main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    This is something I put up in the Rey and Kylo thread, so this is focused on them (and Kylo in particular), but I think these are significant possibilities for the core of the movie. Obviously, we would see side plots as well, particularly a military plot.

Ways to resolve Kylo Ren in IX:

Option 1: Death-bed confession. Kylo remains the Big Bad in the film and the final confrontation between him and Rey is epic. But Kylo is finally defeated, and has a Death Bed Confession that he knows he made a mistake not going with Rey on the Supremacy. Many tears. Tragic Death. Reylos get to imagine unrequited love. Anti-Reylo's get to be happy we never saw Reylo happen. Roll Credits!

Option 2: The Von Stauffenberg option. Hux hates Ren. And Ren's failure to corner and destroy the Resistance on Crait has shaken the confidence of the other First Order command officers. Hux organizes a plot to assassinate Ren and seize control of the First Order himself.... all set against the backdrop of a reborn and resurgent Rebellion. Ren Survives the plot, and kills lots and lots of folks escaping. He tried to contact Rey, but she wants nothing to do with him. Eventually he forces it (heh!) and convinces Rey he wants to help burn the First Order down. He is not truly redeemed. He is still a Dark Sider, but his hate for Hux and the FO overrides his other ambitions. He secretly helps, perhaps even making a heroic turn at the end. He either dies with a deathbed confession (as above), or he exiles himself, perhaps even to Ach-To. Not yet redeemed, but there are possibilities. Roll Credits! Possible downsides: Maybe too Ren-centric. Might make an epic lightsaber duel difficult unless Ren had some acolytes int he FO that have sabers.

Option 3: Snoke, you can't cut a good man (or whatever) down! Similar to Option 2, but either Snoke is able to make a Dark Side Ghost return to avenge himself on Ren, or Snoke has friends in Unknown (Regions) places! Snoke and/or other Dark Side users are featured here instead of the First Order military, but the end result is more or less the same. Ren survives and makes contact with Rey and/or Luke. THis one could, IMO be utterly EPIC. Ren! Snoke! Luke! Rey!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    @Strongbow good stuff. Have you seen my outline? It has some of the ideas you posted.

Interesting you post those great ideas. I've had some ideas about a 3-way fight for Avatar too. The Navii have to go elsewhere to rebuild and unfortunately enter a dark enemy's realm. This enemy uses the Navii somehow to wreak havoc over the entire galaxy. Eventually, they head to earth. Then an unlikely alliance between Navii and humans are forged to defeat this enemy and the Navii and humans live in harmony.

Not far off from the idea of Kylo and Rey having a mutually beneficial alliance and not different from Finn converting hesitant stormtroopers against the FO as well. The idea of two combatting sides coming together in the end to defeat a larger evil is a great theme.

Oh and people have mentioned Billy Dee's health. I haven't found anything. What is going on with him?

I think someting as simple as him picking up a communicator and hearing Leia's plea and then it turning into a surprise response from MANY systems at the end and having him come over the telecom to Poe "this is Lando Calrissian from the Bespin system. We heard your plea. Anything to help the cause of my dear friend Leia" and then having him show up at a memorial at the end. That's all that is needed. Tearing up just thinking about it.

Strongbow likes this.
  3. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    From talking to those who have injected most of the post-RotJ EU, I get the sense that Something Big is being built up for 9. I really hope so, as I think it’s a great idea to make reading the EU rewarding for moviegoers :)

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  4. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Just saw what you posted in the other thread. I quite like it!

I like the "child-collecting" aspect. We saw that in Rebels and we've seen it discussed in the ST. I think it's worth following up on. We know the FO is doing it to create their legions, but I think it's impossible to not make the connection to the search for potential Force users in Rebels.

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Hmm, and if they go with some version of Option 2 and Kylo asks Rey/the Resistance to help destroy the First Order then of course Finn and/or Poe we'll be all, "are you insane? We can't trust that guy!" And then Rey will be all, "what choice do we have? We're outnumbered. It's only a matter of time before the First Order finds us and wipes us out."

6. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Yes @The Regular Mustache yes. Exactly how I see it. It's just like Loki. (if Loki is indeed helping the Avengers in IW).

7. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Yes, I agree. SO we have a tension among the good guys (a good thing for Darama, IMO), and we have the "Will Kylo betray them?" drama. I think that could work well. We'd just need some credible Force Users on the FO side to make a final confrontation worthwhile. Or perhaps have the command of the FO defeated, Kylo once again turns coat to try and seize control and Rey is forced to deal with his sorry butt once and for all. Lots of possible variations.

And it'll probably never happen, but I do love to speculate!

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  8. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    A Loki-like Kylo in 9 would be awesome, but as of the end of TLJ Kylo doesn’t seem to me to be calculating or rational enough to play such a role. Although I’m not current on the MCU so I admit I might be way off on how I imagine Loki to be.

Buuuuuut if they split 9 into two movies....that would open up more possibilities :D

And didn’t John Boyega say something about Ep 9 being “the war to end all wars”? C’mon, we need more than one movie for that!

@Strongbow

YES! Tension among the good guys! For some bizarre reason it never occured to me that thus far there’s been no real tension between Rey, Finn, and Poe. Not sure how fun Ep 9 would be if our Merry Band of Heroes got along perfectly famously...

Darkspellmaster and Strongbow like this.
  9. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    Hey, I'd be all for EP X, but doubt we'll get that right away. They COULD however, have a significant enough time gap between VIII and IX for such developments to have occurred. Ep IX could open with a rather more matured Kylo, but one who still has his doubts, and perhaps not the complete loyalty of the First Order. WE'll see. I personally completely jazzed by the possibilities for this movie.

10. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    9 had better be chock full of all the lore we’ve been promised!!

Maybe we’ll get lucky and get some really substantive EU materials fleshing out the 30-year gap a bit :)

11. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I think a X would be nice-release it in May 2020 and film both movies back to back. It worked for Harry Potter because the movie was SO well loved and the second half was SO much better than the first.

When you think about it (wow this really just hit me), TLJ had more in common with Half Blood Prince in a SW-to-HP parallel. HBP was dark, saw the passing of a beloved older figure, and had an uncertain ending. Then the DH book, all 800 page of it, set up and finalized everything. They could do that for SW. Set up the final war in IX and Kylo is still the Supreme Leader and vicious, going after Force babies, etc while the rebellion struggles to get allies and Rey struggles with what she's learned about herself and her family. Finn and Rose go on adventures to find allies and all hope seems lost. Then in X it all falls into place and Kylo starts losing his grip and goes on the run. He and Rey join somehow after their deadly rule and the dark side is defeated once and for all.

Wow, TLJ really DOES set up for a two-part finale, doesn't it!

12. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm favouring a two part IX to avoid too big a time gap. A one part IX means we have to jump to a part of the story where we are just 2 hours from the final resolution. If IX starts with a big Rebellion fleet and / or revolution fomenting on the core worlds then that is arguably a more interesting non-Force plot than the Resistance going from one base to another whilst being pared to the bone.

Have a time gap, have a small-ish scale IX part one with the Resistance beginning to turn the tide, perhaps a nascent revolution amongst the FO inspired by Finn. Then time jumps to the final showdowns in IX part 2, giving the story points set up in part 1 time to develop.

Darkspellmaster and JoJoPenelli like this.
  13. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I think people hear Part 1 and Part 2 and think "oh here we go again with these" but a IX and X is a cheap and easy way to make two parts out of it.

Build up to that finale and then finish it off. Right now, TLJ was the second part of a set up, not really a lead up to a finale. It put things into play the way ROTS did. It's as if they made ROTS and then closed the entire OT with ANH.

14. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014
    I'd enjoy some lore, but I have no doubts at all that any lore introduced would be divisive in fandom. I can already here how these "Disney hacks" don't understand the Force.

15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    The TLJ trailers set us up for some lore with the Jedi tree and texts. But then we got the "all that textbooks stuff is useless" from Yoda. But THEN we saw the books on the Falcon so we were once again set up for it.

Imagine Rey trying to study study study all that lore and failing. Then she goes with her heart and things work out much better.

16. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    All I know is that I have no clue what's coming for IX and that has me really excited.

17. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    (Luke hadn’t actually read the darned things [face_rofl])

18. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    {{ 2nd Draft That Echos ROTJ and ROTS and incorporates various ideas discussed by others here. }}

Star Wars
    Episode IX:
    REBIRTH OF HOPE

It is a time of renewal for the galaxy.

