main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Episode III Title and Official News Discussion"

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthLucanas, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I apologize if that edit to my last post seems overly defensive, but I have been made aware recently that there are people unhappy with the way I've been handling things. People that won't grant me the courtesy of a PM (or other method of communication) to discuss whatever the problem is. I really, really appreciate that there are people here who are patient and trusting. Your support means more than you can imagine. Thank you! :)

I'm leaving for work soon but hopefully I'll have an update for you guys tonight.

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    An update for you guys: I received some answers to the questions I asked Strawbary.

1. There was indeed a complaint about the title of our particular thread. I do not know who it was, and I really don't care at this point. I think we all agree that it was a little irresponsible to edit a thread title without verifying that the complaining party was actually a member of this FanForce, but Strawbary and I worked out an agreement so that all thread title complaints (aside from major TOS violations and titles that violate OUR spoiler policy) will be forwarded to me (or whoever is serving as CR) in the future.

2. Our spoiler policy is fine. Revenge of the Sith can be in any thread title, as can anything else that falls under the non-spoiler definition of our spoiler policy. If you are in doubt about where to post something, please PM me and I will be very happy to answer your question. :)

There are a couple of things I have not yet received answers about: the bannings and the overall FanForce policy of dealing with individual chapter spoiler policies and thread edits. If there had been something nice and clear posted somewhere indicating how these situations are routinely handled, maybe we wouldn't have reacted in this way. Maybe we would've had a spoiler policy in place long ago if we knew that not having one means anything can be edited if there's a complaint. This is something that really should change so that no one ever has to go through this again. Things like checking with the CR to make sure a complaint comes from one of your own members before editing should be standard procedure, not just a special arrangement here. I just want to see something posted by an RSA or GSA in the CR forum that contains all the information we would have needed to prevent this mess.

Since I can't really post anything about the bannings here (no matter how unfair I find them), and the policy concerns above are something for the CR forum, I'm going to have this thread locked now. A new one will be started for official Revenge of the Sith discussion. There's really no hope of getting this thread back on topic. If anyone is interested in receiving news of either or both of the unanswered topics once I get some answers, please PM me and I'll keep you updated. If anything I've said is unclear, if I missed a question that needed answering, or if you have any other questions, PM me for those reasons too. Or any other form of communication that suits you. I'm easy to reach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.