main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Episode IV: Jedi Revealed (complete + trailer for next fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GuerreStellari, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuerreStellari

GuerreStellari Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 23, 2003
    CrystalKenobi Umm... don't get too attached to Crevasse City. You'll see what I mean in the next few posts.

RebelMom I'm definitely trying to stress how cruel the Empire can be, and in a sense, Alderaan is made to be an example. As far as Leia and Vader, you'll just have to keep reading... [face_devil]

PadawanKitara Thanks a lot for de-lurking and being willing to beta! :D I'll send the completed version along, but perhaps I'll wait 'til I've posted it all here on the boards. I'm guessing we're about 5-6 posts from the end.

Stay tuned for today's post! Action! Drama! Suspense! Oh, the humanity!

2. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    The story continues...

Enjoy!

Princess Leia Organa did not move. The stormtrooper held her tightly with the gun against her temple. She stared back at Lord Vader. What do you want? She thought. She felt as if a distant link, some fragment of recognition, was slowly coming together between her mind and Vader?s. His deep, metallic breathing filled her mind?a dark presence was tapping against her thoughts, trying to get in. Vader was about to say something when a noise came from down the hall.

The blue lightsaber blade was the first thing anyone saw. Suddenly, Leia felt herself drop out of the stormtrooper?s limp arms. She turned to see the crumpled stormtrooper lying beneath Obi-Wan Kenobi?s glowing blade. Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Immediately, the stormtroopers surrounding Bail broke off and began firing. Obi-Wan deflected the bolts and quickly struck down the remaining Imperial soldiers with their own blaster fire. Bail ran to pick Leia up.

?I was expecting you,? Vader said.

Obi-Wan slowly stepped over the fallen stormtrooper. He made sure to step in front of Leia and Bail, so that he was now between them and Vader. Leia watched as Vader ignited his own red lightsaber. The dust slowly settled onto the ornate carpet.

?Bail,? Obi-Wan said without turning around. ?Get Leia to a safe place. There are Rebel shuttles outside. Go!?

The lightsabers clashed abruptly as Vader attacked. Bail scooped Leia up and ran down the hallway. The girl screamed and reached her hands out towards Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan! She watched as the two distant figures disappeared down the hallway. The last thing she saw before Bail took her downstairs were two shimmering blades glancing off each other in a steady struggle.

Yoda?s mind was filled with turmoil. Although his calm exterior betrayed nothing, beneath his closed eyes a tragic scene played out. The elderly Jedi Master could sense nothing of his immediate Dagobah surroundings. Instead, the deep meditation revealed to him the true extent of Vader?s darkness. Yoda felt a link waveringly cast between Anakin Skywalker?s mind and Leia Organa?s. This was very dangerous; it meant they had seen each other, heard each other. Yoda felt also an intense stress emanating from Obi-Wan Kenobi?s mind.

Tentatively, Yoda reached out into the Force and touched young Luke Skywalker?s mind. He had sent the boy on a jog earlier that morning, vainly hoping that the child would be distracted enough to overlook the Force tremors which shook the air around him. Yoda found Luke?s signature within the energy fields?the boy?s mind was curious, tired, pleasant. Good. He has felt nothing. Yet useless it is, to try. Luke will feel it, he will know, in the end.

Field Marshall Devon Reed peered through his electrobinoculars again. A billowing tower of black smoke gushed out from the Crevasse City canyon. The pyrotechnic missiles were working wonders on the Alderaanian rebels?it would only be a matter of time before the entire city was just a scorched, empty skeleton Reed smiled to himself. This would surely mean a promotion, perhaps to General. After ten years of service, it?d be high time. Honestly.

A few other Imperial officers and stormtroopers stood with Reed on the grassy knoll. They watched in silence at the Crevasse City battle. From this far away, one could not see down into the canyon, but only the opening and uppermost city walls. Thus, from such a lateral point of view, it appeared as if the ground itself was burning from below?sending up only a mass of smoke. Every so often, TIE fighters would scream through the smoky air and blast into the exterior city walls.

A droid rolled up to Reed.

?Incoming message from headquarters,? it stated.

?Patch it through,? Reed said.

The blue image of Imperial Admiral Lee Borus appeared.

?Field Marshall Reed,? Borus?s voice boomed over the transmission.

?Admiral Borus, sir,? Reed stood at attention.

?Lord Vader requests an update on the Crevasse City situation.?

?All

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    It would appear that Obi-wan managed to get to bail and leia in time. Now I wonder what will happen to Obi-wan. Or has Yoda already told me.

4. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    CrystalKenobi Mwahahaha! You'll have to keep reading to see! [face_devil]

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Grassy knoll- is this ominous foreshadowing?