Years ago the spark of RESISTANCE set ablaze by LUKE SKYWALKER'S legendary actions, have drawn more systems to rebel.

While THE FIRST ORDER struggles to extinguish this fire, there is also trouble within it's own ranks.

LEIA ORGANA and ADMIRAL POE DAMERON journey to a secret meeting on Coruscant to meet undecided leader's critical to shift the balance of power.

Meanwhile as REY's training in the FORCE is nearing completion, she discovers an ANCIENT PROPHECY...

{{ Rough outline, comments & ideas }}

Pan down to a cargo ship exiting hyperspace above the city planet. LEIA ORGANA and ADMIRAL POE DAMERON landing from out of hyperspace, through the clouds at dawn, above the cityscape, deep into the underworld in the lowest depths.

LEIA is seen from behind as Poe Pilots the ship similar to how we saw Obi-wan and Qui-gon in TPM ("tell them we wish to land"). Likewise we see them about to exit - now both incognito with voices distorted behind apparatus the conceals their faces enough to still recognize them (a callback to Leia own bounty-hunter disguise in ROTJ. C3PO and BB8 accompany them.

They approach a giant gate and appear to be turned away. C3P0 pessimistically reprises his ROTJ line "I don't think they're going to let us in!" The door opens and they are led in by a HUTT and assortment of guards. They are in a HUTT BASE where the gangsters are discontent with the direction the FIRST ORDER is going. Thus they are hosting the meeting. POE looks doubtful and comments that he has "A bad feeling..." and "The Hutt's are gangsters!" only to be shssh'd by LEIA with a reassuring motherly glance.

We don't see or hear much more than LEIA unmasking to the astonishment of everyone. The HUTT's admire her for taking down their rival JABBA years ago and respect her greatly. The meeting dialogue is mostly key moments where others restate and sum up what has been discussed as she watches on. The meeting is then cut short by a surprise attack of THE KNIGHTS OF REN. They have been discovered! REN has felt her presence and that "endangered the mission" similar to how Luke had years ago on Endor. Most leader's are taken out - the Hutts force strangled - but LEIA is captured! POE, separated from her, manages to escape to get help.

HUX vs FINN, leading their respective forces into battle over the Endor-like forest planet of KASHYYYK! - CHEWBACCA and ROSE lead a daring rescue and liberation of enslaved wookies! SUPREME LEADER REN is also present. During this battle HUX loses, and FINN's forces escapes to meet POE (and his grim report). Up until now they had been making progress in sparking rebellions, uprisings and "freeing slaves".

This escape leads to even more tension between REN and HUX who bicker and blame each other. It is only a matter of time before they clash one final time. HUX has ambitions to take over leadership and now uses LEIA as leverage over him! It is revealed that REN's hesitation to destroy her in the previous movie was reported by his Tie Fighter wingmen who pulled the trigger. Flight records also verify this. He is also accused of being seen as weak and distracted as an erratic madman. "The FIRST ORDER needs strong and stable leadership!" When REN force goes to force choke HUX he fails to do so and realizes that the now FORMER KNIGHTS OF REN have been turned against him (countering his grip with a mimed gesture of opening a closed hand)!

REN backs down and manages to stay in leadership for the time being. HUX says he still needs him because he does not want to disturb the already fragile FIRST ORDER already rumbling with discontent even among the STORM TROOPERS. REN is unable to harm HUX and still has feelings for his captive mother. They are stuck with each other - for now.

KYLO goes into meditation and is tormented spiritually by some dark presence seeking to consume him all these years since TLJ. Seeking relief from his torment and pain REN has for years reached out to REY to reconnect, but has been shutout with only brief connections. During which fleeting moments he's found an elusive peace. In vain thus far he has failed to convince her that their destiny is together. He reasons that their union is the only way for their to be true balance of the force and peace in the galaxy where they can rule together. He is obsessed with tracking her down.

In this moment he is shocked to see an apparition of SNOKE who still exists in a dark side disembodied demonic form. All these years he has been gradually influencing KYLO. It was growing harder to resist, and eventually REN will be taken over completely, and SNOKE will rule again. This explains the lapses in judgement in REN's judgement which had jeapordized his control over the FIRST ORDER. SNOKE says he can help despite being betrayed. He says it was part of a master plan to subvert and destroy the Skywalker line by taking over the remaining male heir!

