main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I like this whole "third party evil" idea, that would cause Rey and Kylo and the two sides to come together against this new enemy. That combined with the hearkening of a new Jedi order arising from a younger generation from around the galaxy is very compelling.

I know I'll catch flak for this, but that setup would work perfectly if they were to introduce (in the new trilogy) a sort of Yuuzhan Vong invasion storyline. Maybe not the Vong SPECIFICALLY, but that concept; taking place maybe several years later, some sort of galaxy-wide threat, coming from outside the galaxy which causes the different factions to put aside their "petty issues" and fight for their very existence.

Powerful stuff.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Gemlake and Darkspellmaster like this.
  2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And that's despite the fact that they were literally cliffs notes.

3. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    *DIEZ!!!*[face_rofl]

4. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    They should save the non-Empire related baddies for a non-Skywalker trilogy (e.g. the one Rian Johnson might do). Even then there should be something to connect them with the darkside of the force. Snoke may or may not qualify as that, and his backstory could open new possiblities for by an Ancient Prequel or Post-Sequel Trilogy era. I am not interested in seeing a totally brand new set of badguys unless it's an ancient foe, or something that can trace it's origins back to the original ancient foes. Snoke and/or his original bad guy team (if he ever was part of one) being a historical Ancient Prequel era and Post-Sequel era baddie would be the smartest move on Disney's part. Everything would be connected more or less.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe even some world building?

6. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I have the feeling that Disney is copying it's own blockbusters here in the ST. In this case it is "Moana". A girl reaches out to heal the world. In Moana's case she at first quarrels with Maui until she's teaming up with him to trick out Tamatoa, the shiny giant crab. Do you remember how Moana detracted Tamatoa's attention while Maui could get back his hook and then they flee? Even the color of Tamatoa's shell was like Snoke's robe. Tamatoa isn't present for the rest of this children's movie and I suppose Snoke to do the very same in Ep. IX. Based on "Moana" I would forecast that Rey will redeem Kylo by giving back to him something. Because Kylo Ren is also Te Ka, the fire demon who has to turn peaceful if not green like Tefiti. I have no Idea if Kylo will survive his redemption or not but he will get redeemed, while Finn will have some crucial technical role again (the rooster which saved the heart of Tefiti in "Moana") in Ep. IX.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Disney has nothing to do with what Rian decides to do. They don't say copy Moana.

8. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    My guess, given we're seeing some of the EU crop up in Rebels and it seems like, at least with JJ he's very into the older stories, I'm pretty sure we'll finally see the Chiss in action, maybe Lando and Wedge as per the allies thing. I also think that we're probably going to see a moment where Ben has to face down what he's become. That my guess here right now. I need some more info, like leaks and stuff to really dig into what's going to happen. the novel may help some what.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am hoping for Lando or wedge, but I am doubting it.

10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The truth is this. Disney classics are based on even older classics by Hans Christian Anderson and others. The stories we see in animated and other forms are adapted versions of those that are more appropriate for families. The original Little Mermaid, Frozen (Snow Queen) and I think Beauty and the Beast are pretty vicious and rather sad. We just finished having our 6 year old read the original Little Mermaid and it was very depressing. That said, you can write the storylines in 1-3 sentences and have a very basic structure to them. Then look at a bunch of movies out there and see how many are actually adaptations of those. For all intents and purposes, SW was influenced by Arthurian legends, LOTR, Kirowsawa, and the basic plotline for ANH followed the basic structure for Wizard of Oz even down to several characters.

And it's not just SW or other Disney stuff. The most recognized nominee at this year's Oscars, Shape of Water, is a different rendition of BatB. And of course we all know about Avatar and Pocohantas (some say Dances with Wolves BUT that is based on the older Pocahantas story).

And when you get right down to it, as long as it's a different telling, there's nothing completely wrong with it. Some of those are the best stories ever told in history and WELL before cinema.

But as far as Moana goes, if there is any parallel to Maui, it is Luke of course. And yes Tafiti COULD be like Kylo but the parallel won't be direct. Influenced? I'm not so sure because it was already headed toward Rey doing something to redeem Kylo.

@The Regular Mustache "cliff's" notes...that was GOOD, real GOOD!!!!=D=

Mostly Handless and NileQT87 like this.
  11. david catterall

david catterall Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2013
    I ADORED The Last Jedi. It was beautiful in every way.

My predictions for Episode IX are

STAR WARS BALANCE OF THE FORCE

Episode IX will open several years after the end of The Last Jedi at General Leia Amidala Organa's State funeral. Naboo or Coruscant?

The state funeral is attacked by the First Order and it turns out to be Fake. A trap set for Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. Leia died and was buried months ago in an unknown resting place having built a large and powerful counterforce known as The New Rebellion.

Billy Lourds character will take a central role to honour Carrie

New force users wake up all over the galaxy

Ren and Rey (Yin and Yang) will be pulled together and torn apart throughout the entire film.

Kylo will be using Vaders castle on Mustafar

The Prime Jedi will be used somewhere. Maybe even the kyber Crystals as a McGuffin

sheri1967 and kylosympathizer like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    @david catterall
    Write up you plot. Submit it to the Competition. It'll be fun.

13. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Ther
    There's a competition? I'm game.
    I

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Look up at the top of this page. :)

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep there is also a thread if you need to ask any questions.

16. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I'm going to do what I can with the outline that I originally posted here (but have since adjusted and edited). I doubt it will be in the appropriate format though.

