San Diego, CA *** EPISODE III TICKETS ON SALE NOW ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ManaByte, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

Tickets for Episode III are NOW ON SALE at AMC Mission Valley and ALL OTHER AMC theaters. Checking their website confirmed this.

This post on TFN claims that Edwards will not sell until Wednesday but AMC may force thier hand.

JR EDIT - LOCKED PER REQUEST. See new thread.
  2. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    I hate the AMC Mission Valley 20. :mad:
  3. JediNyt Jedi Master

star 3
    Edwards, Edwards, Edwards! :D Your buying enough tickets for all of us aren't you Brian ol pal? You will receive compensation. :)
  4. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    I need a list. I'm not buying a hundred tickets for phantom people. :p

So far I've collected money from two of my friends.
  5. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    would an angry brian coming after us for having him buy up tickets for phantom people be a Phantom Menace? *evil pinky smirk*
  6. jacen66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    message deleted by me
  7. JediNyt Jedi Master

star 3
    I probably won't be able to see you before C3, I need 4 tickets, I'll pay you back.
  8. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    So 4 tickets for Matt.

Anybody else?

Also, I heard there might be a 10-ticket limit. So we might want to coordinate this a little better.

So far I'm up to 8 tickets. 4 for me and 4 for Matt. That least possibly only 2 more tickets.

Unless they let me buy more or we can get a bulk pass or something like that.
  9. JediNyt Jedi Master

star 3
    I remember reading a post somewhere that stated that the manager of Edwards might reserve tickets in bulk for our club. Is this true?
  10. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    If for some reason I have to start work on Monday and can't get to the theater can you get me a ticket?
  11. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Jeremy and all.... the theatre is going to call me when they find out what day they will begin selling tickets. So we will get advance warning, it may very well be Wednesday or it could be sooner. I need to give someone (Brian?) the money to buy the 100 tickets for the midnight showing in theatre 8 before I leave for INDY. I can bring it to the meeting if you come on Sunday. Those tickets will be reserved for club members and family/friends only. If you have 10 people coming from work etc. those 10 tickets can not come out of the club tickets. If we are close to May 19th, and there are tickets leftover, we can release those to friends or sell them back to the theatre.
  12. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    i would like to snag 10 tickets for the midnight show (2 club member, 8 friends)

note: The AMC site and phone service seem to only list 12:01 shows and no other shows on May 19th so far.
  13. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Brian will probably be closer to the theater, as far as going to buy those 100 reserved tickets for us, but if he can't do it then I'll be happy to. Wednesday is a slow day at work anyway, I can take the morning off.
  14. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The problem is that whomever buys the tickets has to be at the Mira Mesa theatre at 10am Wednesday to buy them... and IF they go on sale earlier, I'll recieve a call, and that person has to be available to leave work/wherever, and get the tickets on short notice.

Brian or Brendan? I know Brian lives closer, but can he leave work on a Wednesday to buy the tickets?
  15. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    He can fake food poisoning :)
  16. JediNyt Jedi Master

star 3
  17. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    I should be able to take the morning off or something.
  18. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Read em' and weap:

[image=http://images9.fotki.com/v173/photos/4/42811/150029/MidnightMadness293-vi.jpg]

Those are tickets to the THIRD time I will be seeing ROTS at the theatre by my house.
  19. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    So far it's one for me... I need to do a headcount to see who really wants to go.
  20. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    Well, I just need one ticket for myself :)
  21. boricuatrooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm, a disturbance in the force...decisions, decisions. Ill let you know how many tixs on Sunday.
  22. lostzephyrs Jedi Padawan

Hey, browsed in...new sn for me. I go to school in the SD area. I was deciding between the Edwards theatre and the AMC La Jolla by my school. I know Edwards goes on sales on Wed and AMC already went on sale...I guess my question is how bad is the line going to be at Edwards because I rather see it on digital, but I don't want horrible seats. I'm willing to wait a few hours in line, did it back home in San Francisco. And maybe I can meet up with some of you guys...thanks. Can't wait to watch this film!!
  23. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    hi lostzephyr... the edwards mira mesa is way better than AMC La Jolla. which line are you talking about? -- the line to get tickets on wednesday or the line for the movie on may 18th?
  24. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I boycott AMC because of the way they screwed the LotR fans. I have vowed never to set foot in one of their theaters.

Besides, they didn't treat our costumed members too well for AotC as I remember. The Edwards has been very welcoming and friendly to us, so I'm going to that theater.

Brian, I'll give you money for 2 tickets at the meeting on Sunday.
  25. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I boycott AMC Mission Valley, but not the one 3 minutes from my house (AMC Palm Promenade 24). I LOVE that theatre and go there all the time and will be trooping it sometime the first week with Johntrooper. It is one of the nicest in the city I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.