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm wondering if Obi will get away a second time.
    Good that Leia is sort of safe.

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm caught up. Good Posts.

By the way, is Crevasse city situation inspired by Helm's Deep from The Two Towers?

Just curious!

8. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    PadawanKitara Yes. I mean, no.

RebelMom The next two posts will reveal a lot. ;)

Jedi_Liz Actually, I found Crevasse City in this Star Wars illustrated book - so it's official Star Wars stuff, not my own invention. I did notice, while writing about it, just how similar it is to the Helm's Deep situation! Especially the whole waiting in the depths of the earth thing. But no, I didn't intend for the similarities! :)

Dum dee dum... Later today I will post...

9. Emperor_Primus

Emperor_Primus Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2003
    I just started reading this, got through the first page. Its great so far!

Added to my bookmarks. :)

10. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Emperor_Primus Welcome to the thread! :) You've come in right for the grand finale.

Author's Note Three more posts left. I would suggest listening to "Duel of the Fates" during the second scene in this post, as it really adds to the Star Warsy-ness.

Enjoy!

Luke Skywalker was tired of jogging. Master Yoda had sent him out for some exercise nearly an hour ago, and Luke?s small lungs could take no more of Dagobah?s harsh jogging conditions. He stopped to catch his breath by a steep decline. Woah, how far did I run? Luke peered down into the decline and saw that it led to a mist-covered valley. He had never been to this part of Dagobah before.

I?ll go check it out. Gingerly, Luke started to make his way down the decline. He was careful to step over branches and small reptiles. A thin snake slithered by. It caught his attention. He crouched down to get a better look at it. He studied its symmetric markings, watched its body coil within the various nooks of soil around it. It looked so stealthy, so agile.

Wait. Something?s wrong. Luke stood up. He looked around. Why did he get that feeling? It was a bad feeling, like someone had just flashed red behind his eyeballs. But no one was nearby, there was no immediate danger. Yet, his mind continued to flash the warning signal.

Cautiously, Luke reached out with his mind?just as Master Yoda had taught him?and attempted to interpret the mental signals he was receiving. It was difficult to make out; at first all seemed shrouded in a chaotic mess of emotions, sounds, movements, faces. One by one, Luke picked through the noise and attempted to understand all these Force signatures. Yoda had also taught Luke about the training bond, the mental link a master and apprentice shared. Luke focused on that bond now. He could sense Yoda?s mind clearly. It was worried, but about something far away. Luke tried to decipher the messages again. Unexpectedly, he began to recognize one of the Force signatures which sent such strong signals to Master Yoda and himself.

?Ben?? Luke asked aloud.

Heat. Burning my knuckles, my hair. Move, move, MOVE! The red blade cuts down against my defense. He is stronger. He knows this. He is in control. We?re cutting through the dust, burning into the walls. Something crashes down into the hallway. It kicks up some dust, I can?t see him now. Sense him through the Force. There! Move, Obi-Wan, move! He?s behind me. Block, parry, thrust.

The girl is safe, the girl is safe. Do not think about the girl now. She is safe, she is safe.

Close one! That was a close one. An opening?I attack. Vader moves to block, he?s lost his balance. I?m in control now, each blow pushing him further down the hallway, into the wide auditorium. She is safe! Keep your head, Obi-Wan. Move now, keep him on the defense. The lightsaber handle is hot, it?s burning my hands. Focus!

Another explosion outside. Damn TIEs! Up, down, move to the left. Vader?s trying to find another opening on my defense. Suddenly, he brings his free hand up. Duck down! The piece of rubble flies over my head. But it?s enough to distract me?my defenses are down.

Vader strikes now. He?s angry, the blows are vicious. Anakin never fought this recklessly. Only nine years ago? Nine years ago? It?s getting hard to keep up. I can feel the waves of anger coming from him. I need to know if Leia is alright. Where is she? Sense her quickly through the Force, keep the shields up. But Vader notices.

?Your thoughts betray you, Obi-Wan,? he says. ?Who are you trying to find??

The room is nice and wide. Finally, some space. Focus, Obi-Wan! I somersault over his head. Vader raises the red blade, it clips my shin. I land and stumble. Vader sees the advantage, thrusts forward with his lightsaber. Block, block. The burning in my leg? Sith, it burns! Let the pain dissipate, just let it go. Now, get up! GET UP!

We move down the wide, spare auditorium. Vader slices through the air; duck. He cuts through a column. I move behind th

11. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I have a feeling that Leia isn't the only one saying No.

Poor Obi...

12. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent job done on Obi-wan thoughts during this duel.