17. Clint Bevis

Clint Bevis Jedi Padawan

Jan 16, 2018
    My episode IX hopes:
    • Snoke is not dead and is revealed to be Plageus the most powerful dark side user of all time. He learnt the ability to transfer his essence when his physical body is killed when he was toying with ways to cheat death (which ties the sequel trilogy back to the prequel trilogy). Since killing his body will not kill him neither Rey nor Kylo have to power to end him.
    • Rey – kills Supreme Leader Kylo and ends the Skywalker dynasty hence bringing balance to the force because frankly, the family overall were horrific if you look at it from an objective point of view (Anakin: mass murderer (including children), Luke saved his mass murdering father but then tried to kill his nephew for having dark thoughts and feelings and ran away and hid when the galaxy needed him the most, Kylo – just an evil guy. Leia was the only force for good in the family really. But what would you expect when the family was created by Plageus himself).
    • Rey has no parents and is the light side embodying itself to destroy Plageus’ creation
    • Kylo – killed by Rey and his death brings balance to the force because the evil bloodline has been extinguished
    • And as the epic twist and final battle only force ghost Yoda, Luke, Anakin, Qui Gon and Obi Wan have the power to stop the essence of the dark side (Plageus) from continuing to shift bodies and continuing to reek havoc throughout the galaxy so they team up and take him out.

18. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Upon the death of Leia, Ben Solo realizes to his disappointment that the past cannot be "killed". Without Snoke's influence, he is pulled into the realm of remorse and can no longer be convinced that the Dark Side is the path of righteousness. The entire final battle is Ben Solo intentionally leading himself and the First Order into a trap to be annihilated. It is not, however, revealed that this is his intention until the final moments. The audience is lead to believe that he is fighting the rebellion throughout most of the movie.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  19. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Is it wrong if I want phasma to return but like the mountain in game of thrones? Maybe some dark side magic and she's a zombified phasma

Star war likes this.
  20. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I kind of like that idea. Maybe Kylo secretively has something to do with getting the signal out to the allies but nobody can know he did it.

Snoke's influence is not gone. If it were, then Kylo would be just plain evil. Maybe the whole purpose of Snoke influencing him WAS to see that he becomes the ultimate dark side leader and somehow there needs to be a "battle of the consciences" where in the "netherworld" Luke and his allies must fight Snoke and his.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  21. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Luke has apparently passed on, Princess Leia is effectively dead, the Resistance reduced to a freighter full of survivor's and whoever had left D'Qar before the start of Episode 8.
    Unless the First Order televised the battle on Crait on the Holonet there is no legacy nor legend for Luke to pass on because there wasn't anything left and that Broom Boy was just inspired by Rose.
    So will they reveal the Imperial Remaint in revolt after Snoke died and someone released their footage of Luke on Crait?

How would you handle this?

22. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    You did see the end of the movie, yes?
    The kids were re-playing what Luke did on Crait, they weren't inspired by Rose. As such, they already have shown what has happened. The few survivors spread the news of what happened on Crait (and maybe some of the First Order couldn't keep quiet as well) and the story spread like wildfire, inspiring the galaxy to stand up against the First Order. You know, just like stories tend to spread in reality.

The most logical step of IX is to have a bit of a jump in time. TLJ already mentioned that there were still allies of the resistance in the outer regions. It takes time for those to come together and take up the fight. You have to remember that TLJ plays right after TFA, the Republci and its fleet got destroyed basically moments ago. From there it takes qutie a bit for others to get past the shock and come together.
    The First Order has the advantage of already having "mobilized" all forces, but they are hardly unbeatable. They have lost their super-weapon and quite a few of their biggest ships, including their flagship, so while they could be strong enough to take over most of the galaxy because no one is around to take them on right away, they are also weakened to the point that they aren't an overwhelming and unstoppable force.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

24. seasider

seasider Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    My wishful ideas:

-After having their Dunkirk moment on Crait, General Leia and the surviving Resistance fighters have successfully made it to the secret gathering place where those loyal to the Republic have assembled to plan out a D-day like retaliation against the First Order. That gathering place turns out to be what's left of Naboo, a planet that suffered terribly during the "dark times" as punishment for supporting the Jedi and old rebel alliance but managed to survive the recent planet assaults from Starkiller Base. The palace is badly damaged but stable to enough for the Resistance to use as a war room. Leia struggles with being in the throne room as it brings back major flashbacks of Padme's last moments alive and for the first time she's feeling afraid and vulnerable now that she without both Luke and Han. (And yes I am in favor of recasting Leia)

- Rey meanwhile was able gather up all the pieces from Luke's damaged lightsaber and not only managed to construct her own lightsaber but has figured out how to incorporate it into her staff resulting in a Darth Maul-ish 2 bladed saber. As she studies the old Jedi text, she learns that the Jedi Order had a secret protocol that when enacted sends a signal to the Jedi all over the galaxy to seek hiding in undisclosed "safe planets" where they remain until another signal is sent instructing them to report back. This is sort of what Obi-Wan did toward the end of Episode 3. She however has no idea how to send a signal to any surviving Jedi telling them to come out of hiding.

- We see Finn and Rose in the middle of another covert spy mission as they are now members of the Resistance Rogue team (named after the heroic Rogue One mission). After denying, any affection for Rey when confronted by Rose, he is then asked about why he suddenly quit being a stormtrooper and would there be other stormtrooper who experienced the same awakening.

Well that's all I can think of right now.

25. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Star Wars Episode 9: Return of the Republic
    Starts after the Falcon flees Crait.
    Pursued by the First Order they're confronted by an immense fleet of warships the largest is called the Malevolence II!
    It turns out the surviving Separatists were in hiding rebuilding since Palpatine backstabbed them and now after receiving Leia's call for help they've decided it's time they got their own revenge!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018