could actually find a GIRL who would appreciate it?

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Ah, a Star Wars obsessed wife. Well, at least ONE of us around here has one of those (SS). The rest of us can keep trying the brainwashing audio tapes at night! [face_devil]

6. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Sooo, Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) is back. Though NOT as Jango.....

We know that this is for more than just his voice work of clones - so how does he fit in all of this?

The clones are getting older since their growth is accelerated as established in Attack of the Clones, possibly making them roughly the age of the original Jango Fett in Episode II. Certainly there are batches of clones already at that earlier stage of development.

So, we think he's certain to be involved in killing off a lot of Jedi as the Emperor continues his rise to power. We believe that quite possibly he'll be having a very visible part in the war against the Jedi in Episode III.

7. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    That would have to be some kinda freaky-@$$ mind screw for little Boba, seein' thousands of yer decapitated dad paradin' about all the time.

8. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Wow, never thought of it that way. Imaging your dead dad coming around every corner, on every newsflash across the galaxy. But you are an orphan.

Creepy.

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I wonder if he had the head stuffed and mounted on the ole mantle back at Taun We's place?

10. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    ...and this is my room, and this is my dad's stuffed head, and this is...

Not a kid you would want to play action figures with!

11. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    ...and this is my room, and this is my dad's stuffed head, and this is... [face_laugh]

12. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002

- Temuera Morrison is on set today - and playing an older clone as reported earlier this afternoon. Bodie Taylor is playing some at middle age in Episode III.

- Natalie Portman's Padme and Threepio were included in today's starship scenes - both of them are finished filming today.

13. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    On Fox Sports Net's "Best Damn Sports Show Period" on TV, Samuel L. Jackson was on talking about Star Wars. He said that it takes a lot of athleticism to play a Jedi Knight. He also mentioned that it took three days for him to learn a 88 move lightsaber duel.
    He also mentioned that he was the one being attacked in the duel though he didn't say by who. He also mentioned that the fight area covered about 400 yards and that he jumps off steps and various other things.

14. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    From Rick McCallum's interview on Hyperspace:

- The film ends on a sad note, though because we know the Classic films, it isn't all that bad.

- Obi-Wan is fighting droids in the underwater tank they've been filming on recently. There is just a fight, no full scale battle.

- Rick has only gained 15 pounds during production so far, but says the stress is turning him into looking like the Emperor instead of Jabba.

15. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    More:

- Jar Jar does NOT die in Episode III.

- The bad guy in Episode III will carry two lightsabers. On an unrelated note, there is a scene where we see Darth Vader getting his name and what it means.

- Palpatine is going to show us the power of the Dark Side. Look out!

- The script is 129 pages, they've shot about 80 of them up to this point.

16. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    I bet you it won't be a guy but a girl: Bai Ling as Asajj Ventress......kicka$$

17. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Stage A: one with webcam accessibility. Had the pillared set, the elevator lobby, and the Jedi Temple interior with long staircase in it. Those sets are gone. Presently there's a dark gray conference room. Also on this stage are two sets of vent shafts, a vertical and a horizontal one. Plus the pool, which will be two environments.

Stage B ? Also seen on the webcam. Greenscreen. Has been adapted five landing platforms so far and Bail Organa piloting his red speeder.

18. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Stage C ? One of the largest stages. Padmé's apartment and the TF cruiser bridge. A stretch of cruiser hallway is getting completed. Also, a new industrial locale. And the revolving set.

Stage D ? A small stage. Had a Senator's office. Will hold a Jedi Temple interior location.

Damn OPPM! :mad:

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    A few more tidbits concerning Chewbacca and his role in Ep III.

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Summary of Rick McCallum webchat from yesterday.

Sidious/Palpatine has a much more substantial role in Episode III for obvious reasons!
    It has the same emotional depth as ESB, and yet because there are so many new planets, it is visually one of the most ambitious films we've done.
    On the surface, the film ends on a sad note (and for me, a personally gloomy one, because I'll be out of a job), but of course, we know where the story goes from there. Anakin is the Chosen One, after all.

"Can you tell us if Tarkin will appear in Episode III?"

Officially, I can't answer that. Yet I can't say no either.
    Yes, we've shot three major lightsaber battles. I've just left the stage where we have an underwater tank where we're shooting Obi-Wan fighting with droids.

"hey rick! can you tell us just one word that darth vader says in episode III?"

How about three words? "I don't fear..."

"Does George explain all of Anakin's injuries in this film?"

Yes, except for one.

"Does Ep. III answer all questions, or are there any left for the books to answer?"