Yes I agree that Leia would not be the only one. Also a nice twist in having Leia see his death then Luke. I wonder what effect this will have on her.

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    How old are the twins?

14. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    RebelMom I think we're all saying "No!"... Hating losing Obi, but it's dramatic necessity.

CrystalKenobi Thanks for the compliment! Since it's AU, there's going to be a lot of subtle (and not so subtle) changes which will change each twin's development.

PadawanKitara The twins are both 9 years old. And if they seem absurdly mature, it's because they have the Force... and uh, those are the rules that I've just made up.

15. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Up... Nearing the end, folks...

16. The_Good_Twin

The_Good_Twin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2003
    Nearing the end, folks...
    NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *breath* NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

Oh, but there will be a part V!! :p :D

:D :D :D

17. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    The_Good_Twin Episode V is already taking shape in my head. ;) But actually, what I'm really excited about is an intertrilogy epic AU. I know, moving backwards instead of forwards, but what can you do? :D Stay tuned...

Author's Note Penultimate post. Sigh.

Enjoy!

Wedge Antilles pushed his X-wing down into the smoke-covered canyon of Crevasse City. He shoved his gloved hand against the console?sending a volley of blaster fire into the closest TIE fighter. It spiraled out of control before exploding against the canyon?s edge. Before him, the five X-wing fighters from his squadron zipped to and fro as they narrowly missed the protruding ravine walls.

?Watch yourselves, boys!? the squadron commander?s voice crackled over Wedge?s intercom. ?It?s going to be a tight ride, I don?t want any of you slamming into the sides!?

Wedge pulled at his X-wing?s control, bringing the starfighter up just before a section of the ravine crumbled. Pieces of durasteel and rock exploded out from the side. Wedge craned his head up to see a squadron of TIE fighters descending into the ravine. Another torrent of blaster fire battered into the ravine?s side and Wedge?s own starfighter.

?TIEs! Three squadrons comin? down fast!? someone cried over the intercom.

The X-wing squadron broke up, with some descending further down into the canyon. Wedge followed his captain?s lead and pushed the X-wing deeper into the ravine, towards the bottom. He could see a thin thread of glittering water deep in the bottom. That was the Crevasse river. The walls were closing in now, it was so narrow that his fighter?s wings just barely scraped the city?s exterior walls. The TIE fighters followed him. More blaster fire assaulted his starfighter.

?Don?t worry, Wedge!? a pilot shouted. ?I?ve got ?em!?

There was the noise of X-wing missiles. Wedge?s starfighter rocked forward at the sudden explosions behind him. He narrowly dodged another ravine wall which jutted outwards. The smoke was thicker down here, it was hard to see the rapidly approaching canyon walls. Damn, it?s hot. Wedge felt the droplets of sweat trickling down his face and into his suit. He felt the rubbery material clinging to his back. Why?s it so hot down here?

Suddenly a TIE fighter fell forward between Wedge?s starfighter and the squadron commander?s. The TIE?s blaster fire poured into the X-wing?s rear shields.

?Hold on, Red Leader!? Wedge called.

He slammed forward on the controls and his own missiles plummeted into the TIE fighter. The Imperial fighter?s left wing exploded. It staggered to the side before ramming into a ravine wall. Wedge pulled his own starfighter away from the exploding TIE.

?Thanks, Wedge!? the squadron commander called. ?I owe you one!?

But, suddenly a stream of fire blasted through the ravine wall. Wedge watched in horror as the squadron leader?s X-wing was completely consumed by the sudden blaze. His own X-wing?s shields lost power and the alarm sounded. He was heading fast towards the fire.

?What the hell was that?!? someone yelled.

?Pull up! Pull up!?

Wedge jerked his X-wing up, up, away from the burning storm. The X-wing was facing the sky now, and Wedge could see the distant gray canyon opening above. Just a few more feet, a few more! The X-wing?s engines screamed under the pressure, and suddenly another stream of fire burst through the city walls. His X-wing lurched to the side, narrowly missing the flash.

?Pyro squads! They?re shooting at us from the inside!?

?Get out! They?re using the pyro missiles! Get out!?

The sweat was pouring into his eyes now, blinding him. Wedge frantically pushed forward on the accelerators. He could feel the heat rising up from below. Only a few more feet! Force, save me! The fire was on the sides now, blocking his lateral field of vision. The cockpit window slowly turned orange and red as the blaze crept up, consuming him. Get out! Get out!

?Ben!? Luke Skywalker screamed.

The cold air around him was sh

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    The fight scene with the xwings etc was very realistic I thought.

I could picture Luke with tears running down his face as he ran. That scene was well written. good job

19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    poor Luke. :( :_|

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Ack! You stopped there?

