main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    again some bias here....the skywalker family is an essential part of the narrative in the ST. This doesnt mean that a new comer, non-skywalker cant be the main protagonist and the key to all this.

It seems we are going towards an overall tragic story for the skywalkers once all is said and done. Could drive some fans crazy but i like this idea. ep9 will be about the two sides of the same coin. Rey and Kylo Ren. One is a biologic Skywalker/Solo, the other is not but carries the torch from Leia/Luke. A battle for the Skywalker legacy.

2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I believe if they were going to continue with the Skywalker story, there should always be a Skywalker at the center of it. I believe they are transitioning away from it, that's why Rey is not related to them.

It all depends on what they do with Kylo IMO. Maybe they want to keep with alive to leave the door open to more Skywalkers at some point.

3. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    p
    just my feeling but it seems to me that ep9 is where the Skywalker story ends once and for all. Moving to Rey unrelated marks the end of this narrative.

That being said i dont think there'll be others movies with Rey, Finn or Ben/Kylo Ren if he's alive. I feel that a big time jums is necessary at this point for the movies, like 200, 1000 even 10000 years ..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Darth_Bertie likes this.
  4. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Now that is a really awesome and original idea. Disney and LFL, take note. That could also potentially be a way of explaining why Rey is so powerful. I like it a lot.

5. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    That would be my guess as well. However, to properly close the Skywalker Saga, I would say the Skywalkers need to go. That's why I believe Kylo will die in IX.

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I’m thinking Rey might be a Skywalker and/or Kylo will survive and people will be all, “WTF I thought they said they were ending the Skywalker saga?!?!”

7. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I would end up thinking they should had heard Yoda's words: "D or do not. There is no try".

8. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    My point was that they can end the Skywalker saga without killing off the Skywalker’s. The end of a particular storyline about a specific family does not have to equal the end of a family bloodline and fans should keep that in mind.

9. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    That's hardly ending anything. But leaving the door open for further continuations. This is Hollywood, the can always do that if they want to. When the only living Skywalker will be Kylo (assuming Leia will be gone, which she will IMO), I find it hard to justify keeping him alive just for the sake of some fans not feeling the door closed.

The other characters will probably end up living and being available for further stories continuing the Skywalker Saga.

10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe they keep him alive because it works best for the story and future stories.

11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Probably more likely Rey is Schmi Skywalker fated to get pregnant then left with amnesia on Tattooine to give birth to Anakin...

Immortiss likes this.
  12. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    A long time ago in a microbiotic world far far away...

13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    At the end of the movie the FO finds where the Resistance are hiding and they’re right about to wipe them all out but the good guys rally and save the day. Shocker.

14. bweurk

bweurk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 11, 2018
    What if they just said they were ending the Skywalker saga so the audience will think anything is possible in episode IX.

15. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Twist prediction! The FO think they have the upper hand on the Resistance. They find the Resistance seemingly caught by surprise. Hux and the FO think they’re about to wipe out the Resistance. But wait! It’s a trap! Hundreds of ships appear out of light speed and have the FO surrounded. A massive space battle breaks out. The audience goes wild.

ETA: Maybe we’ll learn that Leia was the one that got the reinforcements to show up and help save the day.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  16. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    If the reinforcing ships all have "Deus ex machina" written on them on Auremesh then I'm in!

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  17. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Honestly, I'm getting the impression they feel Kylo's death will work best. Afterall...if he is the last of the Skywalker bloodline it makes it clear that there will be no more heroes from that line in future tales. Now...anyone can be the protagonist and they don't have to contrive some way to link them back to a bloodline that's not relevant to the story they are currently trying to tell.

18. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I guess that will depend on whether they are trully commited to end the Skywalker bloodline. Mark has already said there are no more Skywalkers in the story (as Ben has the Solo surname), but that does not mean they will erradicate the bloodline entirely.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  19. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Except that's based on a conceit that only they thought of in the first place which really doesn't make sense anyway.

Anyone can be the protagonist is already a given. As it happens in the particular story of Star Wars Anakin was the Chosen One who fell to the Dark side and was redeemed by his son who became the hero that Anakin never quite was. In the end Anakin chose to be the Chosen One and destroyed the Sith (himself and Darth Sidious) and so brought balance to the Force.

That is the actual story. Anything that any future Skywalker or someone from the Skywalker line would do is there own thing. They aren't Chosen Ones who will balance the Force. Luke wasn't either but he inspired his father to do so.

That story is over so no story is relevant to that. So unless in this last movie they actually tie into it then this trilogy, which is already so disconnected from Lucas' story anway, is simply virtually entirely ignoring the story told over 6 movies anyway.

We've already seen the very odd take they've had with regards to somehow Force users not being Skywalkers is supposed to be some revelation never mind all Jedi, Sith or Force users ever before that!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  20. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Wait so if not all Jedi have to be Skywalker’s does that mean that Yoda, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Qui Gon, and all the other Jedi we’ve seen aren’t related to the Skywalker’s and that to make such a claim and to present it as a new groundbreaking concept would be total and complete nonsense?

What’s next? Lightsabers that aren’t blue?!?:p

21. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    hmmmm......the 6 previous movies clearly put the in mind of the audience that the Skywalker blood is the "chosen one"....TLJ never tried to say that non-Skywalker can't be Jedi, that's non-sense, but that the "solution" to the conflict might come from someone who is not from this familiy line, something that a lot of people didn't think of since the storyline so far was focused on the Skywalkers as those who save/destroy the galaxy.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    bluealien1, Darth_Bertie and rorow1 like this.
  22. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I hear ya but my comment is more about how some people talk about Rey being a non-Skywalker Jedi like it’s a new concept that hasn’t been done before. They’re like, “finally a Jedi that isn’t a Skywalker! What a game changer!” That POV is something I don’t understand since we’ve had a lot of stories about non-Skywalker Jedi before.

11-4D and The Last Cookiemonster like this.
  23. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    So...the Skywalker family must be rescued by a girl who’s like the Skywalkers in every way but actual genetics?

That sounds...really odd to me.

24. Elizabeth Mattos

Elizabeth Mattos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2018
    Exxxtra special non-Skywalker girl swoops in and becomes the ultimtate hero of the Skywalker saga sounds like self-insert fanfic.

[​IMG]

25. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    The SG won’t even confirm she’s not a Skywalker.

Because, y’know, Reasons.