main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III: Villain Speculation

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jabachile, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I think the idea of the same themes repeating makes SW the classic mythology it's based on.

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well the rumors were flying around in November about ten actors being in Episode 3. But they're just rumors. I wouldn't look any farther into the names then that. But you never know!

Gabriel Byrne
    Ken Stott
    David Haig
    Robbie Coltrane
    Lara Cox
    George Shevtsov
    Robert Englund
    Christopher Eccleston
    Roshan Seth
    Willem DaFoe

But some of those names were rumored for Episode 1 so it's basically just the usual suspects. Plus we still need the official complete AOTC cast list to be revealed. :p

3. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, this is going to be hard, seeing as how I'm spoiled for AOTC and going unspoiled for Episode III.

But I'll be nice to you and only say stuff that I don't know about:

I'm going to assume the new "bad guy" is like an officer or something.

4. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Ooh, Grand Moff Tarkin?

"Usual Suspects" = Gabriel Byrne = :)

;)

5. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Is it a spoiler to tell you who was cast or not? A while back there was a quote from McCallum dealing with the subject of Tarkin.

6. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    I'd say a certain few people would consider it a spoiler. You could make it a highlighted world like so:

Grand Moff Tarkin : Blah blah

7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    If I remember correctly, McCallum addressed the Gabriel Bryne rumor and said it wasn't true and they had never talked to him, which is unfortunate. But things can easily change as they still need to do Ep. 3 casting.

I would love to see a young Tarkin. It was interesting to see him as an ambitious young officer in Cloak of Deception and he'd be great on the bg screen. Which raises the question: who could they cast to look like a young Peter Cushing? Gabriel Byrne certainly doesn't.

8. cerrus

cerrus Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Robert Englund could pull off a good Tarkin, assuming he isn't cast in a small role in episode 2 (it is possible) Rick M. only said there would'nt be any new OT characters introduced in Ep 3. I am not sure that Jango will make it to Ep 3 and the best I can tell Boba could be ready to go at age 14 or so if Ep 3 takes place only 2 or 3 years after AOTC. I personally would love to see Gary Oldman take on the role of Grand Admiral Thrawn, just a thought if you're reading George

9. Wingless

Wingless Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Ralph Fiennes might make a good Tarkin.

10. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I think the new villain will be Anakin.

11. Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi

Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree. I've always thought Ralph Fiennes would make a great younger Tarkin. But I've also heard someone once say that they thought Tim Roth would be a good one, too.

12. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    The potential spoiler wasn't about who plays Tarkin though, it was whether or not he was in Episode III.

I didn't think it was a spoiler to know what characters were in the movie, though.

13. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Tim Roth would be an admirable Tarkin. Tim Roth is a great actor who belongs in a great movie.

He was the only actor worth watching in Planet of the Apes.

14. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    What else has he been in? I didn't see Planet of the Apes. But Ralph Fiennes would seem like a good Tarkin.

15. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    ::curses:: I want to tell you people whether or not Tarkin'll be in Episode III!!!!! Where's a mod knowledgable about these sorts of things when you need them? :p

16. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't see how it could be a spoiler yet, it's all speculation right now. Not even Lucas could post spoilers at this point. (well, maybe one or two, but that's it) ;)

But don't take my opinion, I don't have the power to edit posts or ban rulebreakers. Wait for a mod's infinite wisdom. 8-}

17. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, I'll go out on an uncertain limb.

SPOILER FOR EPISODE III.......maybe? :p

A while back McCallum made a statement saying we wouldn't be seeing any OT cameos in Episode III. No Tarkin, Mon Mothma, or Ackbar, Han, or Chewie. I'm not sure where it is, but I'm sure someone has a link or a copy.

18. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Hm...

Anyhoo, I can't see Roth as a Tarkin, but he would be a great Imperial admiral...great villain. He's also been in Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown (Quintin Tarentino films) and a bunch of stuff.

TFN actually had a poll dealing with this. Pretty cool.

Hm, Roth could actually play a younger Admiral Piett?

[image=http://www.theforce.net/jedicouncil/castingcall/pics/imperial/piettlg.jpg] = [image=http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/3753/niceauto.jpg]

EDIT: Nevermind, Roth's about the same age now as Piett was ;) Uncanny resembelence, though.

19. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Wow...they're the same age? He looks like a younger version..... :eek:

20. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I don't think Roth would be a good young Tarkin (if he's even in Ep. 3) but he would be a good Imperial of some kind.

21. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    That Piett comparisson is pretty cool! If there is a new bad guy, I hope that they're an Imperial/Republic officer rather than a Sith/evil Jedi.

22. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Wow...they're the same age? He looks like a younger version.....

No, I'm saying that Tim Roth nnow is the same age as Piett is in the OT. If he stayed the same age for twenty years, it wouldn't make any sense at all. See what I'm saying?

23. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    The Dooku storyline has yet to be resolved, so introducing another Sith is an unnecessary diversion that is peripheral to the story. It will not happen.

Piett is insignificant until he's promoted from Captain to Admiral in ESB. And Captain isn't so high a position that he'd take twenty years to get there. Unlikely.

Of characters that we have already heard of, Tarkin seems like the best bet; it would solidify his importance in ANH as someone who even has a leash on Vader, as Leia puts it, as well as amplify the significance of his demise.

On the other hand, the new villain McCallum speaks of could perceivably be no more significant than Zam is in AOTC, in terms of screentime and authority.

24. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Erm, just on the subject of Boba Fett, Daniel Logan will be 16/17 by the time they begin Ep. III's pricincipal photography...
    I think that by that age, he should be big enough to pull off a physical role, maybe even wearing his father's armour.

25. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Originally in AOTC, he was gonna put on Jango's armor and fly out of the arena, but they thought it would look silly. Agreed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.