REY has returned to the island and is training with the aide of MAZ KANATA who helps her to understand the ANCIENT JEDI TEXTS (JOURNAL OF THE WHILLS) whose language MAZ is familiar with (e.g. being ancient herself, and also able to fill in history, etc). She believes the answer to ending galactic conflict is contained there. She knows the JEDI order was flawed, but had begun well before going astray. The goal now is to restore where no one has ownership of the force (as per Luke in TLJ explanation), and that it's will is simply to be obeyed in fellowship. This has by and large been self-study and a time of preparation for REY. During this time, despite resisting REN's communications, she realises that it's only a matter of time before REN finds her. Her location is compromised when both she and REN see each other in a shared vision of LEIA's capture!

She also hears something else calling out to her - an ancient relic of the past. LUKE appears to REY with YODA and others to complete her training and teach her the full truth in relation to the relic. LUKE originally discovered during his own period of self-study that led him to SNOKE. He had no idea of the proverbial geni he had let out of the bottle which was able to spark the FIRST ORDER. SNOKE at first was thought to be an PRIME JEDI whose destiny was to aide the Jedi in it's final days (SNOKE's likeness to the mosaic in the 1st Temple and writings appeared to prove his claim). This turned out to be a false prophecy which led to KYLO's turn to the darkside, which LUKE discovered too late.

LUKE admits KYLO still has good in him, but that he's too far down the path to save. REY and she feels she has discovered the true meaning to the prophecy of the CHOSEN ONE to bring balance. She believes that KYLO holds the key. She also reasons that the CHOSEN ONE was never a single individual, but a UNION of THE CHOSEN BEARERS OF LIGHT AND DARK. She leaves the island in Luke's old X-Wing to meet KYLO. "Maybe KYLO was right." She "has to try". She also has feelings for him.

She and KYLO meet, at which point HUX has the FORMER KNIGHTS OF REN hunt them down after discovering that KYLO is communicating with REY who herself is trying to free LEIA.

This leads to a series of battles even cooler than that in which REY and KYLO previously fought alongside in TLJ - now against THE FORMER KNIGHTS OF REN.

During this struggle, in the quieter moments, REY and KYLO grow romantically attatched.

At some point LEIA perishes and this deeply affects KYLO. KYLO is increasingly losing his mind, and REY's presence slows this process down, providing him relief from his pain. He feels guilt for his mother's loss and all the suffering. There are moments when he works with and against REY (even trying to kill her, etc). All the while she continues loves him and wants to save him, no matter what. Eventually she realises that nothing can stop this, and that she has failed.

Then at the darkest and lowest moment LEIA as a force ghost appears to KYLO and without words but rather a loving touch of his face (like HAN did in the moment of his own death in TFA) shows he is forgiven.

In the end KYLO sacrifices himself to save REY and to prevent SNOKE from taking over. This is his last loving gesture to her and "to begin to set things right".

Meanwhile during all this FINN and ROSE manage to put LEGIONS OF STORM TROOPERS into rebellion against HUX! This happens for a number of reasons which converge in one perfect storm:

- Emperial records of all of the orphaned from birth soldiers parents are revealed - in particular their kidnapping and murder of family.

- Weapons dealers aiding both sides as DJ highlighted in TLJ

- FINN own tale and passionate appeal to bring down the corrupt powerhungry HUX and FIRST ORDER - "...because it's the right thing to do"

All this happens in a sequence across the galaxy remenisant of ORDER 66 - only now in reverse.

Now HUX is outnumbered! It's all over for THE FIRST ORDER.

In the epilogue the battle is won REY mourns KYLO and LEIA's loss and fears for the future. MAZ KANATA tends to her, where it is revealed that she is pregnant with the NEXT SKYWALKER TWINS. These TWINS hold the key to the balance of the force. These two are destined to raise a new generation of force sensitives who will not repeat the mistakes of the past and continue balance the darkness and light.

