main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Episode III Theater discussion and meeting arrangement thread....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I was trying to be helpful to you guys. Just as someone was trying to help me. Someone here told me so I'm actually happy to have any news at all on the subject. If they were mistaken then it happens, better then no news at all. I'll be there tomorrow for the meeting thing. Anyopne with any issues on my info can talk to me then.

2. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm on a roll, I'm pissing everyone off this week.
    I didn't mean it as a snark, I'm just baffled as to why they're hearing one thing and the theater is telling us something else.

3. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    ok same old place what time are metting ?

banana :)

4. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, I have an issue :mad: :p

Is there anyway we can move this down to 5pm???

5. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    5 works for me

terry if you need a ride b said he can

banana :)

6. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Ok 5 pm star bucks

7. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    see you at 5 :)

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    5 o'clock

Terry, if you need a ride CALL ME BEFORE 4 at my home # 470-0993. You can try my cell but I won't guarantee I'll get it in time.

9. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I have some errands to run so I'll be out and about anyway. Thanks though. :)

10. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    See you all there.

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Wow... I don't have to pick anyone up? I might be a little late since I dont' know what time to leave now :p ;)

12. Darth_Beowulf

Darth_Beowulf Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow but please keep me posted. However the guy who was supposed to switch shifts with me so I could go to opening night doesn want to switch now so I may not even be able to go to opening night. I am still looking for someone to switch with but I don't know if I will be able to find anyone. After reading the explanation of why whose votes are valid I have to agree with that. So, out of respect for the people who are regular posters and event attendees, I have no problem going wherever the majority of those people want to go.

13. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, we have reached a concensus tonight. We're going to SilverCity. It was generally agreed upon because SC is close, it's convenient and it's indoors.

We counted 7 votes out of a possible 8 or 9 for SC. All those who attended the meeting voted unanimously for it. As such we bought our tickets while we were there (there was still 400 left). We are sorry for anyone who absolutely refuses to go to SC, but the majority has spoken and we cannot simply sit back and take our time while tickets sell out.

14. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Is there more than one 12:01 show? If I go get a ticket, I want to make sure we are all in the same show... :)

What theater # did you guys get tickets for?

15. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    She said there was just the one 12:01 show. I asked just in case.

16. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    They said they had lots left John you shouldn't have any trouble if ya go grab one

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    You can buy it from the ticket machine with your debit card. Just make sure you pick May 18th (not 19th) the midnight show.

18. Darth_Beowulf

Darth_Beowulf Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    Cool, I am going to get my ticket on Monday. Hopefully there will still be some left.

19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey Guys thought I would run an idea by you guys which I somewhat brought up at the 'dinner' we had last night.

Should we see if we can have a table like we did for the imax thing, flyers etc from the 19th till the 21st?, just doing it in shifts, don't need costumes but if ya got em that would be cool. Basically just one of us wearing a star wars shirt or something answering questions, maybe have the banner and posterboard etc. I think it coud be a good idea if we have enough interested.

If it's just a sort of day dream notion that's ok too.

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm up for it. :)

21. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I am going to try and contact SilverCity in the next few days to see what we can get arranged for the Premier now that we have decided on a theater... I will see how that goes, and maybe run that idea by them as well. :)

Indy

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm hoping to contact them about doing a duel with my sparring partner, were gonna ddo it anyway but it would be nice to do it and not have 20 guys in line to wanna fight us with sabers afterwards like last time lol

23. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'll contact the theatre for you guys, just send me a PM with things I should include in my negotiations. ;)

24. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Cool,

I'll give ya a basic idea steve but I'll have to talk to the guys myself at some point as there are certain things that I need to clear or be cleared withhem before we do any official fighting.

25. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I was talking to management this afternoon, and as long as we have a rough idea ahead of time, we can make arrangements to have an area roped off so that we can have some sparring. The main problem is facilitating large volumes of people waiting in line...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.