Episode IV to have lower budget than Episode III.

Discussion in 'Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth_Vaderous, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight

star 5
    In a recent George Lucas interview, he said the movie will be made at around 10,000,000 US Dollars.
  2. ThrawnRocks Jedi Master

star 6
    http://boards.theforce.net/episode_iv_spoilers_allowed/b10758/23552770/p1/?2

He's actually being restricted to only $8,250,000
  3. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    That is unbelievable! What a rip-off! How can they possibly expect to make a STAR WARS movie for less than $100 million?? And anyway, "restricted" by whom?? Doesn't Lucas write his own checks?? What are they going to do, use rubber masks instead of CGI????
  4. darth_paul Jedi Master

star 5
    Actually, it's pretty easy to explain. CG technology has advanced throughout the making of the films, and the improvements have been such that things can be accomplished much more easily and with less expense now than in CG even around the time of RotS.

-Paul
  5. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it.
  6. Drac39 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Perhaps Lucasfilm is having financial trouble?

7. G-FETT Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    No, Luca$ is just so greedy he's content to serve up any old rubbish in order to save money. :mad:
  8. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    As long as they don't end up cutting the scene with Jabba the Hutt. I've been looking forward to his return since TPM.
  9. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    True. I heard Lucas was considering using old footage from air battles as a substitute for actually having to rope ILM in to do the space battles.
  10. JediNemesis Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No way. [face_plain]

At that budget, he's going to have to use actors in masks instead of CGI, and it's going to look lousy.

I mean, seriously, a puppet Yoda?

[face_plain]
  11. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    Exactly. The puppet Yoda in TPM isn't widely liked, and to go back to a puppet just because Lucas won't pay for a CGI Yoda would be awful.
  12. EH_Pilot Jedi Master

star 4
    It's actually just a trick Lucas is doing to confuse us all and get us worried.

For some stupid reason, that budget is in 1977 dollars. So it's actually a lot more.

See? Nothing to worry about.
  13. Darth_Maestro Jedi Master

star 4
    does this mean a possible return by Jar Jar is out of the question?:confused:

guess well have to wait for his death till other future episodes.
  14. ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I heard the lighsaber fight in the movie doesnt surpass the one in III at all. Hope I'm wrong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.