main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA *** EPISODE III TICKETS ON SALE NOW ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ManaByte, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ Dune Sea Hermit,

Send me the info you have on the event in London and I'll look into it. Hmmm... I have a friend in London... hehe

2. EatingPie

EatingPie Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your illness mara_jade.

JediG60racer mentioned a line priority, and before I buy tickets (want 20!), I wanted a clearer picture of how the line is going to be handled.

Technically, I'm concerned about seating priority... :)

I won't be part of the fundraiser. But I do plan to get in line super early on Wednesday. Will the priority be based simply on who gets in line first? Or is there a sign up that determines priority? And how many people will be "reserved" -- ie those people who are in the fundraiser?

Thanks... and hope you feel better.

-Pie

3. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Brian, do the 8 tickets you have include the 4 I asked for? I'm not sure what I should do now that we got the digital reserved, which is AWESOME!!!! :D Should I paypal Linda for the tickets I need and let you sell back the ones you bought or what?

4. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I will PayPal more $$ this weekend for tickets. I'll see how many I can afford.

Sue is not sure if she's going to be in San Diego or LA for the opening so I may buy one for her as a backup. If she can't go I'll take Sean with me.

I talked with Code 3 at C3 and I'll see if we can get a piece to raffle off during the line with the proceeds going to Starlight. I have an interview on Friday so if I get the job I can actually afford to get those new banners.

This is gonna ROCK!!!!! :D

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Tony (swguru2004) is having computer issues... he wants to know if he can still purchase about 10 tickets and get the money paid as soon as he can. :)

6. Mystical

Mystical Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    I'm gonna need one more ticket in addition to the one I've already put myself down for the way things are looking now. I still hope that's possible and, if so, I'll pay for them before the end of this weekend.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Pie,

I'm not sure I can sell you 20 tickets at this point. I want to hold back and make sure every member of the SDSWS has tickets available to them first. After May 12th, I will gladly sell you that many if that amount has not been bought out by members first.

Re a line priority:

On May 18th, prior to 6pm I will begin lining up people in order of the amount of hours they have waited in line. You will be given a number, numbered #1 - #299. The people who waited the longest in line, and who raised the most money for the children's charity will have a lower number than people who only showed up on the last day, or who didn't raise any money for the charity. In the event that numerous people waited the same amount in line, names will be drawn ramdomly to determine their order in the line.

That being said, 1 person can only hold seats for a maximum of 2 people, one on each side of themselves. For example, if you are #20, and your wife is #245, you can hold a seat for her so she can sit next to you. If someone (like myself) is bringing their children, and they have more than two children, an exception to the 2 seat rule will be made for children and spouses only. No one will be allowed to hold seats for more than 2 friends.

There will be one small exception to the above rule. Some seats will be roped off for COSTUMED MEMBERS WORKING THE EVENT. Obviously if people are working the event, they cannot be expected to stand in line, and they will have seats reserved for them, and they will be given enough time to change out of their costumes/armor prior to the movie starting. Members who will be reserved seats are members of the SDSWS who also are members of the 501st and Rebel Legion and who own screen accurate, professional looking costumes.

Also, we may have some families from the children's charity joining us at midnight, they would also be given priority seating.

8. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Do we have a line start date yet? :)

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Working on it.. I am shooting for 10 days, then 7 days if that isn't approved. Trying to get it to be as LONG as possible so we can raise more money for the charity. Orange County is doing 10 days so I am hoping we will get approved for that as well.

10. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    I'll be there 8-12 hours each day as soon as we get a start date!

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't care if I have to sit on the floor, I'll just be glad to see the movie! (And sad to say, I've actually done that before). :D

12. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    I'm hoping to do line duty during the day while the kids are at school (if I'm not working; I have an interview on Friday). I will definitely work the line that night in costume - Jedi of course.

For those who want collect online donations:
    PayPal doesn't charge fees on personal accounts. Use a non-PayPal linked e-mail address to set up a personal account and use that for online donations. The donars just can't use their credit cards, only PayPal instant transfers or linked checking account transfers.

13. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Hmm... I propose a roped off area of the line, then, specifically for those of us who have *finals* that week.. Who are stuck with insane amounts of studying to do, but who would get far, far too distracted in the "main" part of the line.. :p Otherwise, I'm gonna have to be a show up on the 18th person.. Since I've got finals until 9 pm on the 17th.. And since this is my last semester, there are no "take it next semesters" left anymore.. It's do or die.. :)

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks to school, I won't be there except on opening night. I'll be in costume, though, and help out where ever you guys need me. :)

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Donna, Can you set up a specific personal paypal account for donations for the charity?

16. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    I really need to get a quick Jedi costume. [face_thinking]

17. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    ManaByte: Let me check to see if I have enough to put a loaner costume together for you; I have all the pieces I think (except outer robe).

Linda: I can set up an account for all online donations but we won't be able to track which person collected the money (unless it's in the comments section and then I can track it on paper). PayPal does not have specific accounts for charity at this time - or at least it didn't when I checked a couple of months ago. Kintera does do specific accounts but it would take too long at this point in time.

I have a business account on PayPal which does take credit cards, but they also take a fee per transaction.

18. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    I may actually be able to get farmboy luke put together in time actually.

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ I liked the DarthBrian costume, of course I don't think you could get in the 501st or Rebel Legion with that one. ;)

20. EatingPie

EatingPie Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    Mara -

Thanks for the explanation of line rules. Given the setup, I'll probably stick with my MV20 tix. (Hoping they get digital print...)

Since we have 2 people holding places for 20 during most of the day, that obviously won't work on your end. (We promise not to form a competing Star Wars society -- we're clueless anyway.) :)

Sorry we won't be joining you guys, but we're still looking forward to a fun movie!

God bless you.

-Pie

21. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    so when will tickets be distributed?

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Most likely not till 3 days prior as that is when half the money for the theatre is due. The remainder gets charged to my credit card after the event, after we have an accurate head count. I may have to make some special passes up for our group, that are different than a regular ticket, to make sure no one gets in, who shouldn't be in. It would be too easy to flash a regular ticket for another screen and have it be mistaken for the digital showing. I know for the charity screenings LFL does, they have a nice large laminated pass that people wear around their necks. "Someone" artistic could design one with the club logo, the date of the event, a picture from ROTS on it etc, and that would be a really nice souvenir for people to have as well.

23. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Ok, here are two ideas. Sorry they are too small, but I didn't have a high-res version of the club logo to work with. The second one is better IMO because the text is easier to read:
    [image=http://members.cox.net/manabyte/sdswbadge_01.jpg]
    [image=http://members.cox.net/manabyte/sdswbadge_02.jpg]

24. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I actually don't see much, if any, difference between the two of them on my laptop screen..

I like the picture you chose, but they're very dark. I'm thinking in terms of printing.. Things are often even darker coming off a printer than they show up on screen. Which is a constant hassle when I try and print photos for scrapbooking. :)

I do like them, though. Is there any way you can lighten them a bit? I'm just not convinced that blue will stand out enough against black on paper.

25. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Linda has asked me to make the badge, and this is what I have come up with so far. I really like it and so does Linda, so only a bit more tweaking and it should be done.

[image=http://img228.echo.cx/img228/7824/rotsbadgepreview6hq.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.