main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA *** EPISODE III TICKETS ON SALE NOW ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ManaByte, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, okay. Thanks.

2. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    WE HAVE THEATRE 8 AND OUR OWN PRIVATE DIGITAL SHOWING AT MIDNIGHT OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED!!!!!

(does the happy dance!!!!!)

I received final confirmation today from both the corporate office and the theatre manager that we are good to go. :) I have the contract in my hot little hands, and will be faxing it back to the corporate office this afternoon.

We are committed to paying for 150 tickets at $10.75 a ticket. There are 299 seats in our theatre (I love being able to say *our* theatre) and so far I believe Linda has received money for 90 tickets. We can have up to 299 people attend and fill the theatre, but 150 is the minimum we are committed to.

So... all you who bought "backup" tickets, go on over to the theatre and get your refunds. You will all need to get money to Linda for our screening, either via Paypal or cash, asap!!! If you do not have her Paypal info, you can PM me for it (she is out of town at C3 right now and can't respond quickly).

OR... if you have enough money to buy some extra tickets, how about this? SAVE the extra tickets you already bought, and we will give them away as part of the Line event. We could even give them to Children's Starlight Foundation directly and let them have some of their kids go see the midnight premiere. That would be very cool. PM me if you are willing to do that. I'll be the first to donate my "extra" two tickets to this cause.

Now back to our digital showing...
    299 tickets will go fast, especially once some of the other local groups find out about our private digital screening and want to get in on it. I want to make sure that every member of the SDSWS who wants a ticket gets one as a priority. So GET YOUR MONEY IN FAST!!! :)

3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I gave Linda $10 for my ticket at the meeting. I'll give her another $1 next time I see her (probably at Legoland).

As for my back up tickets, I'll hold on to them until the line event.

4. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Well.. I can't afford the $80 sitting on my card for those backups I bought yesterday morning. Heh. If anyone would like to buy them for the aforementioned donation purposes, PM and I will sell them to you. If not, I will return them to Edward's next week. I am very broke college student. :)

That said. I have two confirmations of people who want to tag along with me for midnight showing.. They confirmed with me yesterday.. When they saw proof that I actually had 12:01 tickets, digital or not. Hehe. So, I will get money from them and get three ticket's worth (this is including myself now) of money Paypaled to Linda.

5. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    It ain't killin' me holding on to the 8 I have.

6. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I paid Linda for two tickets at the old price so i'll give her a couple more bucks to cover the new price.

7. boricuatrooper

boricuatrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    THE FORCE IS WITH US! Yes, I would like to buy 10 tickets (maybe more)! I'll PM you! -Diego

8. Emerald_Beacon

Emerald_Beacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    If anyone is willing to sell me a couple of their extras, I'd like to get... oh, three (and if I can't use the others, I'll just donate them to your charity giveaway).

Otherwise, if possible, I'd like to purchase some from your lot of 150... just let me know how to get money to you, and it shall be done!

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm being blonde and not figuring how to work Pay Pal... will get the money to Linda somehow! :D

10. lostzephyrs

lostzephyrs Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    Nice...if you guys have some tickets left over, I can definitely for a few...I've talked briefly to a few SD SWS people about it. I have 5 tickets to another Miramesa theatre, but would really prefer the digital one. Hopefully, an arrangement can be worked out.

11. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Ok, Linda...

Sent my ticket money to you via Paypal. Now, I just have to get that refund from the theater.

Vol

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Just sent Linda money for 8 tickets. :)

13. EatingPie

EatingPie Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Since I'm not a member of the SDSWS (I JUST registered on the site), I am curious about the line/seating situation.

First, I would like to purchase 20 tix -- if they're available. How will I know if I got 'em, since I'm low on the totem pole?

Second, are we just gonna form a line at the theater on Wednesday, like usual? I know it sounds dumb, but I have never been with a group that has their own theater!!

-Pie

14. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Mark?

Just checking... if it's you, no problem getting 20 tickets at this point.

As for the Line event, I'll let Linda post details on that when she recovers from C3, but the Line will have been going for at least a few days before the day of the premiere, as part of a fundraiser to benefit the Starlight Childrens' Foundation, a charity for terminally ill kids.

We will of course still be having a Line party the day of the premiere, with all sorts of fun going on! The theatre manager has told us that he will probably be able to let us into the theater at about 10:30pm, so that should give you a good timeframe. I think most people will show up between 8 - 9pm, although for Ep2 we had over 100 people in line by 3pm. But that was a different scenario, we didn't have our own theatre to play with. So exactly how it's going to play out, is Linda's job as Line Coordinator to detail for us. :) And since she's at C3, we've got a small wait before we hear anything from her.

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    My computer committed suicide last night (really glad that I paypaled the money before it broke last night.) I wanna make sure that the money got through okay, however. So Linda, when you get back, can you give me a call to let me know that you got it? (depending on how fast I can get this damn thing fixed.)

Thanks guys! I'll try to keep stealing my roommate's computer to check up on info. :p

16. AugieBenDoggie

AugieBenDoggie Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2003
    I gave Linda $10 at the meeting and will get her another $1 by 5/19.

17. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Haha, gotta love the "I need a confirmation from you otherwise you won't get to see Ep III at midnight" type of conversation. :)

My couple of tickets turned to about 8.. So the paypal is going out now. Whee. :)

Very exciting.. Looking way forward not just to this movie... But being all Star Wars geeked out with a group of people. Far more fun. :)

18. General_Steveous

General_Steveous Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    heh... "Seeing Episode III, $10.75. Releasing your inner Jedi Knight... priceless".

19. EmperorArtimus

EmperorArtimus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Or better yet.. Releasing your inner sith and taking out the Jedi order.. Priceless. hehe

20. lostzephyrs

lostzephyrs Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    I still have my five tickets, but I really want digital ticks...unfortunately I don't have Paypal, is there anyone I can IM or something to talk about getting some seats for the digital theatre.

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Hello all... thanks to Brendan for taking over dealing with the theatre for me in my absence. Those who still need tickets, please paypal me $11.40 (the price per ticket is more since I reserved the entire theatre, and we have the use of the theatre for before and after the movie as well, thus the extra charge.) Paypal fees have been added as well. If you pay me in person, the cost is $10.75 per ticket. I must have the tickets paid for 7 days in advance, so May 12th.

I got pneumonia while working at C3 in stormtrooper armor in the rain with a windchill of 26 degrees... so, I'll post more later in the week when I feel better.

22. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Those of us who gave you $10 in person would you rather us PayPal you a $1 or just wait until we see you in person?

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I prefer paypal as that way I have a permanent record of who paid. The hand-written slip of paper I have with names could get lost. I will try and transfer that info into a file this week.

24. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Ok, I'll PayPal over $1 to you right now.

Edit: PayPal sent.

25. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Thank you to Mara Jade Fan, JediG60racer, and anyone else who helped to organize the digital showing. I am in awe of your negotiating skills. Any chance you could arrange a Star Wars saga marathon, like the one being held in London? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.