main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Episode Two Music Video- Now up***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MacGyver635, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Well... it wasn't really a music video as much as Star Wars action scenes put to music. It just seemed like you cut together 4 different full length action scenes and replaced the sound with 3 songs.

For future reference, I have my music video here. And there was also a very nicely done Star Wars music video about 5 months ago where he used footage from all the trailers and some EP. I footage. I still have it on my computer because I like it so much.

2. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    I thought the music worked pretty well with the visuals. Too bad it was 16:9 being played back at 4:3. That was the worst part. A nice change from the standard John Williams score. Not that there's anything wrong with his score, but this just gave things a different feel.

Oh, and what was the 3rd track? There were some sounds in there similar to those used by the Chemical Bros.

3. SkywalkerG

SkywalkerG Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    I like the idea of a music video but it just wasen't done right. It seemed like prior post have said... as if someone just put there favorite action scenes together and put music over it. The music rarely went with movie. It failed to keep my attention. I'd prefer watching the action scenes chapter by chapter on the dvd.

I think if you give it another shot. it will come out great. For now, its just music with star wars action scenes... not a music video.

4. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    Avene- it is the chemical brothers, a song called My Elastic Eye. Good Call

Heres a couple i remember very clearly

the naboo ships flying in

anakin hiting the bugs off padme

obiwan getting shot off the droid

obiwan getting hit with the missle

jango landed on the ground after being kicked

the bomb in the ateroid field

alot of the movments of obiwans fighter whens hes avoiding the tracking missle go to music

when he goes around an asteroid

when anakin all crazy comes on the screen you can hear kurt screaming in the backround

the drums go to the droids blowing

anakin on the conver belt when he rolls

jango pulling out his gun

a couple times the ackley hits the ground

the jedi igniting their lightsabers

singer says "oh no" right when mace jumps up

piano goes when dropship fires and when the sonic blaster

anakin hitting a droid, anaking turns his head

two more of ob1s hits

padme shooting

first three of maces blocks before he jumps

ob1 blocks a shot right after a bass

trebor coleman or whatever when he gets killed

roller droids shoot missles timed

jango gets his head cut off timed

jangos helmit hits the ground twice just as the bass hits twice

roller droid misslse hitting thing

"spide web and its me in the middle" jeid in the middle

"so i twist and turn" shows a jedi turn sideways and padme and anakin falls sideways

the first shot anakin deflects when he gets up goes at the same time as a bass

when camera pans from droids to jedi he starts singing obi1 blocks lasers to music before killing ackel

hits ackley to music

then stabs it in the head to music

ob1 stands up and its just him and in the song its just the singer

singer says "weeeeeebbbb" and the smoke is blwing towards them

as soon as padme and anakin start fighting the music comes back

theres more then that but those are the one that anyone should be able to tell

the lightsaber fight alot of the hits go with the bass in the begining and the music goes through three changes as does the fight

theres music for ob1 fihgting music for anakin and music for yoda

he music rarely went with movie... ^^ i mean you have to be kidding me did you actually watch it or are you blind

5. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    "yeah, but anything about the video to which this thread is supposed to be devoted? "

What was the video source?

And no, I am not blind - neither are the other guys who feel the music doesn't go with the visuals - it doesn't.

You need to learn to take constructive critism - not just post something and expect 100% praise.

6. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    i didnt capture the video i just downloaded it from someone else

i except your opinon and what you say about the visuals that fine

but saying their were not many things they went with the music is just wrong

7. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    Winter Chili, ok, I assume that's off their most recent album which I still haven't got around to buying yet? I keep meaning to grab a copy but always end up buying a DVD instead.

8. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    no no

its off their new greatest hits album

9. SkywalkerG

Apr 22, 2000
    Alot of things may of went with the music.. but ALOT More other things didn't.

I'm saying another shot at it will generate a better video.

10. winter_chili

Nov 6, 2002
    not to see too bitter but i bet you couldnt do it you shouldnt except everything to go with the music thats impossible, except if you wrote music for the footage

11. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    You are really looking at this the wrong way. Do you understand my comment that what you did was more 'star wars put to music' and not a music video?

It just felt like you stuck 4 scenes of the movie, one after the other, and threw a sound track underneath it.

12. SkywalkerG

Apr 22, 2000
    You wanna put something on that bet?
    Give me a week to actually begin. Sorry my computers still in the shop for service. Techinical service was off for christmas and new years... but as soon as i get it back... I'll take you up on that bet if need be.

The only problem i'd have is getting the footage. I'd prob have to connect a dvd player directly to my analog capture card.. it'd be a pain. But if you dont want to take another stab at it and want to encourage me to. I guess I'll settle it.

The music is cool but possibly not the best choice for the given video selections you decided on. It did not flow with most of the scenes.

A suggestion would be to capture the actual video of the band and interweave footage with the star wars movie. Giving more of the traditional music video feel instead of just action scenes from a movie.

If no video can be accessed perhaps make stand ins to pretend to be the band. Its lame but the only other way if not having actual foootage of the band.

Dress them up as Jedi.. kinda like Wierd AL perhaps. Put them into some of the scenes... like the U2-TombRaider music video.

Ps. My other computer i ment. Right now im on my old pos 450 K6-2 =(

Honestly i think you can pull off a better version and show us up. Right now. Its a great first attempt.

Also another hard part about movie making is considering different point of views. The beats that you listed earlier are easily noticed by you because its what you see and created, as for others they may not see it unless directed too it.. *example* your list. Most of your cues should be ovious to the viewer to see, hear, react to and enjoy. They shouldn't have to go loooking for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.