main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA *** EPISODE III TICKETS ON SALE NOW ***

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ManaByte, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    WOW I wish we lived closer out that way. We are in Hemet.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I guess this guy can be considered a grown man... later 20s, at least. *shrugs*

He'll be at the Mira Mesa Edwards, but be in the "other" line. ;)

3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Hopefully he'll throw a big fit about our line and get kicked out like the guy at ROTK who got tossed out for trying to barge his way into the reserved seats.

4. Mystical

Mystical Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    So just to set things in order, if I were to have already bought a ticket for a friend, what would I have to do to ensure that that friend would be able to sit next to me while we watched the movie?

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Brandon,

There are two sections to the theatre. The first 4-5 rows or more (after the railing, not those down on the floor), will be reserved for line staff, 501st/Rebel Legion costumed workers, and people who have donated at least a minimum of $50 to the charity. Each row consists of 20 seats (except the top row which has 26 seats). I was in the digital theatre today, and I can tell you that every seat in that theatre is a good seat. So, the number of rows I rope off for priority seating is determined by the number of line staffers, costumed people, and family members that they have, plus the number of people who met the $50 minimum donation by May 16th. After those individuals have found seats, line B can enter into the theatre. Each person can save a maximum of 2 seats, one on each side of themselves. So, whoever gets into the theatre first, can save a seat for the other.

6. Mystical

Mystical Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    Wow. Ok cool, that makes me feel better =D. Thanks for the swift response Linda. Appreciate it. And have fun at the Ranch =D. Just hope I can get the final kinks out of Vader before the line starts >_<

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I have done it!!! I convinced my suitemate to embrace her geek side.

She will now be coming to the movie IN COSTUME. :D

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Figures. Really, it figures.

I got my appointment time for Fall registration. May 18, 7:20 pm.

FIGURES.

So, out of curiosity, is anyone taking their computer to the line, and would it have some kind of internet access? :(

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    hahhaha...
    or can you get one of your trusted friends to do it for you?

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thought about it. I'll see if I can sweet talk Lisa into doing it.

11. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    As per the PM I sent you, we'll give my laptop and it's trusty wireless card a shot. :)

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Update on donations for the line. (I may be in San Francisco, but I am still working on OUR line. :p )

I picked up some nice items at Skywalker Ranch's gift shop which will be used as prizes for those raising the most money for charity. Also, I spoke to Master Replicas today, and they will be sending us some donations for the charity event as well. And hopefully I will have more good news later this week in that respect.

13. boricuatrooper

boricuatrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    U rock Linda! I'm glad you had a GREAT time-U deserve it!

14. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I've already got my initial $50 for the charity. I had a question to the Starlight folks and sent an e-mail. A rep wants me to contact him; is that okay if I go ahead and do that, Linda? I was going to call on Monday.

15. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Hey, um, tomorrow is the 9th which means that's 10 days to the movie, are we lining up tomorrow as our plan was to have a 10 day long line party?

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    From my knowledge, we only got approval to do a 3 day line. :(

Oh, and my dad might be going!! :D I still have an extra ticket in my lot, and he's off work next week. (It all depends on how his knee and back are doing, though...)

But still... Trust me, if you guys meet my dad, I make a LOT more sense. ;) :p

17. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    A 3 day line?

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yep. More info's on the front page of the other site.

19. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Actually since we have to turn in our donations to Linda on the 16th/17th, the line is really just for us.

Linda said in an earlier post in this thread that the line is 3 days long. Since the mall management wouldn't let us do the longer line, this is what was arranged. I have no idea where the 10-day line rumor came from; this is the first I've heard of it.

Details are located on the line site. There is a link to it from our main sandiegostarwars.com page.

20. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    So Monday the 16th is the start of the line or Sunday the 15th?

21. JediNyt

Jul 27, 2003
    That's discouraging. Lots of people are spending over a month in line and we only spend 3 days, that's not very impressive. Now I'll never know what it's like to be in a long line party. Oh well, it's not the clubs fault. Then again, maybe being in a long line party's not all it's cracked up to be, it might be frightfully uncomfortable and dull most of the time.

22. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    You've been free to join the LiningUp.Net folks at any time, Matt. No one is forcing you to do our charity line. Circumstances beyond our control changed the format of the line. And I'm sorry if this sounds snippy, but you could have volunteered to be on the organizing committee when Linda first announced this last year.

And to continue on my "snippy" tanget....
    When there are only a handful of people who organize events for the club then the members have two choices: they can either complain about it or they can volunteer to help out. A lot of potential events are going to fall by the wayside because we only have 3 or 4 people who actually take the lead on things.

Any member is welcome to organize an event; it is not solely the responsibility of the club officers. If there is something you (the generic "you") want to do, then by all means become the driving Force behind it. You might find that you like it. ;)

23. JediNyt

Jul 27, 2003
    I did express interest in volunteering last year and talked to Linda and Brendan Ewers actually. And on several occasions (When I remembered to come to meetings [face_blush] ) I asked what was going on with the line and said I wanted to be part of the line staff when the line was happening. I didn't volunteer to be a planner because I was under the impression that it was being taken care of and because I didn't feel competent enough to be reliable as a planner. But all that aside, if you read my whole last post you'll see that I don't blame the club for anything. It's the blasted mall management that won't let us have a 10 day line. I do know that people like Linda and Brendan have done alot to try to get permission from the managers to let us have a line. It would seem that that's all that can be done. So what's there to argue about?

Lingingup.net? They aren't lining up at Mira Mesa, we are. I want to line up with my club at Mira Mesa, not LA or whereever. It's gonna be great anyway, ROTS, our own digital theater, midnight, it's all that matters. [face_peace]

24. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Sorry Matt, I didn't know you were part of the organizing committee. I only remember a couple of people who bought the LINE STAFF shirts.

But yes, the positives are that we get our own theater and we get to see the movie together. I'm sorry if I sounded negative, it's just there are a ton of events for the 501st but I can't attend because I don't have Stormtrooper armour. That's all anyone wants these days. :(

25. Emerald_Beacon

Emerald_Beacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I don't know if it's too early to be paranoid yet... but if I've sent money in for tickets, and haven't recieved any confirmation yet, am I in trouble? Or was my timing simply poor, and my 'order' hasn't been processed yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.