main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA *** EPISODE III TICKETS ON SALE NOW ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ManaByte, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I love the badge idea. Great thinking, Linda. And great design, Donny. :)

I've updated the line site FAQs and posted about the digital theater and private screening.

Keep me updated as things get finalized and I'll post it on the site.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I will post the line start date on Wednesday May 4th Donna, and post detailed line rules etc at that time.

Basically, there will be TWO lines: Line A is the priority line comprised of those who raised the most for charity, costumed volunteers, line staff, and anyone from the charity itself. The MINIMUM charity donation to get into line A is $50. The charity donations must be turned in to me no later than the 17th, so I have time to add up everyone's donations and get the money to the charity. Donations can come in the form of cash, or a check made out to the charity. Detailed instructions will be posted on Wednesday, May 4th. The $50 donation can come out of pocket, or be raised by collecting donations from friends, family, co-workers. Each person in Line A has a number #1 - whatever. That group enters the theatre first. Line B forms behind the A line, and no one from Line B can enter until Line A is in the theatre. Line B is comprised of those people who merely bought tickets, and who did not raise the minimum required for the charity. Line B will be given their line positions based on the number of hours in line only.

The whole purpose of the line is to raise money for the charity so keep that in mind when you are being interviewed by TV and press.

Starting at 6pm, I will be putting people in line according to their numbers. I need everyone to be there by 6pm so I can do that. I don't think that is too much to ask, this is Episode III, and you've had three years to arrange time off from work etc. :p If you have a problem with that, PM me. I am hoping to start letting Line A into the theatre no later than 10:30pm. There will only be one entrance into the theatre, and you will enter single file according to your number. Myself along with other line staff will be standing at the door and personally checking the badge numbers. Costumed members and Line Staff will be assigned either line A or Line B duty and will stay with their lines. Seats will be roped off in the priority area for costumed members and sufficient time for changing out of costumes will be given to them as well as a changing area. After Line A has found their seats, I will let line B in according to their numbers... same deal, one at a time. You will not be allowed to leave your seats for refreshments or use the restroom until everyone from both lines is seated. Everyone will be told to look around and see who their neighbors are, and that no switching of seats will be allowed. You will then all be excused to go to the snack bar for resfreshments or use the restroom etc. You will be wearing your badges around your neck on a lanyard similar to comic con. You badges will be checked each time you enter the theatre. The badges are really nice, and will make a great souvenir for the evening, so I don't think you'd want to lose them.

About 15 minutes after people have been excused for refreshments, we will start awarding the prizes to the people who raised the most money for charity, and the person who stood in line the longest. We will then begin a trivia game for more prizes.

If you have prizes to donate, or your workplace can donate prizes, that would be awesome. The more prizes the better, we want to make this an enjoyable and memorable evening for all.

IMPORTANT: I need all those planning to participate in the charity aspect of the line to PM me or email me at MaraJade@cox.net. For those of you who bought tickets for others, especially those of you who bought tickets for 10 or more people, I need you to find out if they are participating in the charity, and gather up the emails of those people who plan to participate in the charity and get me their emails ASAP. I will be out of town from the 5th - 8th.

3. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Awesome! I can't wait.

I'm going to try and contact the Code 3 folks and see if we can get something to raffle off for the charity. :D

4. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    I want to costume volunteer and donate to the charity. I just sent you an email Linda.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll costume volunteer and I sent you a PM at the other board, Linda. :)

6. Svoor

Svoor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    I know they're not in the movies, (Too sexy or something. ;x), but if you need two extra Mandalorians, Michelle and I would be happy to oblige. I think we might skip out on E3 that day, since it'll just be thursday.. unless I have my dates off, (Gck! Hope not.), and could come earlier then six.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ You girls are welcome to work as costumed volunteers, but the night we would need you is Wednesday May 18th.

8. Svoor

Svoor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Oops, right! xD Sorry, been up way too long, so my brain is really not functioning well enough to think. We'll be there wednesday, probably earlier then six.

9. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    I spoke to Code 3 and they are going to donate a Republic Gunship to raffle off. I'm pricing tickets at $10 each since this is a high-priced collectible. All the money goes to Starlight.

