Provo Episode III

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dantana Skywalker, Mar 14, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Chances are looking very good for a midnight showing for our Fan Force for "Revenge Of The Sith". However, before I can really set this up, I need to know how many of you will come to a midnight showing and/or an opening day showing (though I want the midnight showing) of ROTS if it were to be arranged.

This would probably be in exchange for some service for the theatre, ala AOTC or Matrix Reloaded. Costumes would probably be, if not a necessity, highly prefered.

If you would like to go and definitely plan to attend if we get this, please let me know as soon as possible so we can get the ball rolling. And this isn't for maybes. This is definites. I'll need a pretty solid number of us in mind.

Oh, and members of other FanForces are welcome to attend. Just let me know fairly soon if you want to get in on this.

Dana
  2. Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Master

star 4
    Both I and my wife would come, as well as any members of my cast and crew I can convince.
  3. LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm going, I've already asked for work off for the evening of May 18, and all day May 19.
  4. LiberalDrew Jedi Youngling

If she's going, then I'm going. I should probably find a sub for my classes....
  5. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
  6. Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wait...so, the movie isn't showing at midnight in Provo for sure? I thought it started at midnight everywhere! So, we can only see a midnight showing if we're in the fan force, or what? I'm really confused...it must be all this California sun! :D
  7. Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Master

star 4
    Everything in Provo closes at 8. (Exaggeration, but not really) So keeping something open 'til Midnight is the tricky part.
  8. Katrael_ni_Skyewali Jedi Youngling

(This is Dana; I'm just "on vacation", so I'm using a sock, of "my daughter".)

There are midnight showings. What I'm attempting to arrange is a free midnight showing for us, so we can legitimately see it then without paying. :p This would probably be done in exchange for some service for the theatre.
  9. Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay...so, the movie will still be on at midnight, regardless of whatever Fan Force does or whatever?

I don't want to commit to going (and I don't mind paying), because I've got to figure out who I'm going with, rides, and all that jazz.
  10. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Bah, I'll be back in D.C. so I'll probably end up seeing it at the Uptown theater there. Y'all have fun though, I can't wait to see it :)

EJ
  11. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay, I need a pretty good estimate here of how many people will come to this event, so I can give that ballpark number to the manager(s) so they know how many to plan for.

I know you guys are kind of reluctant to commit, but I need commitment if this is going to happen. Right now, I've got:

Myself
    MiaTieska
    DarthIshtar
    Creshosk/spouse
    My parents
    Corrin/spouse
    LeiaTygre
    LiberalDrew

That's 11 so far of those who've said they are going.

If anyone needs a ride to this, we can arrange one for you. Several of us have cars. I am more than willing to give rides to anyone who needs one.

I'm going to get in contact with the theatre tomorrow and see what exactly they'd like us to do for this, then I will post the results here.

Dana
  12. DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    I'll need a ride. I also might be bringing a roommate, but don't know yet.
  13. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay . . . haven't been able to contact the theatre yet. However, there's a possibility we can rent a theatre for our group. My stepdad's gonna look into it; he arranged a rental for TPM back in '99, so he knows how to do that.

It WOULD include having to pay for it, but depending on how much the rental is, it'd depend on how many people we talked into getting tickets. Previous estimates were about $350, which would mean that if we got 30 people to go, tickets would be about $11, and if we got 60, it'd be $5 something, etc.

But I'll keep trying for the free showing.

Dana
  14. LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That would be awesome. Carrie, the one we went fabric shopping with should be coming, plus at least 2 of her friends. So that would be an additional 3 people.
  15. Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Master

star 4
    I will get as much of my cast and crew together as humanly possible.
  16. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    We may be able to get more definites if we ask the LTUE committee, Quark, and Quill and the Sword, etc.

-Mia (trying to stay spoiler free til episode 3!)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie