main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Episode IV: Jedi Revealed (complete + trailer for next fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GuerreStellari, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuerreStellari

GuerreStellari Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 23, 2003
    Moving myself up. Shameless.

Also, an update on the author's health: I felt better this morning, but after bio got pretty woozy and decided to come home (thus skipping another class). I'm going to post later on today.

2. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    OK, today's post. Consider it a prelude to the storm.

Enjoy!

Luke Skywalker sat up suddenly in bed. What time was it? For a moment, he thought he was back on Tatooine and it had all been a dream. Aunt Beru! I?m up! But the thick, wet air brought him crashing back to reality. No, he was still on Dagobah. But, what about last night?

Luke hopped out of bed and went to the main room. Yoda was not home.

?Master Yoda?? he called.

The small door had been left ajar. Luke jogged outside. He found his Master hovering in a meditative pose beside the clearing. The same clearing that Luke passed through the night before. The boy slowed his jog. He tiptoed up to his Master, unsure whether the green creature was aware of his presence.

?Speaks to us, the Force does,? Yoda said quietly. ?And so does the Dark Side.?

Yoda turned to look at Luke. His expression was stern. He lowered himself onto the ground and picked up his cane. Luke remembered his father?s words. Leave this place, Luke. Leave it tonight! The urgency in his voice had permeated throughout Luke?s body. Whatever it meant, wherever he had to go, something had to be done. The pull was just too strong.

?Master Yoda,? Luke said. ?I think I have to go.?

?Mmm,? Yoda replied.

?I do!? Luke insisted, as if Yoda had opposed his decision.

?Go, then.?

Luke did not understand. He thought Yoda would stop him. Or at least put up a fuss. Did Master Yoda know about his encounter last night? Father said Master Yoda was leading me down the dark path. But it did not seem like it. At least, not now, when Yoda did not even stop Luke from leaving. Maybe the little Master just did not understand what Luke meant.

?OK, well,? Luke hesitated. ?Bye, then.?

Yoda did not reply. He closed his eyes again and began to meditate again. Luke was about to turn and run to the shuttle. But something was stopping him. Doesn?t Master Yoda care that I?m gonna leave? It hurt his feelings to be so easily dismissed. He wavered slightly in his resolve. Finally, he turned to Yoda again.

?Don?t you want to stop me?? Luke asked meekly.

?Your own path, you must follow,? Yoda said. ?Your decision.?

Luke hesitated again. Yoda had told him that at times the Force would show him things he would not understand. Last night, he thought he had talked with his father. But the apparition had said so many things that seemed unbelievable. Especially about Ben. Luke knew Ben; he had seen the good in him. It was impossible for Ben to have hurt his father like that. Maybe it wasn?t my father at all. Or at least, maybe he had misunderstood.

?Wise, you are,? Yoda said suddenly. ?Young, you are. But wise, for your age.?

?Who did I talk to last night?? Luke asked.

?Far, far into the woods, you went, mmm. Deep into the cave. Very dangerous. There are some areas, most strong in the Dark Side, they are. You must be careful.?

?But, how do I know if it?s the Dark Side? It seemed so real. How can I tell the good from the bad??

Yoda tapped Luke?s chest with his cane.

?Heh! In here, you?ll know,? Yoda said. ?Don?t worry. Know, we all do.?

The creature chuckled and turned to walk away.

?Come, come! Today?s training, most hard will it be! Heh heh!?

Luke rubbed his bruised chest. This Jedi business was all so confusing. Would he ever know the truth? Yoda often said that ignorance leads to the Dark Side. Wasn?t Luke?s ignorance dangerous?

Luke paused. In here, I?ll know. His gut told him to trust Yoda. In here, I?ll know. Luke looked up into the fog. I hope.

Young men and women crowded into the large mess hall. The room was full of noise and laughter. People from every planet sat at numerous oblong tables. Obi-Wan Kenobi watched the scene with a certain longing. He wanted to be young again, to feel the excitement and the freedom of twenty-five. The Jedi in him quickly dismissed the thoughts as frivolous.

He scanned the room and eventually found Captain Antilles in the food line. Obi-Wan m

3. Peregrine7

Peregrine7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Ah! That confidence-bordering-on-arrogance is still around, I see. Nice blend of the younger and older Obi-Wan.

4. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh I can't wait to see what Obiwan has up his sleeve. I just know he has a plan.

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yoda's response to Luke's announcement was the best thing he could have said. Anything else would have made Luke leave.

6. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Peregrine7 Do you mean Luke or Obi-Wan? Ha HA! Thanks for the comments. I'm trying to tread that fine line between the cynical-guilt-ridden-arrogant-lonely-old-man Obi-Wan and the emotionally-absent Jedi.

CrystalKenobi Oh yes, Obi-Wan has a plan indeed. Kind of a lame plan, as its been his plan for years (including the canon films, hint hint). But it works every time.

RebelMom I thought that was probably the most realistic way to handle a post-cave Luke. I mean, he is still just a kid and reverse psychology always works well on the little ones.

In the meantime, I have a final exam (bleagh) and other stuff today. This afternoon I will be posting, and let me tell you, it's gonna be a doozie of a post. Action! Drama! Suspense! Big thrills. Very scary, if you ask me.

7. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Interesting, and well written. I will be watching this thread with great interest...

:D

-Tim

8. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Hey guys, look what I--Queen Retard--have finally figured out: :)

Smileys! Now, I shall plague you all with endless :) and :D and [face_blush]

Also, Darth_Tim: welcome. It's nice to have a boy on the thread, since only you can be the true judge of how mush-less and Star Warsy the fics are. ;)

OK, OK, I should go do something productive instead of lurking around on my own threads... Must study... Or perhaps write final scenes to fic... Hmmm...

9. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Hey guys, look! It's yesterday's update, being posted today! Sorry I didn't post yesterday but Darth Real Life kept getting in the way.

Enjoy!

?The University is in flames! Alderaan University has been destroyed!?

The Empire had struck Alderaan?s capital city, Aldera, deep in the night. While the peaceful planet slept, a powerful barrage thundered into the galaxy?s oldest university and destroyed it. Now, the streets of Aldera were filled with screams of terror. Families were separated as a great crowd surged towards the government buildings. Lost children cried for their mothers. Wives searched desperately for their husbands among the disfigured remains.

Overhead, TIE fighters plowed through the streets with blaster fire. The crowds scattered in fear, but a mass panic kept the citizens of Aldera pinned into each narrow corner. Beautifully ornate white homes crumbled beneath the TIE's constant blaze. Fathers and mothers struggled to protect their children from the falling debris. More Imperial TIEs screamed above the people?s heads, dropping bombs into the most congested alleys.

Bail Organa watched the scene from the palace?s highest tower. The Empire was destroying Aldera before his eyes. This is Vader's doing. The palace had so far remained relatively untouched, and Bail feared this would only mean something more sinister. He struggled to rip his eyes away from the infernal scene as he heard his daughter run into the room.

?Father! Father!?

Leia was crying. She ran into Bail?s arms.

?I can?t find Nurse Rieekan!? Leia gasped between sobs. ?Where is she? I can?t find her!?

Bail picked up his daughter. He walked into the hallway, where government officials swarmed in a frenetic attempt to search for safety. Bail fought through the chaos, keeping his mind on Leia's safety. Alderaan is finished. We must get her out of here! He recognized his aide running past.

?Yuri!? Bail called.

The aide turned to see Bail and Leia. He yelled over the noise.

?Get to the North landing bay, sir! Some transports are leaving! There isn?t enough room for everyone, hurry!?

An explosion. Stifled screams. Further down the hallway, a part of the ceiling crumbled, sending up a cloud of smoke. Bail watched Yuri?s figure disappear into the rubble. They were on the highest floor, so that now a burning night sky could be seen through the hole. Bail struggled to keep his footing among the rubble.

?Viceroy Organa!?

Bail saw Nurse Rieekan hurrying down the corridor. Leia jumped out of Bail?s arms and ran to her.

?Nurse Rieekan!? Leia sobbed.

Nurse Rieekan picked Leia up.

?Take her to the North landing bay,? Bail ordered. ?I want both of you off this planet now!?

?The Emperor is a coward, Viceroy,? Nurse Rieekan cried. ?He knows we have no defense!?

?Go!? Bail said.

?No, wait! Father!? Leia cried.

Another explosion rocked the building. Nurse Rieekan hurried away with Leia in her arms. Bail saw TIEs pass over the gaping hole in the ceiling. He knew what this meant: Vader had arrived. Bail checked to see if Leia was safely down the hall. He stumbled over the wreckage and made his way to the South stairwell. He needed to keep her safe, and far away from Vader.

The rebel cruiser, Liberty, tore out of hyperspace in the Alderaanian system. A second Corellian vessel, the Vengeance, exited hyperspace immediately after the Liberty. Garm Bel Iblis had called on his Corellian allies for support, and he was now on the Vengeance as its commander. The Rebels knew that Aldera was already under attack, and recent intelligence reports indicated the Imperial fleet moving east towards Crevasse City, Alderaan?s most populated city.

Crevasse City was the perfect example of the Alderaanian?s ability to blend into the environment. From above, it seemed only a long, thin canyon. A deep fissure which broke apart the endless plains of green. Yet within the canyon walls an entire city had been built. Its buildings dug deep into the ear

10. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Wow an excellent job describing the scene there. Poor Leia having to be separated from Bail. She does not understand her importance yet. I hope Bail will be alright.

11. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I hope Leia will be safe.

12. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    CrystalKenobi Thanks for your comments! I was pretty worried about these descriptions, especially if they were readable and understandable.

RebelMom I will reveal nothing about the next few posts; but don't worry too much about Leia. ;)

13. Peregrine7

Oct 7, 2003
    This time, the destruction of Alderaan is more personal - a little bit at a time. And, in some ways, all the more chilling because of it.

14. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    I agree with Peregrine. It seems Alderaan is no stranger to calamity, unfortunately. Very well done.

-Tim

15. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Peregrine7 True, true. And I'm glad you caught on, because that's what I'm trying to get across really--just how much of a violent dictatorship the Empire really is. In ANH, Alderaan anonymously blows up in a sort of "oh" way. But here, we get to see just how nasty the Empire (and Vader, of course) can be.

Darth_Tim Thanks for the compliment. I hope you're enjoying the action, there's a lot more to come!

Well, my lucky readers, I have decided to post again today--what was supposed to be today's post anyway. You can tell we're nearing the end when things start speeding up and the there are those wonderfully short "oh no!" scenes. ;)

Enjoy!

Standing on a grassy knoll, nearly three kilometers from the Crevasse City canyon, Imperial officer Devon Reed sighed in aggravation. Several other officers stood alongside him, peering through electrobinoculars.

Reed turned to the droid at his side.

?Open a communications link with Lord Vader,? he ordered.

The droid whirred momentarily before producing a blue holographic image of Vader.

?Yes, Field Marshall?? Vader said.

?Sir, our attack on Crevasse City is completely ineffective. It seems our TIE fighters are just scratching the city surface.?

?Use the pyrotechnic missiles, Field Marshall. The people have fled into the canyon?s interior. The missiles will be the only way to penetrate the city façade.?

?Yes, Lord Vader.?

The image disappeared. Reed turned to one of the nearby officers.

?Prepare the pyro squadrons, Captain Venier.?

?Yes, sir.?

Aboard the Liberty?s landing bay, Obi-Wan Kenobi prepared his X-wing for descent into Alderaan. Other fighter pilots ran past to their own fighters. There were two battlefields: Aldera and Crevasse City. The Corellians, led by Garm Bel Iblis, would defend Aldera while the X-wing squadrons would go to Crevasse.

?General Kenobi!? Wedge Antilles ran up to Obi-Wan?s starfighter.

?Captain Antilles,? Obi-Wan smiled.

?Are you going to Crevasse, too?? Wedge asked.

?No, my friend, I?ll be heading to Aldera.?

?Oh? Well, good luck then!?

?Captain Antilles, in my experience, there?s no such thing as luck,? Obi-Wan chuckled. ?But, thank you, anyway. And may the Force be with you.?

The landing bay?s alarm sounded. It was time to depart. The thunder of a dozen X-wing engines filled the bay. Wedge yelled over the noise.

?Whatever you wanna call it, sir!? Wedge called. ?See you when we get back!?

Obi-Wan climbed into his X-wing. His droid beeped affirmative after a systems check and suddenly his rear engines roared to life. He closed his eyes momentarily, letting the Force flow through him. I know how this will end. Vader was waiting.

Three transports sat among a frenzied mob on the North landing pad in Aldera. People clawed at each ship?s openings, trying to get inside. Women passed their infants to people waiting on board. Each transport was literally bursting with Alderaanians trying to escape the burning city.

The first transport?s pilot stood up in the cockpit.

?Get back! We can?t leave if you all don?t step back!?

No one could hear him above the noise. Nearby, a squadron of TIE fighters showered blaster fire into the communications building. It exploded, sending debris all over the landing bay. People screamed in terror.

Nurse Rieekan was pushing her way through the crowd with Princess Leia Organa in tow. Leia held the Nurse?s hand tightly. She was so small, she could see nothing but a throng of people around her. The crowd surged and fell forward. It was difficult to move without stumbling into someone.

?Come on, child!? Nurse Rieekan cried over the noise.

The first transport?s engines ignited. People standing behind it cried out at the sudden blast of heat. The ship slowly began to lift itself over the landing bay. Some desperate citizens grabbed onto its landing gear. The thrust of its engine sent the people nearest to it tumbling into those behind them. A mass of people fell backward, and the link b

16. Peregrine7

Oct 7, 2003
    ...in my experience, there?s no such thing as luck...

My all-time favorite Obi-Wan quote (right up there with "from a certain point of view"). However, I especially like the continuance of the quote in the novelization of Ep IV.

"..only the manipulation of random factors to incline events in one's favor."

17. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I hope Obiwan can get to her in time.

Again an excellent post.

18. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Poor Leia. The Skywalker Twins have to go through so much just because of their heritage.

19. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    Go Obi! Go!

I like the suspense....good job!

-Tim

20. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Peregrine7 Ha! I love that quote, too. Obi-Wan's such a trip. :D

CrystalKenobi Thanks! :) You'll see what happens in today's post, oh boy!

RebelMom Yeah, being a Skywalker certainly has its down sides! But oh well, what can ya do? :)

Darth_Tim Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Action scenes can be pretty tricky to write sometimes.

OK, dudes and dudettes, I wanted to post right now but it's late and I've gotta run to some DRL stuff! I'll be posting today's update when I get back, in a few hours. Hold your breaths, the action will continue!

;)

21. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    OK, here is today's post. You guys'll notice that some posts may be long, others a bit shorter. The reason is, I'm trying to pace myself with the storytelling so that there is a good amount of suspense, but also continuity.

Enjoy!

Bail Organa dodged some crumbling duracrete as he walked down the empty corridor. This was the palace?s lowest corridor which led to the South landing pad. Bail knew that Lord Vader would be coming to meet him. He braced himself. This was going to be a difficult encounter. And where were the Rebels? Surely, they had received his message. They?ll be here too late, Bail grimly thought.

As he passed by the illustrious grand hall to the right, Bail caught his image on a broken shard of glass. Previous to this destruction, the corridors leading to the great room were covered with ornate mirrors. Now, most of those mirrors had been blasted through?leaving only sharp pieces of glass strewn about the floor. Bail looked himself over in one of these shards. He was covered in red dust, so that he seemed only one uniform rust color. A gash on his eyebrow sent a steady stream of thick blood across his face. He looked utterly beaten. Damn Vader. Damn the Empire for doing this. He sighed angrily.

Someone blasted through a door down the hall. As the smoke cleared, four stormtroopers wielding blaster rifles jumped through. Bail then watched as Darth Vader?s immense figure stepped through the broken doorway. The stormtroopers ran up to Bail and quickly surrounded him.

?Viceroy Organa,? Vader said. ?I?m surprised to find you still here.?

?Once the Senate hears about this?!?

?Spare me the noble rhetoric, Viceroy,? Vader put up a hand. ?Soon, Alderaan will be destroyed. Perhaps then her people will understand that you cannot betray the Empire.?

?This is genocide!? Bail cried.

?The Emperor has been watching you, Viceroy,? Vader continued. ?And we were most displeased to learn of Obi-Wan Kenobi?s presence here. This will make your punishment all the more vigorous, I assure you.?

?What are you talking about? Kenobi died nearly ten years ago!?

?We intercepted a message from him nearly an hour ago. Kenobi is alive and well. And he is coming to Aldera. You know this.
    ?Indeed, I would be most interested in seeing him again.?

Bail?s mind raced. The stormtroopers were closing in on him now. Their blaster rifles dug into his ribs. How is this going to end? If Vader knew about Kenobi and the
    Rebellion, all was certainly lost. All he needed to do now was keep the girl safe. As he thought this, light footsteps came running down the hallway.

?Father!?

Bail turned to see Leia running towards him.

?No! What are you doing here!? Bail yelled. ?Get back to Nurse Rieekan!?

A stormtrooper broke from Bail?s side and rushed to pick her up. She shrieked in fright as the stormtrooper placed a blaster rifle against her head. Tears streamed down her cheeks as the stormtrooper tightened his grip on her. Bail stepped forward. Someone jammed the rifle deeper into his ribs.

?So, this is your daughter,? Vader said slowly. ?Princess Leia Organa.?

?Let her go, Vader!?

Vader paused. The helmet?s expressionless face stared at her for a moment. His breathing was slow, regulated. For a moment, there was nothing but silence in the corridor as Vader stared at the girl.

Heat. A sweltering heat enveloped the interior passageways of Crevasse City. The bombing continued outside, and now the air within the corridors sizzled with an unidentifiable fire. The people huddled deep in the canyon felt their clothes stick to them. Sweat poured down their faces. Several women weakly fanned themselves.

?What?s happening??

?Something?s burning on the outside.?

?Force, where is that heat coming from??

The low vibrations continued. The Imperial TIE fighters had been bombing Crevasse?s exterior for hours. Now, the smell of burning wafted down the corridor.

?What?s that smell??

It was getting hotter with each passing minute, and hard t

22. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    When this is all finished, I'd like someone to beta it, please. That way, I can submit it to the Fan Fic Archives and see if they accept it. :D

If anyone's interested, please PM me.

23. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh my, It won't take long for Vader to see Padme in Leia.

Those poor people. I hope help arrives soon for both the people and for bail and Leia.

I think you are breaking up the story in just the right places.

24. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    what a horrible way to die. That is so cruel.
    Uh oh, not good with Leia face to face with Vader.

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I decided to de-lurk to tell you how much I am enjoying it. I am willing to help on this too, not just your viggies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.