main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Opening Crawl Speculation

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kenneth Morgan, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, so far as I can see, nobody else has started a thread like this, so I guess I might as well. (And if one already exists, feel free to lock this one up.) Anyway...

"EPISODE IX: Okay, We Get It"

"The Second Galactic Civil War rages on.

With the New Republic government still fragmented, the First Order prepares a new strike to seize complete control of the richest, most populous star systems.

Meanwhile, the Resistance, aided by new allies from far and wide, organizes a counterattack to turn the tide of battle.

And while Rey continues to quest for Jedi Knighthood, the villainous Kylo Ren continues his obsession with utterly destroying the old order, and gaining absolute rule of the galaxy..."

Yeah, it's not very detailed, but it works as a bridge. I decided to pretty much ignore the whole "The First Order reigns" line from TLJ because it didn't make much sense to me. And as for the title, see MST3K, Episode 1104.

Over to you...

2. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    I think the New Republic is completely gone by now. IX takes place 1 year after TLJ

The Legions of Lettow and B99 like this.
  3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think that being one year later basically gives time for the army of the Republic to be rebuilt for the final conflict.

4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    VERSION I
    Dark times have fallen upon the galaxy. The First Order, growing in power, has spread its terror, imposing oppression in every corner of space.

Under Supreme Leader Kylo Ren and his dreaded Knights of Ren, the First Order has pursued those possessing the Force in order to prevent a new Jedi order from rising.

The dwindling RESISTANCE, led by Leia Organa, has desperately begun to seek out help from allies in a last ditch effort to regain hope for peace…
    VERSION 2
    The Rebellion is reborn! With her brother Luke Skywalker gone, General Leia Organa seeks help from distant worlds in her endless quest for peace.

As the grip of the FIRST ORDER tightens, Supreme Leader Kylo Ren has assembled his secretive Knights of Ren to thwart the efforts of the dwindling RESISTANCE.

Meanwhile, Poe Dameron leads a daring mission to the planet Batuu, hoping to recruit help against the oppressive regime...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    The-Clone-Wars likes this.
  5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Kylo Ren's power has grown & reigns as Supreme Leader ,

The resistance has been pushed to a new base on the outer reaches of the galaxy ,

Kylo Ren under the allusion that Luke Skywalker is still alive will stop at nothing to find him & the new resistance base ,

Meanwhile Rey , Finn & Poe are on a mission to find............................................

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  6. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    My take on the opening crawl of Episode IX is that it will have one. You heard it here first, folks.

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The New Republic shouldn't of gotten wiped out so easy...

Anyways i hope the crawl fanfare is better than TLJ...

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Now that we know that IX takes place one year after TLJ, I feel fairly confident that the state of things will be this: The New Republic will have been taken over, and the First Order is now in seemingly complete control of the Galaxy. The Resistance-now more an underground movement of sorts, rather than a full on military force-is still alive and well-and in fact gaining strength, unbeknownst to the FO. I think that what we'll see in IX is the first "reintroduction" of a newly regrouped Resistance-or "Rebellion" if you will (given all the hinting at this title in TLJ) that involves a much larger collection of the systems loyal to the Republic. Or whatever.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  9. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    "The following takes place between 1am and 3am. Events occur in real time."

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I imagine the basic structure will be very similar to the scrolls from TFA and TLJ.

First paragraph: Times are tough because of bad guys.

Second paragraph: Good guys are trying to topple the bad guys.

Third paragraph: Things are about to get messy....

The content of the third paragraph depends entirely on what the first scene is, so that one is much harder to predict than the first two, but I’m gonna try to come up with something and get back to you :)

11. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    True. And the first scene doesn't HAVE to be a big battle or skirmish. I kind of hope it isn't (this time). I rather like a mysterious opening (which can still have plenty of action) like TPM, AOTC, ANH, and the crawl leading up to it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  12. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Star Wars
    Episode IX
    The Evil Kylo Ren​
    There ONCE was an EVIL Kylo Ren. He WAS so EVIL, that everyone DIED

The End​

JoshieHewls and HevyDevy like this.
  14. Dominus Libertas

Dominus Libertas Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2016
    STAR WARS

Episode: IX

A NEW ORDER

Darkness has spread across the galaxy. The sinister FIRST ORDER lead by Supreme Leader Kylo Ren rules with an iron fist.

