"Episode III Title and Official News Discussion"

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by DarthLucanas, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    they both were banned? What the hell is this world coming to?
  2. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Did I miss why Tony and Scott got banned?

This is all my fault for putting up the title on the thread...sorry guys. :(

I hope they lift the ban soon.
  3. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    This is all my fault for putting up the title on the thread...sorry guys.

No. It's not. You are not in control of the actions of others.
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    For the reasons they got banned you might want to PM MJF or another mod and they can probably tell you.
  5. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Chris, don't at all feel bad about putting up this thread. I'll fill you in, and everyone else in attendance, at the meeting later today.

As for the rest of you, contact me via PM if you need some clarification on the bannings or the discussion going on here. Yes, Scott and Tony were banned, but I'm not going to talk about why here. I'm not trying to hide anything but this thread has really gotten ugly and off topic enough already. And no, this discussion isn't finished, because I'm still waiting for strawbary to reply to my last post, and for her to post our spoiler policy sticky.

I suggest until strawbary gets around to responding to my last post that we all just take a break from posting in this thread. No one else need get banned over this.
  6. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
  7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    By the way, could we please have our edit function restored? Or at least explain why it was removed entirely? I don't believe we did anything to deserve that, and all that's going to do is up our post counts anyway.

Guys, I'm going to be leaving soon, so I won't be able to respond to PMs until later tonight when I return from the meet. Please be good while I'm gone. :)
  8. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    By the way, could we please have our edit function restored? Or at least explain why it was removed entirely?

So your saying you didnt have it turned off? The mods did it themselves?

Thats just wrong!
  9. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    Its not anyone heres fault, its just the most ridiculous thing ever and anyone who said so has been banned it seems.
  10. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why has editing been removed, are we looking to ban people?
    And why were people banned for offensive flaming, yet it wasn't edited out of their original posts?
    Just curious.
  11. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    No, I did not have our edits turned off. On the contrary, nearly a month ago (maybe more, it's been a while) I asked for unlimited edit time in our forum like many FanForces have. However, that request was not granted for reasons which are unknown to me, despite the fact that we have been a very well-behaved forum for a long time now. I do not consider the recent bannings an indication that we are a poorly behaved group. I look at them as an unfortunate result of a very frustrating situation.

Again, I'm going to ask that you all please be patient (I know it's not easy) and refrain from posting in this thread until strawbary posts in response to the questions that have been asked. I have been working very hard talking to Linda and Vicky, as well as discussing this at our meet yesterday, and replying to concerns that have been PMd to me. Please trust me to resolve this situation, that's why my name is blue. If you have questions, if there's something you would like addressed, please PM me or email me. Hell, you can even call me. I'm more than happy to discuss this situation with any of you. I don't want to stifle discussion here but if things escalate any further the thread will likely be locked against my wishes.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Well, it appears that our 90 minute edits have at least been restored.
  12. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Man...it has been a good 3 or 4 months since I posted in any FF thread. Kinda lost interest thanks to the FF that I helped get started.

It is a shame that Scott and Tony had to go thru this...hopefully this will not deter them from coming back.

Rox
    Title: Administrator Emeritus
    Date Posted: 7/31 12:21am Subject: RE: "Episode III Title and Official News Discussion"

For the reasons they got banned you might want to PM MJF or another mod and they can probably tell you.

That will not work.

They never tell anyone of the important people in a FF Chapter.

When I was co-Prez of the NJO...I couldn't get anything but a runaround answer from the FF higher ups.

So...maybe this thread has been taken so far off of its intended purpose...it should be tried again. :p

BTW...I am not sold on the title RotS so much. It is nice and all...but I just don't know.
  13. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, so i noticed strawbary, finally, posted the sticky thread. is she gonna answer the questions brought up in this thread?
  14. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I wouldn't hold my breath or bet the farm on it. :p
  15. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah, your probably right [face_laugh]
  16. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    I was going to say that it did seem as if the "higher ups in ff" seemed to repeating the same general idea in this thread just using different wording each time.
  17. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thats cause they have no clue of what their doing.

They make a policy,then change it at will. Makes sense, right?

And I wont even get into the senseless banings that have occured,Yet!
  18. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The delay on the Sticky was because there were some things that needed clarifying before posting.
    Also I have already spoken to roseanna regarding this matter.

Im done discussing this. Any further problems or concerns I suggest everyone try contacting a GSA.
    Thank you
  19. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I have been quiet until now and trying to understand eveything and it still isn't clear to me why this all is taking place.

And yes I have read everything..twice.

I am sorry it is not justified yet to me.

Why the oppressive mentality on a title to the thread

Doesn't this feel like we are the early colonist?

I don't think we will ever get a straight answer on this subject ever. :(

20. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think we will ever get a straight answer on this subject ever.
    I agree. :(
  21. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry about all this guys. Strawbary and I are obviously not connecting on this because I never expected her to post that. I made it abundantly clear in this thread and via PM that the questions I asked (I even numbered them!) needed answered. I've sent another PM, and I will update you guys when I receive a reply.

As for the bannings, I've already said that you only need contact me via PM if you require clarification on them. While I personally think the ban lengths are way too harsh, the bans themselves had merit. But please, stop bringing it up here. It's not helping anything. I know patience is wearing thin here (for me too), but again, I ask you to trust me to take care of this. I am not going to stop until we get the answers and clarification we need. I can't do anything about the bannings, but we should be able to put the rest of this discussion to rest.

By the way, I've finally started my research job for the summer, so I'm not going to be online as much during the day anymore. I'm telling you this because I don't want you to think just because I haven't responded to PMs or posts all day that I'm not going to at all.

So please guys, be good. Respect my wishes and stop posting off-topic in this thread. If I have to, I will have it locked. I don't want to, but if this ugly discussion continues I won't have a choice. I am responsible for maintaining some level of control in my forum and that's what I'm trying to do. Please PM me, email me, IM me (although I'm not all that much recently), or call me. Thank you.

EDIT: By the way, if you don't think that I'm handling this properly, if you think I should be doing something differently, or if you know how to make it all better, by all means, let me know. Or continue to talk about me and my "incompetence" behind my back like a coward instead of confronting me personally. Your choice.
  22. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Let me clarify my post -

Roseanna and I are not done in discussion on this however I am done posting in this thread regarding this. This thread is off topic and will be locked if it continues.
    My suggestion to anyone who still has concerns and cannot wait for Roseanna and I to discuss this to contact a GSA.
    I will continue my discussions with roseanna off this thread.
    Thanks
  23. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    I've talked to Roseanna in person about this, and I'm willing to wait for now until I hear more. And I, for one, am completely satisfied with Roseanna's handling of the situation.
  24. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    And I, for one, am completely satisfied with Roseanna's handling of the situation.
    I agree
  25. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.