{{Other thoughts and your feedback needed!: This outline is totally doable with regards to Leia's role which is such that we don't always have to see and hear her. They could use a combo of a stand-in actress (Billie Lourd) aged with makeup; costumed and CGI that makes Rachel in Blade Runner 2049 look like amateur hour. The use of her in a ROTJ bounty-hunter disguise allows her a bit more time on the screen and homage to ROTJ in the context of Jabba's Palace revisited as per my opening. I think this is really cool. The use of the Wookie Planet gives Chewbecca a meaningful role and yet another nod to ROTJ. The reverse order 66 is a nod to ROTS obviously. So many idea. Hopefully this works. Tried to play it safe here and not get too CARRIEd away :) }}

19. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    In truth, JJ can bookend this series by thematically tying VII and IX more tightly together.

Resolutions to some of the teases in VII will be very satisfying without too much of a perceived snub to TLJ.

TLJ becomes a growth episode, where characters learn some things, whereas VII and IX combined will be a lot more focused on concluding the Saga.

If JJ successfully ties things off we may judge TLJ a lot differently.

However, if JJ gives us another TLJ, a small, internalised struggle with little to no vision of the Galaxy as a whole, then it will all just seem episodic.

If he does that there will be no epic. Just some mildy entertaining movies fans take or leave.

This series can be elevated massively. It just needs more cohesion.

20. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Even though they play out as 3 different movies (more like Bond or Trek), look at the Dark Knight trilogy. TDKR linked more to BB than to TDK. I could see what you say being right. JJ can of course follow up TLJ but tie some of the themes from TFA to IX (or X if there is one). But the main themes in TLJ can still be used: connections between Kylo and Rey, the spark of hope, the resistance being reduced to the rebellion, jedi texts, outer region allies being contacted, the balance of light and dark, etc. But some of the unanswered questions from TFA (who was snoke and how/when was Ben corrupted, and how Maz got that pesky lightsaber) can bring it around again.

ImpreciseStormtrooper and jaqen like this.
  21. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Alright, a few ideas:

Movie opens up with the main heroes working together as a team on some mission. Rey, Finn, Rose, someone more maybe (Maz?`), arrive on the Falcon and infiltrate a FO installation/ship/whatever. Rey is in the cockpit of the Falcon, we see Kylo trying to contact her through the bond but she is learning to block him out. Rey has a short fight with Kylo where he's blinded by rage and straight up kicks her ass and leaves her badly injured. She'll have to get back in shape to defeat Kylo by the end (someone here suggested something similar to The Dark Knight Rises and I really liked that).

Movie has the Rebellion rebuilding their forces with all their different allies coming together with their different ships (not x-wings, thanks). They all come together for a massive end battle on Coruscant: air battle with Poe, ground battle with Rebel troops, Rey/Finn/Rose lead an infiltration mission into Kylo's palace (I'm imagining something similar to Dooku's dracula castle in TCW.) Big, epic fight between Rey and Kylo where she ends up victorious. Not sure what his faith will be, but I would like seeing him having all the power in the universe yet still not feeling fulfilled. Maybe he'll sacrifice himself or something after realizing he's been a big dummy. Death of a big hero character needs to happen. Bittersweet ending to the trilogy and the Skywalker saga.

Darth Nave likes this.
  22. Albert T

Albert T Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2018
    I’ve watched the recent “Star Wars” movies and, despite feeling that they are beautifully filmed, believe that the new pictures lack the ingenuity of the original trilogy. “The Force Awakens” was a retread of the original and didn’t add very many new ideas, while “The Last Jedi” was, in most respects, a marvelously photographed cobbling of the memorable parts of “The Empire Strikes Back” and “The Return of the Jedi”. I liked the prequels, despite the bad acting and the dismal dialogue, and I see those films as being very imaginative and creative, which I haven’t always found to be the case with the new pictures.

This is my second idea for Star Wars 9, after receiving some excellent constructive criticism for my first idea. I’ll try to explain every-thing that I write, but if I forget some-thing, then just ask me. All right, here we go.

Star Wars

Episode IX

Victory Of The Force

The picture starts with Kylo Ren leading General Hux and the First Order in a raid on the planet Kanos, for more children to train for the armada. Ren encounters a group of Jedi rescuing a child with Force-sensitivity during the raid and pursues them, eventually having a brief light-saber duel with an armored warrior named Kan-Ky Mar, so as to allow the Jedi ship to escape. Before Ren can slay his foe, Mar swears that “the fiend” is coming and he wants revenge for what Ren did to him. Mortally wounded, Mar curses Ren for what he has done to the galaxy and leaps from the ledge into the chasm below, to his death.