It answers the questions you have, but it may raise a few new ones too.
    The opening battle's in space only, not land.

"Have you filmed the Obi-wan/Anakin fight yet? I hear its really going to be something..."

Only pieces of it, not the main action yet.

"Will we see Kamino in Episode III?"

No.

"When will Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) begin filming?"

March of next year.

"Can you tell us anything about the OT being released on DVD?"

It's gonna happen.

"Will there be an underwater battle in Episode III?"

Not battle, but a fight.

"Will we ever see clip(s) of Dooku using 2 lightsabers from Episode II? What are the chances of him using 2 in episode III?"

Only one in Episode III... but there is someone out there who has two... and he's bad.

"Will we see many Jedi die in Episode III, or just a notable few?"

Yes.
    "How might this affect the rating of the movie?"

Too early to tell.
    "Will we see a scene involving the naming of Darth Vader and why he is named that?"

Yes.

"Will there be a volcanic setting in Episode III?"

They've just put a muzzle on me.

"Will we see Mace Windu in any form of space action?"

That's an interesting way of putting it. Yes.

"Can you give us any hints on to who the EU character might be?"

Can't go there yet.

We need Joel (Uncle Owen) for a day's work, which will be done next year.

"Will we see Palpatine/Darth Sidious in any sort of 'action' or at least 'awesome display of dark side power' scene in Episode III?"

Yes, most definitely
    Beru will appear.

"Will there be any dreadlocked Wookiees in Episode III?"

Only because of your screen name will I answer this. Yes.

"How do you think most fans will feel about Anakin's eventual downfall? Saddened, shocked, anrgy or betrayed? How did you feel upon reading the script?"

Yes. All of the above.

"In regards to Chewbacca's role in Episode III, will it be obvious that it's Chewie? And will his role add more depth to his character in the classic trilogy?"

Even though we haven't shot it yet, I think I can say yes

"Will David Prowse be back to play the Dark Lord?"

Absolutely not.

"The latest rumor is that the title of Episode III will be BIRTH OF AN EMPIRE. Are we close?"

Not even close.

"Does Jar Jar survive this film?"

Yes. His next job will be Bush's Foreign Minister.

"I really worded my last question badly. What I'm getting at is, ?Is Palpatine Darth Sidious??"

This movie answers that question conclusively.

"Will Kit Fisto use a double headed lightsaber in Episode III like he does in the clone wars sketches?"

No, he doesn't.

"Will there be any issues with the Sith statement, ?Only two there are, master and apprentice? in this film?"

The statement remains true.

"Is Padme a senator throughout the whole movie?"

Yes.

"Is Rose Byrne returning as Dorme in ep. 3? Thanks!"

Sadly no. She's working opposite Brad Pitt in TROY

21. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Everyone is expecting a full blown Star Wars movie - maybe even all action from the sound of it so far. Well, that's actually not the case. It follows a very close structure to Episode II, so I hope you liked that film. There's plenty of action at the beginning, kind of a slow middle then an amazing last hour and ending.
    I know this isn't exactly a revolutionary report, but I wanted fans to understand it isn't all action throughout the entire film - there's plot development in the first half of the film for a while then it really heats up. But hey, we get wookiees and Jedi fighting together, so that has to be cool, eh?

22. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Nick Gillard (Stunt Coordinator) will have a cameo in EP III.

23. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Lucas has stated publically there is a small action sequence involving the classic creatures including Chewbacca.

The original version of the scene involved them fighting alongside Yoda - fighting off stormtroopers. They're all dressed up in battle armor and everything. At one point (not sure how this will play out in the end) it was decided that everyone of them would die except Chewbacca, giving him motivation for helping the Rebellion against the Empire in the original Star Wars movies.

24. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Tarkin is definetely in. Read on:

Fans for some time have continued to speculate on whether or not Tarkin would appear in Episode III. The Grand Moff would have to be a younger version and bear a striking resemblance to the veteran actor - considering the powerful performance that Peter Cushing gave in the original Star Wars.
    Anyhow, here's what I know: he is in Episode III. I'm not sure who's playing him and how large the role is - but who cares - I can tell you he's in 100% for sure.

25. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002

Early on us members were told that we would help visualize Anakin progressing to how we know him from the Classic Trilogy. By that I understood he would be closely resemble the mechanical Darth Vader we all know and love. He'll lose more of himself and become more and more machine. It is true.

Here is what they had planned at the stage. Anakin loses his right leg after the fight - and yes, Anakin and Obi-Wan do battle it out in the lava environment we've dreamed about since the early days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.