main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Episode III Toy Release Plans

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    EDIT2 - Updated location and times for Saturday Walmart appearances

EDIT1 - bumped up toy grab list and costume attendance list

Walmart, I-40 & Eubank
    Brotherhalo & Mrs. Brotherhalo
    bobasparxx
    LetoQuorme

Walmart, I-40 & Coors

Walmart, Coors (by Cottonwood Mall)
    TK166

Walmart, Academy & Wyoming
    Wook

Walmart, Los Lunas, Belen, Socorro
    Redgek
    SithLordAaron
    JediMexx
    obi-dave-kenobi
    Bloodclaw65

---------------------------------------------------------
    Costume Appearances - FanForce & 501st

Walmart I-40 & Coors
    Saturday, April 2nd 9am-11am

Walmart I-40 & Eubank
    Saturday, April 2nd 1pm-3pm

---------------------------------------------------------

Okay, we discussed this at the last meeting, so I want to start formalizing this here and at the upcoming meeting.

The idea to hit several Walmarts was explained by Leto. So I'm creating a list of who's going to be where. We'll also exchange phone numbers for those interested in separate locations in case we need to coordinate to get figures that are needed by people. So tell me where you plan on being and I'll update this post...

Oh yeah - the date: April 1st/2nd Midnight

2. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Hey Bob,

I am curious if we can get some business cards made up for the people I am sure we will encounter? If so...shoot me a cost!

I am going to try and get some 501st Recruitment flyers printed up.

3. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I've got business cards! I'll bring them to the meeting and hand some out. I'll also print out more if we need it.

Also, you, wook, and lor should have some. We'll need to update Wook's though...

4. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I've got a lot of info that I'll be talking about at the upcoming meeting regarding this. Also, you may wanna consider adding Wal-Mart at Wyoming and Academy to the list, I haven't decided whether I'm gonna be at that one or Eubank yet.

5. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Roger wilco.

6. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I think some Mos Alba members are going south to Los Lunas and Belen to out flank the professional Toy collector reseller ebay horde's. [face_laugh]

7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Good maneuver Bloodclaw!!

Probably Wyo/Academy for me..close to mi casa

8. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Redgek and I were also thinking about Los Lunas/Belen. Maybe if Bloodclaw wants to take one, we'll take the other.

9. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Count me in at Eubank...

Anyone see the SW release advertisement/signs at either entrance at the Walmarts stating the April 2-3 event that is going on at most Walmarts? Theres a Vader and a Yoda sign that greats you as you enter the stores. Very awesome.

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I saw those in Belen the other night. Very cool. Wanted to pull one off and run!

11. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    David and myself set up at Belen for EII and helped stock the toys and got whatever we wanted ... no one to fight with. Going to do the same this year in Belen or LL.

12. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Is anyone setting up showing up in costumes for the toy release or is it just for getting figures? I am off from 0800 on the 1st to the 5th so let me know what people need me to do. 12 is past my bed time though :). (Unless you count last night and didn't stop running calls until 7 this morning :(

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I *was* planning on going in costume then thought better of it so that I'll be unrestricted in getting my toys.

Who's planning on being first in line at Target Saturday morning (4-2) to get their hands on the exclusive Vader?

Besides you Brian...

14. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Well, apparantly I have a reputation to maintain... ;)

15. Bloodclaw65

Nov 3, 2004
    count my in I'll be there with brian. I am going to make it an all nighter from friday to saturday night.

16. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Same here, I'm taking the day of 4/2 off, so let the hunt begin, even though the cash flow is low to save for C3.

17. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    You and me both, David...

Brian, you hitting the Wyoming/Montgomery Target Saturday morning?

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Since this seems as if it is an Walmart "event" whaddya think of doing a picture session/fundraiser for CMN like we did for the DVD release? Of course, after everyone has hoarded their toys ;)

We got a lot of publicity at that event - and it was fun!

Hey Jason - any ideas on if that would be ok or not?

19. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Yeah, since it's the closest one to my house.

20. Bloodclaw65

Nov 3, 2004
    I think we are going to Belen SithlordAaron I will check
    with Roman,David. and Happy Hunting

21. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    John from the 501st in Denver has apparently been contacted by LFL or Pepsi to send one Vader and two Stormtroopers to several Colorado Wal-marts for this promotion.
    I asked him if he had a list of NM wal-mart who were in need, and he sent a list of 4 in NM (Jess got it from him too). Strangely, Jason's store (I-40 and Eubank) was not on the list...

I called all 4 few Wal-Marts; here is what they said:

10224 COORS BYPASS NW (by Cottonwood mall) - I have to call back Friday talk to the even planner. She said "Headquarters may be sending a Vader and 'Stormwalkers' already." I asked from where, but she didn't know. I wrote John to see if Colorado was sending people? Interesting...

2701 CARLISLE BLVD NE - Talked to David. Real nice guy (not). He said they were not interested at all.

2550 COORS BLDV. NW & I-40 - Talked to Manager, John. He was quite interested, said to call back on Monday to talk to person in charge of event.

301 SAN MATEO BLVD SE. - Talked to Manager, Ed. Also very interested. Has to call me back.

So.... what should we do? I think we look better as a group, like at Jason's DVD release, but I know people want to spread out for collecting purposes.
    Jason's Wal-mart was very nice and welcoming, I'd like to go back there just because of that. Does everyone know where they are going to go yet?

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, Ken, that's what I started this thread for! I am interested in hitting up Jason's Walmart, since I know he's gonna be there. I wouldn't want to go in costume, though, if it's going to inhibit my ability to grab the toys I want. Now, if we were given first dibs (or reserved cases) I'd go in costume.

23. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thanks for doing some leg work on that Ken...guess we'll see on Monday? Jason may be busy now ( I think he's getting married soon) so maybe one of the other locales will work...

"stormwalkers" [face_laugh]

24. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I would be interested, but like they said if they save some cases for us, or let is go in on the 1st and put aside what we want. Since it would be the first time wearing my costume for a long time I hope to be with a group and have help with putting it on. In Rio but where ever people want to go is fine with me.

25. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    I was at the K-mart on Eubank and Montgomery today looking for some Star Wars gifts for my son. They had some stuff out that I didn't see at Target or Walmart today. In fact, when I tried to buy some of it, it came up "before sale date" on the cash register. Needless to say, the lady took it from me to go "check it out" and she returned, without my son's gift. Can't release it she said. Cool stuff to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.