main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode Three

Discussion in 'Archive: Dalton, GA' started by ArellaSolo, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArellaSolo

ArellaSolo Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Oh my...it broke my heart. Absoutely broke my heart.

2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    On so soon, my dear? :) It broke my heart, too!

3. ArellaSolo

May 17, 2005
    Haha, yes, of course! Had to make my rounds before bed. :D

4. FettHead_71

FettHead_71 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Great movie!!!!!!!!! The best since Empire IMO.I loved it! I almost started to cry when Order 66 was executed! And I wanted to see the jedi die!It was so sad.I couldn't believe it upset me so much.I also loved seeing Palpatine in action.He's a bad@$$!Great movie can't wait to see it again.

5. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    It was excellent! Hayden's acting was revised about a hundred points up from last time. He still wasn't excellent (but then again, when you've got people like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Sir Alec Guiness as your predecessors, anything you do is going to look pale in comparison). Natalie wasn't quite as improved as Hayden, but I could still tell a difference.

I think it's defintely the best of the prequels. Hands down. :) IMO, anything in the OT is better, just because it is the OT and the acting was so, so, so much better.

I only have two real problems with RotS, the first being that the twins were so young when Padmé died. Leia was supposed to remember her.

"Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?"

"Just a little bit. She died when I was very young."

Even if we do "think of the whole Saga relating to that issue in context" (Or something like that--I think Rick McCallum said something to that effect, trying to justify Padmé's early death.) it still doesn't make sense. In RotS, Padmé died right after Leia was born. There's no way anyone could remember his or her mother if she died just two minutes after the birth. *irritated*

The other problem I have with RotS is the way Anakin turned so quickly. He went from being repentant and weepy after Mace Windu died ("What have I done?") to being Lord Vader within five minutes. I don't get that. :confused:

Anyway, despite all that, it was a great movie. I LOVED all the lightsaber battles. I do say, though, I expected Grievous to be a bit bigger than he was. ;)

Did you know that they left some of the best lines from the book out of the movie? One of my favorites is when Grevious tells Obi-wan he's been trained in lightsaber combat by Count Dooku.

Obi-wan then proceeds to tell him something along the lines of: "Well, what a coincidence. I trained the man that killed him." Hee! *huggles Obi-wan*

6. FettHead_71

Apr 10, 2005
    Yeah the Leia thing bugged me to.Maybe Leia was talking about her adoptive mother.Thats how I explain it away in my mind anyway. And about Anakins fast decent to the dark side...after turning aganist Mace and helping Palpatine what did he have to lose.There was no turning back after that.

7. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Meh, it still could've been done with a bit more...I dunno...explanation is the wrong word. Development, I guess, is the word I'm looking for. To someone who isn't overly familiar with Star Wars (like us) it could look contrived because it happened so fast.

8. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Nice username. Say 'Goodbye', slime-bucket.

:)

Sage H.

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *raises eyebrow* All right then. I'll just contact a moderator and we'll be done with this.

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    What have we done to you? Don't you have something better to do with your time?

11. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I induldge in a hobby that really isn't any of your business. I suggest you find one suitable to yourself and leave us in peace.

12. FettHead_71

Apr 10, 2005
    Uh What's going on?Did I do something or is this about Sage? I am a little confused.

13. ArellaSolo

May 17, 2005
    I'm a little confused too. =/

14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Sorry, guys. We had someone log on from the high school during the code yellow yesterday (someone in my class, I think) and start harassing me and using realy offensive language. The reason you're confused is that I asked a mod to intervene and that mod deleted his posts, so it looks like I'm having a conversation with myself. ;)

15. ArellaSolo

May 17, 2005
    Ah. Don't you just wanna smack obnoxious morons like that? *rolls eyes*

16. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes, especially since the IP ban means no-one can log on from NHS at all anymore. :( *irritated*

17. FettHead_71

Apr 10, 2005
    Oh I see,it was probably some stupid jock.Sorry but I hate sports and always have.well except skateboarding.Anyway enough about that. I am going to see Sith this weekend with my Mom.Man this is gonna be cool shes who took me to see Star Wars in 1978.I can also remember her taking me to see Empire we had to stand in the rain for an hour just to get tickets.Its like the circle is complete or something.I promise not to cry( I hope) man its gonna be hard.Star Wars just brings up so many emotions in me,My girlfriend thinks its crazy.Of course this is coming from a person that crys during every lifetime movie.LOL

18. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I've seen it three times already. If you think you might cry, you most defintely will. There are many, many tear-jerker moments.

Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

19. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    Wow. That did look like it was a fight with me. Ha. No, I assure you, Emmi and I are friends who play nice. Well, mostly nice. :p

Anyway, I saw the Toad's posts first and contacted our RSA to 'handle' it. By the looks of it, so did Emmi.

Sage H.

20. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, I like Sage too much to be mean to him. In fact, it was once rumored that I was madly in love...[face_plain]

21. Sage_Halcyon

Mar 3, 2002
    I REMEMBER THAT!

:D

Sage H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.