Core worlds and outer rim territories now suffer under a new militarized force with regional governors commanding legions of First Order operatives.

The Knights of Ren have been dispatched to Denon where they look eliminate the remaining RESISTANCE leaders who fights their last stand....

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The FIRST ORDER still reigns.
    Having decimated the peaceful
    Republic, Supreme Leader KYLO REN
    now deploys the merciless
    legions to keep military
    control of the galaxy.

Only General Leia Organa's
    band of REBEL fighters
    stand against the tyranny
    certain that Rey and Force Ghost Jedi
    Master Luke Skywalker will
    restore another spark of
    hope to the fight.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  16. Darth DNS

Darth DNS Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2018
    What do you think of this?

STAR WARS
    EPISODE IX
    A NEW MCGUFFIN

Leia Organa has vanished. The new leader of the RESISTANCE, Poe Dameron and his friend, Finn has moved every stone in the galaxy to find the highly respected general. But instead of her, they have met only one of her former allies, the extravagant Lando Calrissian, who is reluctant to support their cause.

Meanwhile, Kylo Ren, the head of the evil FIRST ORDER and the galaxy's new tyrant has dispatched the formidable Knights of Ren to bring in front of him Rey, his hidden sister, who is at the same time the last of the Jedi Knights. If she is unwilling to ally with him to rule as Rey-Ben, she faces a ruthless destiny.

Little does Kylo know that his uncle who has become one with the Force, Luke Skywalker, will not rest even in his death: with the help of Master Yoda, he aims to master the manipulation of the physical world from the afterlife. Should Luke succeed, he can bring an end to the continued warfare for the galaxy and the Skywalker saga once and for all....

17. The-Clone-Wars

Jun 27, 2002
    I think you're funny. Extravagant is a nice way to describe Lando. Thank you for keeping the sentences fairly brief. My pet peeve with our fan crawls is ones (whether real or parody) that are like 4 long paragraphs with run-on sentences.

18. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  19. skyabovethesky

skyabovethesky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2019
    Wildcatbarry likes this.
  20. The-Clone-Wars

Jun 27, 2002
    To pass the time as we wait for the Episode 9 crawl (which if leaked, I hope to avoid!) I thought it would be fun to look at some stats on the past crawls. I compiled a list of proper names and ranked them by the frequency of their use throughout the crawls. I'm not suggesting any particular way of predicting who or what will be mentioned in the TROS crawl. But I just thought it was interesting to see who is or is not mentioned and how often! Also, afterward for you convenience if you wish to read, I listed all 8 existing crawls (not including the stationary text for Solo) in chronological order. Surprisingly, reading all of that as one continuous piece gave me an overarching sense of one whole Star Wars story, probably more so than watching all the films back-to-back would. Enjoy!

People (proper names) mentioned in crawls by frequency:

Luke Skywalker: 4
    Luke: 3
    Skywalker: 2
    Count Dooku: 2
    General Leia Organa: 2
    Princess Leia: 1
    Leia: 1
    Senator Amidala: 1
    Han Solo: 1
    Jabba the Hutt: 1
    Darth Vader: 1
    General Grievous: 1
    Supreme Leader Snoke: 1
    Chancellor Palpatine: 1

One long crawl (Episodes 1-8):

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute.

Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships, the greedy Trade Federation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo.

While the congress of the Republic endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict.

There is unrest in the Galactic Senate. Several thousand solar systems have declared their intentions to leave the Republic.

This separatist movement, under the leadership of the mysterious Count Dooku, has made it difficult for the limited number of Jedi Knights to maintain peace and order in the galaxy.