Well done. Poor Luke.

21. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Good morning, Tuesday! Right before I get to work...

CrystalKenobi Glad you liked the X-wing scene! I'm not the best action author, so it's nice to see if people like those scenes! :)

Jedi_Liz I know, I know, who can resist a weeping, 9-yr old Luke?

RebelMom One more post left. :D That'll be later today. After I complete this, I'll start working on the other idea I have! It's gonna be great!

...OK, off I go to be somewhat productive.

22. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Your story most definitely does not suck! I just got caught up (nothing like coming in at the end) and I wanted to say you've done a great job all around :)

I'm thinking you've got a group of readers very much anticipating Ep V.

23. GuerreStellari

Nov 23, 2003
    Reihla Hey, welcome to the thread and thanks for checking the story out! :) Yay! New reader!

Author's Note: Last post. Sigh. Good-bye, first fic. But... what I have up my sleeve is gonna be fan-Star-Wars-tastic! That'll be coming soon.

Enjoy!

Mon Mothma stood aboard the Liberty, which hovered a few kilometers above Alderaan. She watched the tiny battles of Crevasse and Aldera from the wide deck window. From space, the planet seemed so peaceful, so tame. In fact, the only hints of warfare were the occasional orange bursts and mushrooming explosions coming from either city.

Reports from each front arrived every two or three minutes from Rebel posts in the field. The Imperial Star Destroyers waited on the other side of Alderaan. For now, the Liberty was safe. Both the Empire and the Rebellion had made a silent agreement to restrict the fighting to Alderaan itself. However, the Rebel field reports were beginning to send some worrisome information?apparently Imperial pyro squads had penetrated Crevasse?s interior and were burning through the city. It would be difficult for X-wing fighters to successfully defend such an internal attack. The Empire knows pyro squads were outlawed by the Senate during the Clone Wars, Mon Mothma thought.

A young Rebel jogged up to Mon Mothma.

?Ma?am, there?s a transmission coming in from Aldera,? he said.

?Put it through,? she replied.

A large, flat-screen intercom located in the center of the Liberty?s deck flickered momentarily before illuminating. There was a hushed silence from the Rebels aboard as they saw the image of Bail Organa come alive. Behind him, the features of a Rebel escape shuttle were recognizable. Everyone on the main deck paused in their activities.

?Senator Mothma, all is lost!? Bail cried. ?The situation on Aldera is hopeless, we need to retreat now. The Empire?s forces are overwhelming us, we must evacuate all remaining Rebel forces if we hope for any survival!?

?Viceroy, we have received no word from General Kenobi. Do you know of his whereabouts??

Everyone on the Liberty?s deck waited in silence for Bail?s reply. He lowered his eyes, suppressing a pained expression. The seconds dragged by as he considered a response.

?I?m sorry,? Bail said softly. ?Today? it is a dark day for the Rebellion.?

Audible gasps and cries rose up from the deck floor. Mon Mothma stood frozen, in stunned silence. No one had the courage to speak or breathe.

?General Kenobi has been killed,? Bail continued. ?I?m?I?m sorry??

His voice trailed off to a whisper. Mon Mothma found herself paralyzed with shock. Obi-Wan? Forcing herself to speak, she turned to the young Rebel officer beside her.

?Lieutenant Sha?ir,? she said. ?Sound the retreat.?

?Master Yoda! Master Yoda!?

Luke Skywalker sprinted through the marshy forest. The branches tore at his clothes, his face. It was difficult to see through the tears. The salt stung as his tears crawled down his cheeks into the tiny cuts and bruises. From a distance, he could see Yoda?s home.

A warm glow emanated from the hut, Yoda had put a fire in. Luke tore through the remaining branches and barged into the front door. His small master stood over the hearth, quietly poking at the embers with his cane. He did not turn to see Luke.

?Master Yoda!? Luke cried. ?What happened??

So he has indeed felt it.

Master Yoda did not respond and continued to stare into the budding fire. New, hot tears were streaming down Luke?s face now. He felt so cold, as if an open vacuum had formed in his heart. A dark abyss which had already twisted his insides when Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen were lost, and now widened with the loss of Ben, threatening to suck Luke into its black depths. Was this the Dark Side?

?Master Yoda,? he was sobbing openly now. ?Master, did you feel it, too? What happened to Ben? I think he?s in trouble. Is he in trouble? Master Yoda, what happened to Ben??

It pained Yoda to hear the child?s sobs; he did not wan

24. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Oh wow. That was great! Very nice use of emotion throughout, especially in the last post. I'm going to love seeing where you take Luke and Leia. Ep V starts tomorrow, right?!?! :D

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    WOW- what a way to end it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.