On the planet Praetoria, the Praetorian King, Roban Trier, assembles his armada for war, while sending a small set of his guard (these are the same Praetorian Guards from “The Last Jedi”) with a powerful being clad in black armor on the being’s journey to Mustafar. King Roban, who is trained in the Jedi arts by the mysterious being, was aided in claiming the throne of Praetoria by Supreme Leader Snoke long before he died.

The Jedi ship is captured and the Jedi aboard are interrogated, but will not divulge where they emanate from, while the child is sent with the others to the training camp on Stronnar. During this, the First Order receives a distress signal from Mustafar that seems to be from a TIE fighter that has crashed on the surface. When the First Order arrives at Mustafar, Ren senses a presence strong in the Force on the planet and chooses to investigate himself. Ren follows the feeling to Darth Vader’s castle, where Ren encounters the powerful being named Darth Dread, who is a Sith warrior. Armed with the dark-saber, Dread battles Ren in a fierce light-saber duel that forces Kylo Ren to don a damaged set of Darth Vader’s old armor, just to protect himself from Dread’s onslaught. Dread claims his revenge is complete and leaves Ren for dead, after eviscerating Kylo’s Vader armor in the midst of battle. Ren escapes from the planet after Dread has left and is soon captured by a pirate ship and taken to the planet Noirion.

Darth Dread, flanked by numerous members of the Praetorian Guard, takes command of the First Order and is taken by General Hux, who is enthused with his new leader, to where a new Death Star is being built. Hux briefly tells the history of the Death Star until Dread denounces such a weapon as “destined to failure, no matter the design” and has it destroyed. Dread then tortures the Jedi on the command ship, whose names are Kon-Tai Rau, Kaen Yune and Dobaq Lyre, into divulging the location of their home, which is the planet called Eliquoth, in the unknown region.

Mean-while, the “Millennium Falcon” has been captured and loaded onto the pirate ship “Slaughter”, where they are being taken to the planet of Noirion, the epicenter of the criminal syndicates of the Outer Rim. Leia has been put into carbon freeze already and the only remaining members of the Resistance/Rebellion, on account of the attack on the ship to ensure a successful claiming of the Falcon are, Rey, Finn, Rose Tico, Poe Dameron, BB-8, C3-PO, R2-D2, LT. Connix, Chewbacca and the Porg. Once on Noirion, the group is sold to Kiio Nane, a fight promoter who seeks to use Rey in his gladiator league after realizing Rey is trained in light-saber combat. The group soon meets Lando Calrissian, who was undercover on Noirion in an effort to stop a smuggling ring. Kiio Nane discovered Lando’s loyalties to the Republic and kidnapped Lando’s son and daughter, Brock (age 23) and Maxia (age 25) and locked them in a prison, which forced Lando to do the bidding of Nane in return for their safety. Lando agrees to help the group escape and works with the splicer “DJ”, from “The Last Jedi”, to do so.

Rey is sent into the Capatheon, a mechanized arena, and put into a death-match with Kylo Ren, where the two have their lightsaber fight. At the climax of the battle, Rey incapacitates Ren and, with his throat at her blade’s end, refuses to kill him. Kiio unleashes his finest (and cruelest) gladiators to kill the pair, in an attempt to appease the crowd. The Rey/Ren conflict serves as a distraction for the heroes to sneak into the control tower of the prison, where they release the prisoners, including Maz Kanata, and lead a revolt on the city. With the revolution being televised to all of the planets left in the galaxy, Rose has “DJ” hack into the television signal, where Rose urges the people of the galaxy to make one last stand against tyranny. The galactic citizens attack the First Order armadas that have colonized their planets until the FO troops retreat. The heroes begin their escape, but not before trying to rescue Leia, who is still frozen in carbonite. Kiio destroys Leia and her soul (secretly) merges with Connix. Lando kills Kiio and the innocents of Noirion flee the planet with all of the ships available and meet with all of the other citizens of the galaxy who have revolted against the First Order.

