main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Episode III Title and Official News Discussion"

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthLucanas, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well it is really what I and many expected the title to be.

Go and see the retro logo for it on the official site.

Revenge Of The Sith

EDIT: LOCKED PER CR REQUEST

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Good Title. It's a nice nod to the past.

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    It is a nice nod to the OT and the name helps complete the story with a link to Return of the Jedi.

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    The logo is a very good link to the OT and at least they picked a title that many fans expected...
    ...I can't wait for it to come out. :)

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm hitting SW overload! So much cool stuff going on at Comic Con, a new Insider and some amazing footage on the official site (Hyperspace only, sorry)
    The Insider has got some delicious pics from Ep3 of Anakin, Wookies, the new Jedi Starfighters as well as a familiar ship from the OT ;)
    This movie is just going to freakin rock!!!

6. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I heard that they had some really good pictures of Kashyyyk and Vader for hyperspace subscribers...
    Now I wish that I had hyperspace. :(

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    The planetary stuff is only concept artwork, but it's still very exciting :)
    Btw, some people might consider mentioning that planet a spoiler. My personal view is that anything Uncle George releases is non-spoiler, but not everyone feels that way.

8. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    For some reason I didn't realize I was in the Spoiler thread until just now, LOL.
    Excuse any stupid and/or ambigous remarks in my last 2 posts.
    And as for the Vader pics, there is a shot of them putting the helmet on an armored-up Hayden.

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    This isn't the spoiler thread. Ignore the title of this thread for now and PLEASE do not post spoilers here. Chris created this thread to discuss the newly revealed title for Episode III and the other tidbits of info that came with that announcement (basically all of the stuff that came out at Comic-Con). These things are LFL-released material, and according to TFN spoiler policy they ARE NOT SPOILERS. I sympathize with those of you who are trying to avoid more than what TFN's definition covers, but I really can't do anything about it. I recommend that if this is a problem for you that you do not enter any Episode III discussion threads and turn off the graphics for this site somehow (they talked about it in Comms a while back) so that you don't get spoiled by avatars either.

We do have a spoiler thread, farther down the page, that Scott (Ryno) created some time ago. Please use that thread if you wish to discuss spoilers. If there is any confusion over TFN's spoiler policy, please refer to this for clarification. If you have any doubts about where to post something Episode III related, feel free to PM me about it because I'm totally spoiled and you're not going to ruin the movie for me. :)

EDIT: BTW, I have contacted strawbary about the title change for this thread. Hopefully it will be restored to its original form soon so there is no longer any confusion.

10. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
  11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    No need to apologize, what you posted aren't considered spoilers by TFN standards. That's official LFL-released material, which is discussed freely here, as stated in the spoiler policy. :)

12. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Due to the fact that many have complained about people posting the EP3 title in various thread titles we have edited them out and have put them as spoilers. Even though its LFL released material some people still do not venture into the EP3 forums and like to remain spoiler free.

I have changed the name of the thread to avoid any further confusion.
    Thanks

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Due to the fact that many have complained about people posting the EP3 title in various thread titles we have edited them out and have put them as spoilers.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.It's the freaking Title of the movie.It's been on the national news and it's been in just about every newspaper. The title of the movie isn't a spoiler. What happens IN the movie is.

The boards have reached a new level of stupidity. [face_plain]

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Strawbary knows that I'm unhappy about this and I'm still discussing it with her. I am extremely unhappy about having "spoilers" in the thread title because that is NOT what this thread is for. On the Boston boards we have always followed TFN's spoiler policy, their spoiler definition. Again people, this thread is for OFFICIAL LFL released Episode III information only. No "spoilers" as per TFN's definiton. Please use the other thread for that.

I completely agree with you Scott; not only has it been splashed all over the news, but the ROTS logo is an icon that anyone on these boards can use. A very popular icon at that. To say I find this policy irritating is an understatement.

15. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm changing my icon and signature to show the title.

In a long and not so proud tradition of stupid decisions on these boards calling this title a spoiler is right at the top.

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I must say, I rather like the way this icon goes with our board scheme. ;)

17. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I cant believe I'm actually saying this, but.. I agree with Scott also.

If it was just a Hyperspace thing,fine, put the spoiler warning in the title. But for Pete's sake (who is Pete anyway?), it's been on every entertainment show, newspaper and varies other media outlets since its been announced.

BTW, I think the title stinks. But then again I hated AOTC's title at first.

18. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I cant believe I'm actually saying this, but.. I agree with Scott also.

What do you mean by that? I think I always make a lot of sense.At least to those with above average intelligence......oh......sorry Roy. :p

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Scott is a sensible guy, I find I agree with him on a lot of things. Back on topic, I really like the title. And I was in the room where they announced it too. The energy was incredible. My heart was pounding. And I wasn't disappointed at all. I thought Sansweet's presentation overall left a little to be desired as far as Episode III info goes, the finale of the title reveal made the two hours completely worth it. :)

20. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I like the title as well, but I think that the abrievation is sorta funny: ROTS

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Haha, wow, I completely missed that the abbreviation spelled an actual word. That's funny. [face_laugh]

22. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Not to beat a dead horse but why is the Episode 3 title allowed to be posted in the thread titles in the Star Wars Films Forums? Why is okay there but not okay here?

Could our RSA please take some time out of her busy schedule to explain that?

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Oh, I brought that up. One of the strictest no-spoiler areas of this entire message board system has ROTS in its forum title. And then there's the icon. And then there's the TFN spoiler policy that says the title is not a spoiler. Last time I checked, those were the rules we had to follow. And then there's common public knowledge. You're not going to escape this title unless you live under a rock. How this makes sense to anyone, I do not know, but that's what I'm trying to find out. Hopefully we'll get an satisfactory explanation at some point.

What really bothers me is that "spoilers" is still in our thread title. I went to other FanForce boards (at least 6 or 7 of them) and they all have threads saying "Episode III title ANNOUNCED!!!" or something similar. In none of their thread titles was "spoilers" inserted. Their threads are no different than this one. I asked for the thread title to be changed to "Episode III Title and Official News Discussion", which I find to be completely in compliance with this silly policy, but Strawbary didn't agree with it. But, like I said, we're not done talking about it. I still hope to reach some sort of resolution in this unpleasant and irritating situation.

24. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It seems pretty clear to me that according to the rules the title isn't a spoiler and it should be put back.If it's not allowed then it should be removed everywhere.

25. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I will reply to a few comments in here:

For one, I dont make the rules I only enforce them and as I have stated many times I usually leaves the forums alone unless someone has a complaint.

BELIEVE it or NOT some people are and were offended by the title being revealed in the thread title in MANY forums. To some yes they r a spoiler. Why? I have no idea.... LOL but some consider them......
    If I hadnt received any complaints against the thread I would have left well alone.

I can change the title to take out the spoliers warning I dont have a problem with that at all. :)
    What bothers me is that everyone changed their icons merely because they were upset with my decision rather than asking me about it.

I find myself VERY open minded and very easy going and am always out to help every chapter. If you have any problems are are puzzled by something on the boards just ask. I am always glad to help.

Each chapter usually decides on what their spoiler policy is and perhaps you should have that posted in your forum as a sticky? so there are not any misunderstandings in the future to newcomers on your boards.

Have I clarified everything?
    Later Taters!

edit: "I asked for the thread title to be changed to "Episode III Title and Official News Discussion", which I find to be completely in compliance with this silly policy, but Strawbary didn't agree with it. "

I dont recall that request or I would have been happy to change it. I will re-read my Pm's but I dont recall it. If I missed that many apologies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.