main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII and... The Netherworlds?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HegoDamask, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Please don't tell us you think a Wookiepedia entry will have any impact on the storyline decisions of the current production team. I'm not saying they're going to bring him back, but if they wanted to they could do anything they darn well want to. He doesn't even have to be Muun if they choose.

Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I keep thinking the title of this thread is Episode VII and....the Netherlands.

HegoDamask and Dra--- like this.
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Plagueis big thing was achieving immortality so age wouldn't come into it. Or check the post just above yours JediGirl_Angelina for the more "humourous" explanation. ;)

4. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    So it's settled then... Vader will return! ;)

5. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    For the record, I don't want any of these so called Sith lords of the past to come back, wookiepedia reference or not. I just checked the entry about muuns because we were talking about them and commented above. I still think it's a bad idea to bring somebody back as a living entity who is told us in the saga by one of its prominent figures (Palpatine) that he was killed long ago. That does not make any sense. How would you explain that to the audience who is generally not that familiar with the EU?

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    It's not?

By the way, fellow fans, the ignore button is your friend. Since I began using it, all sorts of unfriendly creatures just disappeared from my screen. :)

Darth_Pevra and StoneRiver like this.
  7. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

All good, I wasn't having a pop. And FWIW, Palpatine can be fooled. Palpatine does lie.

An explanation can be delivered with one line of exposition:
    Plagueis (to the heroes) - "You cannot destroy me, I am eternal. My apprentice thought the way you do and he was wrong!"
    (I know my wording is naff, but I'm not a script writer ;))

But to stay on topic, IF they go with immortal Plagueis I think it will only be in the Netherworld that he can be properly defeated (somehow)
    (Yes, I know I'm repeating myself but I had to make the post relevant :p)

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  8. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    Nah, It's fine.

But (if we go strictly by the movies, not taking any of the books in account) was Plagueis really immortal? Palpatine said he could stop the people he cared about from death but not himself, and that hiw own apprentice killed him in his sleep. That pretty much is a closed case for me. Of course they still can pull an explaination out of the bag that he was hiding/sleeping/hibernated/*insert whatever* somewhere in the galaxy for 80+ years but that kind of sound... stoopid. :/

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Okay, maybe it sounds stupid, but this is Star Wars we're talking about. Space opera based on fantasy and myth elements more than pure sci-fi. We already have eternal Force ghosts, and we have Vader who probably should have died from his injuries but was kept alive by being turned into a cyborg. We have thousands of clones that show someone could potentially live forever if they were able to transfer their consciousness into a clone. Let's be a wee bit careful about what's impossible in this sort of world. :D

I forgot General Grievous. He was basically only a brain, heart, and lungs. That's kind of silly until you see it on screen.

10. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

Well just from the movies, we just don't know. Also, my last post was going strictly by the movies. It becomes stronger when you use the novel, but everything I said above doesn't need the book and just evolves from what we know in the film saga.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, at this moment in time Plagueis is Schrodinger's Sith. And until the ST is done he will remain that, with both views (immortal/dead) having merit. Hell, even Sidious could be considered the same. (not my preference) :)

Yeah, the Netherworld, the setting of a final confrontation, just not a confrontation as we understand one to be? (no lightsabres, no physical fighting)

Dra--- likes this.
  11. JediGirl_Angelina

Jan 12, 2003
    Point taken, guys and girls, let's just agree to disagree. ;)

Imho, it was silly on screen too....

12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    You bring up a great point. The thing that's interesting is that Palpatine invoked the story of Plagueis himself. He's the one who brought him into this darn thing in the first place. He should have just told Anakin that he was sure the Sith knew how to save people from dying. Why did the writer decide to be specific and use a story called the Legend of Darth Plagueis the Wise? That's a good question.

When Palpatine says that Plagueis's apprentice murdered him, do we take him literally, or do we view it as him referring to himself in the third person? If we believe Palpatine, then Plagueis did have the power over life and death, but believed, for some reason, that he couldn't apply this power to himself. What makes him believe this? Obviously Palpatine believed Plagueis to be dead, but considering immortality, that doesn't really matter and, in fact, bolsters the case for his return. I believe it well established in the films that Palpatine over estimates his enemies. If Plagueis was his Master and Palpatine murdered him, then it is entirely possible that he underestimated Plagueis's abilities. Not a certainty, but possible. In fact, Plagueis should be dead at this point in the story, if he were to return.

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Gremlins won't disappear though. Gremlins from the Netherlands.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Where do the Mogwai come from?

15. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Anakin, don't kill the younglings!!! It's not the mogwai

Dra--- likes this.
  16. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    What if the Mogwai are the descendants of Yoda's species and Ewoks? :eek:

...and the Gremlins are the result of the Dark Side of the Force flowing through them!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mystery_Roach and purplerain like this.
  17. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The Dark Side... fried chicken... I guess it's all the same. Just don't let them go to Kamino. Or Tatooine if you want to keep them alive.

18. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013

And the Clamp Building would totally fit in on Coruscant!

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Every single movie is part of an established and confusing continuity!

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    podjazd at the SWTV forum watched a trailer of the upcoming TCW bonus content at some Star Wars Artists event in Poland, and had this to say regarding the Yoda arc (I picked out the most pertinent quotes):
    rezpen noted that this arc may have repercussions regarding Episode VII, and I suspect there are aspects of it that may well foreshadow key plot points in the ST. I'm thinking that the first quote may refer to a Force illusion summoned by a long-dead Sith Lord, or even a Sith spirit! Most certainly the planet is Korriban, as I've said many times before. Will we see it in the ST? The second quote seems to refer to the enigmatic Netherworld of the Force. If true, then I think that George Lucas might well have written in some clues to the theme of exploring the mysteries of the Force in the ST here in the bonus episodes. I think it will be very interesting to watch these episodes, whenever they are released, with an eye toward looking for clues of the ST's plot.

21. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Mogwai are from Glasgow in Scotland.

Krueger likes this.
  22. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Great band.

23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    This will be very interesting to say the least. It's also the last direct involvement Lucas had in approving SW content, aside from EPISODE VII. Apparently Filoni is the go to for REBELS. The next few years are going to be very interesting.

I don't know if we'll see the Netherworld, but it may invade the GFFA.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Possibly seeing the Netherworld of the Force could be fun. Don't know how they will do it but will be fun if they do.

Immortiss likes this.
  25. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013

What about if he's eating in an airplane, and they cross the time zone?