Senator Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo, is returning to the Galactic Senate to vote on the critical issue of creating an ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC to assist the overwhelmed Jedi.

War! The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor.

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire’s sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy.

It is a dark time for the Rebellion. Although the Death Star has been destroyed, Imperial troops have driven the Rebel forces from their hidden base and pursued them across the galaxy.

Evading the dreaded Imperial Starfleet, a group of freedom fighters led by Luke Skywalker has established a new secret base on the remote ice world of Hoth.

The evil lord Darth Vader, obsessed with finding young Skywalker, has dispatched thousands of remote probes into the far reaches of space.

Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine in an attempt to rescue his friend Han Solo from the clutches of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt.

Little does Luke know that the GALACTIC EMPIRE has secretly begun construction on a new armored space station even more powerful than the first dreaded Death Star.

When completed, this ultimate weapon will spell certain doom for the small band of rebels struggling to restore freedom to the galaxy.

Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.

With the support of the REPUBLIC, General Leia Organa leads a brave RESISTANCE. She is desperate to find her brother Luke and gain his help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy.

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Jakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Luke’s whereabouts.

The FIRST ORDER reigns. Having decimated the peaceful Republic, Supreme Leader Snoke now deploys his merciless legions to seize military control of the galaxy.

Only General Leia Organa’s band of RESISTANCE fighters stand against the rising tyranny, certain that Jedi Master Luke Skywalker will return and restore a spark of hope to the fight.

But the Resistance has been exposed. As the First Order speeds toward the rebel base, the brave heroes mount a desperate escape.

21. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Star Wars

Episode IX

THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

It is a time of... you don't care. Let's
    get to the movie!

22. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Episode IX

THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

The Republic has fallen. Dogged at every step, the few remaining Resistance fighters have been forced into hiding to escape the relentless FIRST ORDER.

Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, reigning in terrible isolation, scours the Galaxy for Sith relics to consolidate his grasp on ultimate power.

Far away on the Forest Moon of Endor, General Organa hurries to complete the training of her brother Luke's former apprentice, the last remaining Jedi Knight.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  23. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    EPISODE IX
    THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

After calling themselves The Rebellion for a day, they immediately realized that was old branding and continued calling themselves THE RESISTANCE.

Led by our heroes GENERAL LEIA and POE DAMERON, they have been traveling the Galaxy, binding together systems in their fight against dominant FIRST ORDER, who aren’t really as bad as the Empire but are still kinda bad.

After usurping its former leader, the evil SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN has turned his attention from the day-to-day ruling of the Order, in the pursuit of his predecessor’s power, leading him into the Unknown Regions. But first, he must repair his mask he foolishly destroyed in the last episode...

24. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    Star Wars

Episode IX

THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

The Resistance is in ruins after near-total decimation, but a SPARK OF HOPE remains ignited, in the fight against the First Order. With old heroes making surprise returns and new ones emerging, to aid General Organa, Poe Dameron, and their troops.

The MILLENNIUM FALCON becomes the new flagship of the Resistance and LANDO CALRISSIAN helps to rebuild the fleet to take on the enemies one last time, in an epic battle to end all battles.

The DEATH STAR ruins is recently discovered, forming a new island in the Endor Sea, and somehow, it is also where Sheev Palpatine is shockingly revealed as the mastermind behind everything that has happened so far. The former Emperor's re-emergence has made Supreme Leader Kylo Ren feel anxious, as he knows his leadership is now under threat...

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    STAR WARS
    EPISODE IX
    The Rise of Skywalker

Darkness has returned. The First Order has swept aside all opposition and now holds the galaxy in its iron grip. Little hope remains.

But KYLO REN is restless. Having killed his master and declared himself Supreme Leader, he now seeks out the source of his former master's power, determined to crush any threat to his rule.

Unbeknownst to him, the Resistance is gathering their remaining forces at their secret base on the planet Ryoome where General Leia Organa continues her brother's training of the young Jedi Rey....