I'm certainly going to buy a couple of raffle tickets. ;)

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks Donna! That is awesome!

11. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    How are the Line A numbers determined?

I mean, splitting the lines can come off as unfair. You can have someone stay in line every minute from the beginning to end, and then have someone just show up that night with a fat check and go in first. Even if it is for charity people will see it as buying their way into line and ahead of those who put a ton of time in the line.

Ok final edit.

That said, I will probably be able to scrounge up $50 cash in addition to donating 2 or 3 tickets for Theater 10 as well as standing in line 12-16 hours a day from the day it starts.

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    If people want first come, first serve, they can buy tickets into any other screening in the city and stand in line for that. However, I don't think it is fair that one person is at the front of the line, then 20 people come 1 1/2 hours before the show, and cut in front of those waiting in line either. Our line is as fair as it can be, keeping in mind that its purpose is for charity. This line has always been about raising money for a children's charity, and nothing more. And no one can show up at the last minute with a fat check and get in, the money is due BEFORE the 17th, so I need it in hand on the 16th (two weeks from today). The fact that we get our own private screening for the club and our friends/family, that is an added benefit for us. I think most people can scrounge up $50 in a couple of weeks time if they want to from friends/family members, co-workers for a good cause. If people don't like the rules, they can always ask for their money back. Keep in mind also that the theatre holds only 299 seats, and every seat in the theatre is a good seat. Also keep in mind that we are not selling out the entire theatre. In fact, we have only sold 194 of those seats so far, and the line is temporarily capped.

13. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    You know.. It is really, really hard to think about studying for finals, writing senior project thesis papers, etc in the midst of Ep III hype. :)

That said, I am going to have to figure out a way to study effectively while in line, because there is no concievable way I'm going to be able to stay away until the 18th when my finals are over. :)

14. boricuatrooper

boricuatrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    I agree...but it?s exciting!

The line set up sounds fair. I'll be in Armour helping with crowd control on Wednesday (Mon/Tues if possible). I also have a few donations for the line give-aways.

I have a few questions re: both Lines- I'll PM you Linda. Thanks and great job -D

15. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Okay, I won't be doing the raffle for the Republic Gunship because Linda informed me that the theater won't allow it.

I'll see if maybe they will let us raffle it off at Comic-Con.

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    We would probably get more people participating in the raffle at Comic Con, so that would be good.

17. JediNyt

Jul 27, 2003
    Why won't the theater allow it?

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    It isn't the theatres rules, it is LFLs rules. They have specific charities that they are working with, twelve of them all over the US. The charity screenings are all on May 12th. The theatre has to abide by LFLs rules. When I rented the theatre out the woman informed me that we would not be allowed to do any fundraising for our charity on the premises, and I promised her we would only do it off-site. It was a condition in order to get the theatre.

19. JediNyt

Jul 27, 2003
    Good ol LFL corporate clowns and they're pointless rules.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Weeee... I just got yelled at by a pissed off guy who found out that we're getting the digital screen and that it's not open to people who "don't want to be in the club." :rolleyes: (Rephrased since it was a lot ruder)

I should ask Hans to go smother him in PLASSTIK. ;)

21. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I knew that sort of thing would happen.

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Annoyed sigh*

I explained how the line is going to work to some of the guys downstairs who are coming with me. They said they honestly don't care where they sit, as long as they get to see it. :p

Why can't EVERYONE be like that? :p

23. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Don't fret about it, Rachel. I have a grown man acting like a child on another board I moderate.

The thread he was posting in was becoming adult-oriented in nature and the moderator and starter of the thread decided to post an 18 or over warning in the sub-title. He started whining about everyone being so PC and threatened to take his ball and go home. And he's older than I am! Sheesh. :rolleyes:

24. JediNyt

Jul 27, 2003
    So how long are we gonna be in line? 10 days? I hope.

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    They don't have to join the club, they can make a $50 donation and get in. But, do we really want someone that rude or unsupportive of the charity in the theatre with us? Nah Thats why this is for club members, family, and friends only.

Edit: Matt, I'll be posting more about the line late tonight, early tomorrow.. before I leave for the Ranch. Most likely I will start a new thread with all the line info as this one is getting too long and hard to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.