Luke contacts Rey telepathically and tells her they need to travel to Eliquoth in the unknown region, which is where the First Order is now going with every soldier they have. To better fight the First Order, Poe Dameron takes Connix/Leia, Brock, Maxia and several others to the planet Mekalokis, home of a large technology industry, which had already built a massive set of armor, weapons and ships for the Republic just before said Republic was destroyed in “The Force Awakens”. After they arrive on Mekalokis, Poe and the crew encounter a hostile droid army who has killed the factory workers and enslaved the planet, led by the mad droid warrior Demethur Krull. The heroes battle the droid army, until they find the old remnants of the Trade Federation droid army from the prequel trilogy and activate them to do battle with Demethur Krull and his army. The heroes win and leave Mekalokis, with the armory now in tow.

As Poe secures the armor and weapons from Mekalokis, Finn leads Rose, Chewbacca, Maz Kanata and DJ to Carceron, a planet that is exclusively and entirely used as a prison for the most notorious and dangerous fiends in the galaxy. At DJ’s suggestion, the group intends to find and free the Clone army from the prequel trilogy, who were covertly imprisoned on Carceron for waging war on the Empire in the early days of Emperor Palpatine’s reign after feeling guilt for killing the Jedi. After rescuing the Clone army, DJ also frees Boba Fett, who escaped the Sarlacc pit from “Return of the Jedi”. DJ is revealed to be Boba Fett’s son, Guro Fett. The prisoners escape from their holding chambers and run amok on the planet. In the midst of the chaos, they are attacked by one prisoner in particular, General Grievous, who actually survived his battle with Obi-Wan Kenobi in “Revenge of the Sith” and was revived, repaired and sold to the warden on Carceron, where he has remained since. Chewbacca battles Grievous and throws him from a balcony. The group and the Clones fight the First Order, who own the prison and the planet, and are able to fly to the planet Stronnar, where they free the pilfered children from the training camp. Before arriving at Eliquoth, Finn and Chewbacca battle Grievous again, who stowed aboard the ship, and jettison him into the cold recess of space.

On Eliquoth, Rey and Ben Solo/Kylo Ren lead the numerous members of the Rebellion into a meeting with the inhabitants of the planet, who are a clan of Jedi that has been gathered since the Empire claimed the galaxy. Made of Jedi from the old order and the numerous youth who had shown Force-sensitivity during the Emperor’s reign and beyond, their leader, Khalis Vaen, insists they can not stay, for the First Order will eventually track them here and destroy their secret society. Khalis doesn’t trust Ben because he is a Skywalker, a family who he now knows descends from the Prime Jedi himself, Lorcan Neykander, whose quest for ultimate power turned him to the dark side. We also finally meet the Knights of Ren, who fled to Eliquoth after the guilt they have in their part in the destruction of Luke’s Jedi academy. Khalis tells Rey that only one person on this planet will help them and Rey, with Ben at her side, goes to the top of Mount Tano to meet him in his domain. Rey and Ben arrive at the top and meet… Luke Skywalker. Luke did not die at the end of “The Last Jedi”, but was instead transported to Eliquoth by the Force itself, with the task of uniting the Jedi of Eliquoth with the galaxy. (Rian Johnson states in an interview that you never hear Luke’s robot hand clank on the ground after he disappears, which would normally happen as that appendage isn’t actually a part of his real body. This is a good way to imply Luke never actually died if asked by the press.)

During Rey’s time on Eliquoth, she finally learns who her parents really were: her mother, Vanella Eaon and her father, Racen Skywalker, Luke’s son. Racen became obsessed with killing Rey when he foresaw her becoming an agent of evil, but when Rey was sent away before he could do so, he killed his wife, Vanella. Racen kills his own mother, who is Luke’s wife Daina Laina, when Daina tries to soothe her son’s rage. When Racen tried to kill Luke, Ben defeated Racen and let him fall to his death from the cliff they had fought on. Ben’s guilt in the murder of his uncle Racen is what creates the rage in him that Snoke exploits to turn him to the dark side.

