main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Sober1977

Sober1977 Jedi Knight

Dec 25, 2014
    I do think there is scope for Kylo Ren to have lied to Rai about her lineage. He calls her a nobody and although it carried a nice message in TLJ, it would also be nice if she had a grand history parent wise and hopefully we'll find that out in the second film.

Following the heroic last stand of Luke Skywalker, the Resistance has garnered support from all reaches of the Galaxy

The evil New Order, intent on defeating all who oppose their tyrannical regime, have imprisoned a new generator of force users

However the will of the force is strong and former slave RAI is on a mission to spread the word of the JEDI and lead an army with the help of her friends.

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016

Krueger likes this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Hoping for Luke, too. If Yoda appears again and if he must be a puppet, I’m sorry, I really hope they work on his look. He looked very off in TLJ.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Why would Yoda give that compliment and not Luke? I don’t buy it.

5. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    um, considering the people involved in this story group, i 110% buy it.

6. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Huh? What does that mean? I don’t know much about the story group.

7. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I think Hux is going to turn on Ren somewhere near the end of the movie and Ren will end up switching sides. They won't say he turned from the Darkside and he will still be known as Kylo Ren. He will help the Rebellion then will disappear at the end. Just an idea.

Doom_Buggy, Birkendoc and Krueger like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Bathrooms will play a key role in IX. We haven't seen any thus far.

JoshieHewls likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Maybe luke shows up later in the talk between Yoda and Rey so its more of a surprise?

10. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, I’m really starting to think that Kylo Ren will make it out of Episode 9 alive. I think he may be the one who will end up getting the “walking off into the sunset” ending. I can even see Rey giving her life to save him, although I don’t know how that would go down.

dlbates likes this.
  11. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    Does this confirm at least a year time skip between movies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    There is no way that this ends with Rey sacrificing herself for Kylo who walks off into the sunset...

That would be the ending that makes all the children sad in the theater. If the aim is crying children, yes they'll um do that.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    That wouldn't surprise me. The end goal for the Resistance is to stop the First Order. If they need to accept Kylo Ren's help to do it they probably will.

I'm guessing Ep. 9 will follow the standard blockbuster formula:

Act I: The Resistance achieve a minor victory.
    Act II: The Resistance suffer a setback.
    Act III: The Resistance win.

If that's the case I'm guessing that in Act I the Resistance will acquire a McGuffin that is supposed to help them defeat the First Order. Then in Act II the McGuffin plan falls apart. That's perhaps when Kylo shows up and offers his help. With no other options left the Resistance, (or perhaps just Rey) accepts Kylo's help.

oncafar likes this.
  14. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    The Rey bit, I admit, is a bit of a stretch. But I can definitely see them keeping Ren alive.

oncafar likes this.
  15. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    You're probably pretty close to hte mark.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    We might also get a lightsaber duel out of it. Kylo shows up. Rey and Kylo duel perhaps Kylo even gets the upper hand but then he deactivates his saber and tells Rey he’s there to help.

17. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I wanna see someone pull down or freeze a capital ship with the force like Starkiller did in the game.

Pete Ren likes this.
  18. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Hux spending the whole movie in the bathroom with mudbutt confirmed.

19. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I get that, but to end the saga the story needs closure and that would mean implying that the Force has finally achieved a more permanent balance than it did before and everyone can go happily into the binary sunset.

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    That has already happened though. As far as the story goes the Force was in balance for tens of thousands of years. For all we know it had been in balance for millions of years or never had been out of balance before.

We just don't know but in terms of the story of Star Wars as we know it the Force was in balance during the Jedi and Republic era which covers some 25,000 plus years.

Whatever exactly that balance means it only went out of balance the one time that we know because of the Sith and the events seen during the PT. The Jedi prophecy foretold of a time when the Sith would put the Force out of balance and a Chosen One would bring balance back. We saw the culmination of that story.

Anakin was the Chosen One, he destroyed the Sith and the Force was returned to balance. The most obvious storyline is that while balance itself is now restored that doesn't mean that Darkness can't rise and shift the balance to the Dark side. Clearly that has happened before as the Sith did in some form or fashion rule the galaxy (as Sidious said in ROTS):

Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy and we shall have peace.

Yet thought the Sith "ruled" the Force was not out of balance, there was no Chosen One needed to destroy the Sith. Although it shifted to the Dark the Force itself was still in balance. Only when it was out of balance was the Chosen One called into existence (by whatever means) to correct it.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  21. Pete Ren

Pete Ren Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2017
    It should been Luke, at the beginning of TLJ after the First Order arrive above his planet.

He pulls it down into the sea!

Should have been a terrific moment and shows Rey what her potential could be. Oh well...

22. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    That is possible. Going from the films alone though, it's implied that the Force became unbalanced due to the Sith existing period. Which would mean that the Force was unbalanced for thousands of years. I know Wookiepedia says differently, but I think if the new canon ever dips into the ancient past of the Star Wars story, then we'll discover that the Force was out of kilter for much longer than we thought. That's my gut feeling anyway because if we take our own myths and religions as examples, Chosen Ones, Messiahs etc are forecast to put the world back to how it was intended before evil came into the world.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Force is in balance. It's the Jedi themselves that need to attain that balance to stop the cycle of conflict between the light and the dark.

Palp_Faction and Birkendoc like this.
  24. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    Had a few thoughts...I think there should a time jump but not too long, maybe 6 months. Kylo is obsessed with tracking down what's left of the Resistance (especially Rey, obviously). Hux thinks he's wasting time and resources and wants to get on with tightening their grip on the galaxy as he sees the Resistance as basically an irrelevance. He sees Kylo becoming increasingly obsessed and losing focus, and he sees a chance to use this against him in the struggle for control of the FO.

Meanwhile the Resistance is struggling to recruit support, as most of their potential allies have either aligned themselves with the FO or are too scared to stand against them. The Resistance has to resort to recruiting mercenaries (with the obvious potential for betrayal or desertion), maybe they also manage to pick up a few over-zealous idealists or extremists. As both movies so far have begun with Poe embarking on a risky mission, maybe this one could start with him going somewhere dangerous to try and recruit military support from some shady mercenaries or dangerous warlord.

With the Resistance being so small in number, it's easy for them to 'disappear', and as the FO showing up looking for them with their Star Destroyers and stormtroopers is never going to be subtle, it's easy for the Resistance to see them coming and slip away. So Kylo sends the Knights of Ren to hunt them down (I could see them being a bit like the Ring Wraiths in Lord of the Rings). It would also be a way of having a constant threat and some decent fight scenes earlier in the film without needing the inevitable Kylo v Rey confrontation too early.

No idea where the actual story could finish up, but I think Kylo will not exactly be redeemed, but will sacrifice himself in a way which helps bring about the destruction of the FO. I liked the idea that someone mentioned a while ago of Kylo going down with the Falcon.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  25. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Hey, Chiznuk extended the deadline for the IX treatment until May. You should totally enter this!