main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Episode III - Thoughts and Theories

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Venom, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Okay, here's the idea. We can all put our theory's about the story of Ep.III here, and when it comes out we can see who came the closest.

So, here's my theory:

JEDI - The Jedi acting on Dooku's comments in AOTC will "watch" the senate. Palpatine will use this, and the fact that the Jedi "took" the Republic's army to accuse the Jedi of being Traitors and inflame suspicions against the Jedi. Eventually they will be forced to flee and be branded as traitors to the Republic.

ANAKIN - Anakin's fall to the darkside will be a result of manipulation and betrayal. The Jedi council will expel anakin from the order because of his marriage to Padme. Anakin will then turn to Palpatine for help. Palpatine will use this opportunity to plant the seed of hatred for the jedi in anakin. Palpatine will probably take anakin on as his "personal bodyguard". This will force anakin to hunt down Dooku, the leader of the separatists, and kill him. This will allow anakin to become the next apprentice to Sidious (although he won't know it yet). This will also pit anakin against the Jedi, since they are now traitors to the republic. Thus culminating in the Anakin/Obi-wan duel we're all expecting(I can almost here the dialogue now Obi-wan "I will protect the Jed", Anakin "and I will protect Palpatine"). Afterwards, Palpatine will tell anakin that he can complete anakins force training, since he knows the "ancient arts, even more powerful than the jedi". Anakin will agree, and in a ceremony performed by Palpatine drop his old name, and take on a name in the tradition of the "old way"...Darth Vader.

BOBA FETT - Boba Fett will still be a boy. He will probably be taken in by Aurra Sing. Aurra will be hired by Palpatine to help "track down" the Jedi, since she is force-sensitive. She will probably find Obi-wan (with Padme) and attempt to Kill them. Anakin will be there helping her track the Jedi, but will turn on her probably thinking that she killed Obi-wan or Padme. Young Boba will see this and have a hatred for the Jedi for killing his dad, and for the skywalkers for killing Aurra.

MACE - Will probably be killed by Anakin. Anakin will probably confront Mace and want the know where a)the Jedi are hiding, or b) Padme and Obi-wan are. Mace will refuse and in the resulting duel, be killed by Anakin.

PADME - Padme will see a change in Anakin after he is expelled. And she will become scared once he starts working for Palpatine. She will be the leader of a group of senators (including Bail Organa) who will be trying to stop the growing hatred of the jedi. Eventually, Palpatine will try to convince Anakin that she is either a traitor or having an affair with Obi-wan. She will be force to flee and will only reveal to Obi-wan and Yoda that she is pregnant.

Republic - The republic will become more fractured after the clone wars. There will be "regional governors" put in place by Palpatine, and they will only answer to Palpatine, thereby ensuring he stays in power.

Well, those are my ideas on where Ep.III is going. What do you think? what are you guys theories?

Enjoy.

2. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I agree on most of what you have here, except the timing and some key items.

Boba Fett, although still young will be the one to Kill Mace. As revenge against the death of his father. He will also help track down Jedi.

The War will reduce the number of Jedi Drasticly. This will allow Palpatine to Plant rumors of their betrayal of the Republic.

Also, note that all the seperatists are alien species. This will allow The Crack down of the Aliens that the Empire is famous for.

I can't argue with Anaken beign thrown out of the Order, or why Obi Wan confronts him.

3. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    i agree that Anakin will be the one who kills Mace but i dont think he can do it in a duel, i think it will be more through betrayal and backstabbing.

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Good theories there, DV, especially with Anakin becoming Palpatine's personal bodyguard.

I have to disagree with you about the Jedi, I don't think that Palpatine would do that. Not only that, I don't think that would give Anakin enough incentive to go on a Jedi killing spree. It has to be more personal than that.

I had a theory last night that half of the remaining Jedi are led into a trap by Palpatine/Sidious, and are shot dead by Clonetroopers (even though they are the Jedi's allies in AOTC, they are trained to take ANY order). And to add to your theory, after Anakin is expelled, and taken under the wing of Palpatine, Anakin is given a present for his services, a lightsaber. A red lightsaber. Okay, you'll probably ask what happens to the Lightsaber that Obi Wan gives Luke in ANH - Well, I suppose Anakin gives that to Obi Wan when he gets kicked out of the Jedi Order - Kind of like a cop handing in his badge and gun. After all, aren't they supposed to be like marshalls?

What really makes Anakin flip out is where Padme gets killed (for whatever reason, I don't know), and Anakin blames the Jedi - Obi Wan in particular. He blames him for her death, and confronts him. When he asks for an explaination, and Obi Wan doesn't offer one, Anakin finally lets go, and Obi Wan has to defend himself. And I think we know where this leads to! :)

5. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Padme better be naked. That's all I have to say. :mad:

6. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Padme WILL NOT DIE IN EPISODE 3!

Luke: Do you Remember your mother? Your real mother?

Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.

Lucas is notoriously transparent in foreshadowing, so I think it's very safe to say that Padme will survive episode III.

In my view, Obiwan, Padme, and Yoda will escape to Dagobah. Padme will give birth to twins (reason why Luke says "There's something familiar about this place" in ESB), then they leave behind Yoda. Padme and Leia go to Alderaan, where Bail Organa takes care of them, possibly marries Padme, but not out of romantic feelings.

Finally, in a very sad scene, Obiwan Kenobi takes public transport to Tatooine with baby Luke. He leaves Luke with the young Lars couple, and finds himself a shack in the Jutland wastes. Hopefully, his property taxes will be lower than any given place on Long Island. :D

7. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    ED- I agree, I think Palpatine will use that as an excuse to build the "anti-alien" sentiment the Empire has in the Original Trilogy.

CieSharpe - I agree that Padme will most likely not die, and for the exact same resons you give.

Happy Ninja - I think that taking into account various little tidbits of info from Ep.II I think it is likely Palpatine will set the Jedi up like that. Why would Dooku tell the Jedi of Sidious's control of the Senate? Also, when Dooku tells the other separatists in the war room "my master will never allow the republic to get away with this treachery" Clearly Dooku and his master knew about the clone army, so obviously he's setting the stage to start making accusations. Also, given the Jedi's implied weakened state in Ep.II having Palpatine set them up for a fall seems the most likely scenario, plus it's the only one that tends to fit with the amount of Depth GL tends to try to squeeze into his plot lines. Then again, I could be totally off the mark here....

Xie - Yes, Naked Padme (although not likely) would Rule!!

8. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    One thing I have concidered, but am not completely sure of myself, is that Dooku might be playing both sides of the table.

Remember, he's not a pure Sith in the way That Maul was or the other EU sith. He became one at a very old age. His loyalties might not be completely with Sidious.

Even Vader offers to over throw the Emporer with Luke In ESB. There might be something to that. But then again, I could be thinking way too much about it.

9. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    i dont think Dooku was serious when he was talking to Obi Wan. there was no real motivation in what he said to make Obi join him.

10. Darth Venom

Jun 6, 1999
    Again, I think this is a ploy to set the Jedi up. Give them something to be concerned about, then when they start "watching" the senate accuse them of trying to take power...oldest trick in the book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.