On Mount Tano, Luke also tells Rey of the seven Jedi Knights who, clad in armor and armed with a light-saber of a particular color, fought and defeated Lorcan Neykander, took away his weapon, the Prime-Saber, a light-saber made with a Kyber crystal of pure white light and the black Kyber crystal from the dark-saber, and separated the two crystals from one another. The first Jedi Knights were Rorar Qane, Manatath Kor, Brusius Veng, Varnasas Tror, Alkona Nier, Zakeer Zala and Darth Vader (his armor is almost identical to Anakin’s version, but made completely of sleek, black metal and without the control pad on the chest). Darth Vader was Lorcan Neykander’s son, who had taken his mother’s last name after his father became a tyrant. Vader, corrupted by his own hubris, created his own Jedi order, the Sith.

Ben meets with Connix in a secluded part of the planet and Connix reveals that Leia resides in her body. Ben and his mother speak to each other and mother forgives son. The souls of the great Jedi of the past surround them, to escort Leia to the Netherworld of the Force. Leia embraces Ben, until Han Solo, his father, is able to appear, where he forgives his son for murdering him. Ben’s guilt is absolved and he is ready to redeem himself in battle.

The First Order arrives at Eliquoth and prepares their battalion for war. Already contemplating a possible rebellion against their masters for many nights, the Stormtroopers refuse to fight the Rebels any longer. Darth Dread reveals that he has a contingency plan in place. The Praetorian army arrives and now replaces the Stormtroopers in battle against the Rebellion. The battle ensues and the following happens:

1. Finn kills Hux after Hux tells Finn his real name… Danis Bane. Finn’s family was slaughtered when he was stolen by the First Order. Finn kills Hux when Hux tries to shoot younglings.

2. Lando dies at the hands of Roban Trier’s son, Prince Nekith Trier.

3. Poe kills Nekith with a light-saber from a fallen Jedi knight that was killed during the battle.

4. Lando’s children destroy King Roban’s Star Destroyer.

5. Darth Dread kills the three Jedi knights who are imprisoned on his ship before the battle starts.

6. Boba Fett dies after killing the general of King Roban’s army, Kanas Bull.

7. Guro Fett leads the Clone troopers and destroys two of the main Praetorian Dreadnaughts.

8. Maz Kanata dies after eviscerating several droid ships.

9. Chewbacca finally beats the hell out of every-thing… and rips arms out of people’s sockets.

10. Luke slays numerous Praetorian guards and kills King Roban.

Darth Dread’s ship lands on Eliquoth and Dread takes the corpse of Snoke to the Jedi temple, where they combine it with the Kyber crystals from the two Sabers (original Light-saber and Dark-saber) and resurrect Snoke, who morphs into a more formidable opponent, Lorcan Neykander. Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren engage Darth Dread, the Praetorian guards and Lorcan Neykander in battle, until only Ren, Dread and Neykander remain. Suddenly, seven armored Jedi Knights wearing the ceremonial armor of the seven first Jedi Knights enter the fray, including Ben Solo wearing the armor of Darth Vader (James Earl Jones is doing the voice in this picture, because if it ain’t broke then don’t fix it). Darth Dread reveals himself as Racen Skywalker and fights Rey, but Ben kills Racen, once and for all. Neykander kills Ben and fights Rey and Luke, who has just arrived at the temple. Neykander reveals that he has lived for centuries in different forms, including as Emperor Palpatine, in order to regain his power and bring order to the galaxy. Neykander willed the Force to create Anakin as the ultimate weapon, a “chosen one”. Luke plunges his light-saber into Neykander’s eternal heart and exhumes the Kyber heart he now has, which is made of the two Kyber crystals. Rey returns the Prime Kyber crystal to its original light-saber chamber and the golden light-saber is reborn. Rey takes her new light-saber and slices the Prime Jedi’s head from his body. Neykander’s soul is captured by Anakin, Ben and the other dead Jedi from all eras and taken to the Netherworld of the Force. The galaxy celebrates the end of the war, while Rey takes her place as a leader in the Jedi, which is now lead by Luke Skywalker. Peace has once again returned to the galaxy and the universe.

kylosympathizer likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I can see that he has not been doing great for the last few years.

Senator Wan and Darkspellmaster like this.
  24. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    Lando sitting behind a desk looking suave would be fairly easy for him to pull off I would think

Senator Wan and Darkspellmaster like this.
  25. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I don't know what in the world I just read above on #471. My head hurts REALLY bad!

Darkspellmaster and Strongbow like this.