main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthLucanas, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    My theories:

1-Obi is getting the smackdown and pushes Anakin off a ledge to keep from getting killed.

2-Anakin slips and ends up hanging on to a ledge. Obi tries to help him but fails. Only problem with this is Ani could use the Force to get up.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Maybe Obi-Wan puts out his hand to try and pull Anakin up but he refuses Obi-Wan's help. Anakin loses his grip while slapping Obi-Wan's hand away, then falls into the lava pit.

3. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. :) Despite the fact that Ani was trying to kill Obi, he still tries to save him. We get a close-up of Anakin's face as he fights with his inner emotions: the love for his father-figure/Master who's trying to save him and the anger and rage of the Dark Side. (Really, Hayden can act, I've seen it)

Obi-Wan dives and slides to the edge of the overhang. Offering his hand to Anakin.
    Obi: Take my hand!
    Ani (fighting to maintain his grip on an outcropping): It's too late for me!
    Obi: We can fight it together!
    Ani (anguished): I've failed you, Master. Save yourself.
    Anakin's hold slips a little more.
    Obi: You can't do this Anakin! What about Padme?
    A dark rage contorts Anakin's features briefly before a disturbing calm settles over him
    Ani: I've become too dangerous...Tell her I love her.
    Anakin pushes himself away from the ledge and falls away.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    That's some really good writing Dex! Seeing it as the only way to put an end to the evil that has overcome him, Anakin tries to sacrifice himself to prevent what could (and does) become of him.

Really, Hayden can act, I've seen it
    I haven't seen his movie Shattered Glass but it got some really good reviews. Hayden also got a lot of praise for his skills in the movie.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Dex

Unfortunately, I don't see that Ani's going to be the slightest bit heroic or nobel when he falls. He'll be thinking entirely of himself and want nothing more than to kill Obi-Wan on the spot :(

I can't wait for that scene though. HC's gonna shine. He portray's royally tormented and poed better than anyone his age.

6. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Unfortunately, I don't see that Ani's going to be the slightest bit heroic or nobel when he falls. He'll be thinking entirely of himself and want nothing more than to kill Obi-Wan on the spot

I totally agree. At the point and time of "The Duel", Ani will be so full of rage and hate I highly doubt he'll be saying things like that to Obi-Wan.

I think Obi will try his best to get Anakin back to the Lightside,but he'll be to far gone to be helped.

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah, I know it won't go that way, but that's the way I'd like to see it :)
    I haven't seen Shattered Glass either but HC was great in Life as a House.

8. TricksterGoddess11

TricksterGoddess11 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    :droolz...: I loved that movie.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Darth Sidious reveals his true identity to the Jedi and it turns out to be...

Howard Dean [face_devil]!

10. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    That's funny, I thought it would be John Kerry. No wait, that's San Hill.

11. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I've always seen Palpy as more of a Bush figure.

"This really is a necessary war."

"Yes I may be taking away your civil rights, but it's a temporary emergency thing, and you'll get them back when the crisis is past."

Uh-huh.

-Paul

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I've always seen Palpy as more of a Bush figure.

I just picked Dean because of that now infamous war cry he belted out after losing the Iowa caucases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.