main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Episode III Toy Release Plans

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZUBBZERO77

ZUBBZERO77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Yo Darth Scooter,

I was thinking of the one at Eubank and I/40. I get off work at 10:00pm, and then I am going to Bennigan's on San Mateo and Academy to wait for midnight. If you want to meet me there we can go from there. I'll call you from work too. So answer your cell or you don't get any Krispy Kremes.....

2. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    BC count me in !!!! See ya in LL

3. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    So what walmart is going to the busiest? Any TRU open at midnight tonight? What about KMart?

4. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Lunas is a go for me!

5. ZUBBZERO77

ZUBBZERO77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    As far as busiest Walmarts......I have no clue!!! I don't think K-Mart will have a midnight sale, but I will be there early morning picking up my stash hiding in the womans department....:0)I'll stop by the Walmart on Central and Zuni..?? Maybe there will be toys there.....I'll be in armor telling everyone:

"These arn't the toys your looking for!! Move along! Move along".

TK-7911

6. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Ha Ha Ha Ha :D

7. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    7911 go to work.... Do not disappoint me again.

Called the TRU and they are not opening early. boo hoo
    Called Kmart in Rio, they won't be and when I asked if any others would be she was kind of rude and said no.

8. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    OK....I am so torn between going to the Walmart on Eubank and the Los Lunas one...I am serious...I have lost sleep on worrying if I am going to get the few selective figures I want! It is going to be a knock down drag-out if the Eubank walmart is going to do a midnight release....on the other hand...perhaps the Los Lunas one will not be as busy.....and if violence does break out....it will take the cops longer to get there....give me time to get my goods and get before the posse gets there! :D

I cannot make up my mind....I need a beer

9. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    The mos alba presence in LL will be strong Jess. you will go to Los Lunas....

10. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Are we all going to commute in 1 vehicle...or each take their own? <waving my hand in your general direction>

11. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Dude! Don't abandon us! Me, Julie, Victor, Scott, Brian, and Jason will be there. The more people we've got, the better chance of grabbing what we want! We'll keep those local systems in line! I mean other Star Wars shoppers!

12. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Are you buying beer before we get there....and are they going to do a midnight release? We still do not have a solid word on that as of yet!

I am outta here...call me!

13. WomackD

WomackD Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2003
    Couple of questions:

1. From what I have read on this site, it seems you (as a group in costume) are going to attend wal-marts WITHOUT the tent events. Just curious as to why or how the choice was made to which wal-mart to attend.

2. How hard do you think it will actually be to find merchandise? Outside of this group, what kind of early bird turnout do you expect for these toys?

14. Salvan

Salvan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Im going to be at the Wal-Mart on Coors and ellison. :) too bad I wont be able to see some of you all dressed up that would have been neat. Anyways if any others are going to be there maybe Ill bump into you:)

15. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Where am I going to be?????????
    We thought about hitting the Central San Mateo store first cause it wont be as crowded (We think) anybody know about this store, I think we are going to meet early after vic gets off work at 1000 somewhere, I need coffee, already tired, my life support is running low on batteries.

16. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    Ok maybe not doing the Central store, they are not on the list. only three of them are.

17. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    And one more thing. I told my mommy, she said don't tell daddy. Mommy still thinks I paid around 1K for the total thing. So we will not let her know what I actually paid, she is old and I don't want her to have a heart attack.

18. Salvan

Salvan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    There is a list of wal-marts this stuff will be sold at? I just thougth all 24 hour wal-marts would be doing the star wars stuff. I think the one on ellison is 24 hour...I sure hope so lol cause I dont want to go across town if I dont have too.

19. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Straight from starwars.hasbro.com, the list of every NM Wal-Mart that will have the toys available at midnight:

Alamogordo NM 233 S NEW YORK AVE
    Albuquerque NM 400 EUBANK BLVD NE
    Albuquerque NM 2701 CARLISLE BLVD NE
    Albuquerque NM 10224 COORS BYPASS NW
    Belen NM 01 I-25 INTERCHANGE
    Carlsbad NM 2401 S. CANAL ST
    Clovis NM 3728 N PRINCE STREET
    Gallup NM 1650 WEST MALONEY AVE.
    Las Cruces NM 571 S. WALTON BLVD.
    Las Vegas NM 2609 7TH STREET
    Portales NM 1604 EAST SPRUCE STREET
    Ruidoso NM 1800 W HWY 70
    Silver City NM 2501 HWY 180 EAST

20. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    This is the list from the Hasbro website saying what Walmarts are doing it at 1200

Alamogordo NM 233 S NEW YORK AVE
    Albuquerque NM 400 EUBANK BLVD NE
    Albuquerque NM 2701 CARLISLE BLVD NE
    Albuquerque NM 10224 COORS BYPASSNW
    Belen NM 01 I-25 INTERCHANGE
    Carlsbad NM 2401 S. CANAL ST
    Clovis NM 3728 N PRINCE STREET
    Gallup NM 1650 WEST MALONEY AVE.
    Las Cruces NM 571 S. WALTON BLVD.
    Las Vegas NM 2609 7TH STREET
    Portales NM 1604 EAST SPRUCE STREET
    Ruidoso NM 1800 W HWY 70
    Silver City NM 2501 HWY 180 EAST

21. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Weird the Los Lunas one was on one of the list's I pulled.

22. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Word up "G's"! I just got home from work...

San Mateo WM will have a tent. I was there yesterday, and its already set up. Some guy in electronics told me they were going to have something to do with the toy release.

The dept. mgr of the toy dept. of my store (Eubank) is going to set the dept. The feature isle will be located on the North side of electronics. What is going to suck is that he showed no concern for this SW toy release (send him to the dark side). What he was going to do is block the isle with one of those retractable register lane ropes. No one is going to be watching over the isle. Grab what you can, just be aware that you cant purchase anything till 12:01am.

Basic figures are retailing for $5.24. The SW Lego game is in the video game case for $39.96.

Toys R Us (Winrock) will be opening up their doors at 10am on Saturday, acording to an employee. Was there today...they have a huge section reserved where the stuffed animals are usually located in the front of the registers. K-mart opens at around 7am.

23. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    happy hunting all!!!

Report back immediately!

24. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey guys, I forgot to tell everyone...if your coming in a little early to dress up, head straight back to lay a way and ask for me-jason. I will try to get there early to set up a table w/ some chairs over by the toy dept, so if anyone wants to pass out Flyers or what ever. We also have bean bag chairs and futons if you want to take a nap.

We will have some food served afterward. See you all there...

25. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Is anyone trooping again tomorrow? The Coors tent really wanted us to come back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.