main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Episode III Theater discussion and meeting arrangement thread....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Well with tickets on sale for S.E.C. already, we need to make a decision on which theater we are going to go to... S.E.C or Silvercity.

The votes on the poll thread pointed to S.E.C. as the more likely choice, but some people have flat refused to go there for the movie, so we need to discuss options.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Indy

2. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Hrm... just saw that Terry said that Silvercity is sold out? Is this for sure? :(

3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    O.k. keeping in mind I got this from Jason who got this from a friend at midnight after the con. (or not, I may be taking his phone away. :p ) A lot of the theaters in the States have been sold out for a while so there may be some confusion. We're all running on about 4 hours sleep. 8-}

4. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I just spoke to Silvercity Box Office and tickets are NOT on sale there yet...

5. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    It looks like the majority would like to go to South Edmonton Common, and I have no problem with that (it is closer to my place). Also, they do have tickets available so we know that the show is guaranteed (ticket in hand, etc.)
    How many people are flat out against S.E.C.?

Tickets

6. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Jason will be beat when they get home. Maybe I can get them to leave him in North Dakota. [face_devil]

Head count that again Steve. With the core group South Common is not in the majority. I'm sorry, I like the idea of new members but as far as I know, Shanna, Jason, Me, and, I believe, Berx all said Silver City. I'm not going to South Common at all but even if I were to consider it, the decision sould be made by majority vote of the ACTUAL MEMBERS of Edmontoine.
    We definately have to have a meeting about this, but I refuse to make a decision when half the group is still on the road.

7. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Naturally Terry, nothing will be decided until everybody is back in Edmonton and settled back in... :)

8. Silver_BladeX

Silver_BladeX Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Dam, i have tickets at north edmonton, no one is going there.......

9. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Don't get discouraged yet... hopefully we can all come to an agreement, but if we can't decided on a theater that we are all going to and just do a free for all, I might end up at those cinemas... I saw TPM and AOTC on opening night at that one, so I might end up there again... ;)

EDIT: You know, thinking further, maybe that is what we need to do... if we can't decide on S.E.C. or Silvercity, maybe we should just pick a neutral 3rd theater and see it there... :)

10. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I am in for silver city just because it is closer to my place. I will have to go to one after school on the 19th unless I talk my parents into letting me go to the midnight one.

11. Stench

Stench Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Just so you guys know, apparently Silver City is planning to make everyone line-up on the main indoor staircase leading into the lobby (A friend who works at the theater told me this). It's either that or the concourse where Theaters 3 and onward are, but they're not sure if they can squish everybody in without causing some kind of mass pile-up, hence the stairs. The facility really isn't that suited for supporting a large group of people lining up.

Personally, I'm starting to care less and less which venue is picked. I just want to go to where everyone else is going to. There are 3 major theaters doing a midnight screening this year, as opposed to the 1 main one in 2002, which just breaks my heart, to tell the truth. The group we had at S.E.C. was just so much fun. If this mini-stalemate continues, I'm probably going to buy a set of tickets for both theaters, and decide which one to go to closer to release, based on the weather and the turn-out, and just return the ones we don't use. It's a headache, and I'm going to be piss broke afterwards, but there's only one opportunity to get it right, really...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing which one you guys decide.

12. Darth_Beowulf

Darth_Beowulf Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    well, my mind is made up and I will be going to South Common. Not being a member of Edmontooine, I guess it doesn't matter anyways. However I would really like to see as many people I have met from edmontooine as possible as enjoying something of this magnitude is always better with company in the same mind frame. Either way, everyone will love this movie and no matter what theater we go too, individually or as a group the experience will be superlative, and if we have to meet up to alk about it after thats fine too. If there is, in fact a group of people more important than the majority(sounds like communism) then I suggest that people just go where they want, there will be a few of us at each venue, not to mention all of the other people going.....In my experience Star Wars creates bonds between strangers faster than crazy glue.

13. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    O.k. I don't appreciate being called a dictator because I put the opinions of long standing, core members of the group before 2 people who have never posted on anything but this discusion, one maybe and someone who has never attended a meeting. You're one that I concidered a valid vote.

14. MSG_is_the_Darkside

MSG_is_the_Darkside Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2004
  15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I have to agree with Terry on this one... while everybody who is a member of Edmontooine has equal say in the things we do, the reality of the situation is that for something like this, the opinions of people who have been around for years ARE going to count for more than those of people who have just joined the board in the last month and are putting in their 2 Imperial Credits.

This might sound like it is a bit elitist, and I guess in a way it is, but there is nothing personal in it and nobody should feel slighted by it. At least that is my hope... :)

John

16. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    On behlaf of all the roadtrippers (Jay, Shanna, Liann, BerX):

We say SilverCity. It's the best location, and is better suited to weather conditions.

We just spent the last 5 days in line, not counting George Lucas (yes we saw him so EAT IT!!! ) in the rain and wind and snow and while outside is great for having lots of room, but the weather is a major factor in the wait.

Having spent a buttload of time in line waiting indoors even on the stairs or concourse (whatever) at SilverCity will be a freaking pleasure.

(We're in Winnipeg, btw)

17. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Ok well again it sems I've heard ep 3 tickets are sold out so do we wanna see a lter show or south common cause we need to decide quick

18. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Who the hell keeps telling you this? I just called and she said they still have lots left.
    We need to have a meeting and decide this soon, I mean in the next couple days, becaus this shouldn't be a desision made by default as each theatre slowly sells out.

19. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    First off I just wanted to apologize for comparing this discusioion to that of a communist party (maybe I should have used the Empire instead..JUST KIDDING). I guess that I did feel slighted and the dark side got the better of me. Also I feel like a tremendous schmuck for being considered a valid vote...go ahead I deserve whatever you guys dish out but let's a put three day limit on "I told you so's" and agreements on the schmuck part, after that hopefully we can bring me back to my above schmuck level. I have already met some great people through the Edmontooine Fanforce and would hate to jeopardize that over a bad day full of bad decisions. I don't want to give you guys any sob stories but I had just taken my dad to the airport that day because my grandfather in England is ....well, very close to passing on. It is quite amazing how many irrational and thoughtless things can happen in times of distress. I do hope that my remark can be forgiven. I offer my most humblest apologies to Geekgirl and would not blame her one iota for storing this in that infinite memory bank that females seem to have for being jilted and not wanting me in any part of anything you guys do. However I do hope that is not the outcome. Also to show my effort to recocilliate I will go to Silvercity if the concensus dictates(for lack of a much better word-this is not a pun or jab, I just couldn't think of a different word)

20. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I wasn't offended Lee. I understand where you're coming from, but you've been a member of Edmontooine for awhile now since you've been to meetings and made efforts to be a part of our group. People who have posted nothing at all on our boards and suddenly say (very first post) that we should go to SEC is kinda out of left field is all.

I agree on the meeting part. We should have one ASAP. I'd suggest tonight but that's too short notice. How does tomorrow around 6-7 sound? Rides can be provided to anyone who needs them.

21. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'll be out of town for the weekend, and won't be able to make the meeting. My suggestion (if I was there) would be to try and have a joint celebration with the 501st (if they're willing) so that we have a much stronger presence.

22. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Don't sweat it Lee, I won't hold a gruge if you forgive my next wig out. :p
    Tommorow works for me. Starbucks as usual?

23. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    not sure if i can make it tomorrow cause i have guests but i'll see what i can do, i'll go with whatever you guys want.

24. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    So friday at starbucks around 6 or 7?

25. Darth_Beowulf

Feb 17, 2005
    consider yourself the holder of a free wig-out card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.