main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII and... The Netherworlds?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HegoDamask, Aug 16, 2013.

1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Saw the first Pirates and no more.... Didnt like it.

I think you dropped a tag or something becasue I never said, or would say, andthing about a White Vader. Terrible thought.

For the record, I want this ST to be the final trilogy in this Saga, and if I had it my way, that only ghost we would see would be Luke in VII and IX, but I dont think thats whats coming.

2. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I think it would be more interesting if Sidious would be the only charchter knowledgeable about this bridge.

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Military operations are politically motivated. Not mixing up anything. The politics are not discussed in detail in the OT, but most of what goes on is certainly political strife.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yea, but it still doesn't fit the commonly accepted definition of "political scene". If you want to be understood then please explain better what you mean.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It makes perfect sense to me.

Apophis_ and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Then you can explain to me why Valorum is voted out of office when in fact both the bureaucrats and the mighty trade federation are interested in keeping him in power?

7. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Just because I would support the scoops does not mean I would want to see it on screen.
    Vader returning as a villain in any form would pretty much ruin the story of Episodes IV-VI.
    It would not be well received and besides being uncreative it would make Disney's new movies appear as just cash grabs.

Episodes I-III - Anakin grows in power, turns to the Dark Side and murders children, etc.
    Episodes IV-VI Vader continues his acts of terror until Luke helps him back from the dark side.
    ......now Lucas intended to finish the saga with Episode VI so Vader and Palpatine die and we have the Ewok celebration.
    But 4.5 billion dollars to Lucas later, the story that ended with Episode VI suddenly has to continue, so necessarily what seemed like definitive resolutions of certain storylines must be unraveled for the tale to go on.
    So now Episode VII-XI ....Anakin must atone for all the death and destruction he caused from the attack on the Jedi Temple onwards..
    hurling Palpatine is not enough...so I figure he returns to make up for it and fulfilling the "prophecy" by Episode IX.
    How could Anakin be resurrected?
    Wait a second, wasn't his father the Force itself?

There's another story about some guy who had no physical father and came back from the dead.
    And not just the obvious one - but there are other myths with the same story.
    I wonder how many of you have read Joseph Campbell.
    Comparative mythology was a huge influence on you know who.
    Anyone read Hero with a Thousand Faces?

Resurrection fits into the Star Wars saga very nicely.

Osiris-Jesus-Mithras-Anakin comes back.

Anakin may be in the underworld right now (those of you with the Jedi Hell/ netherworlds ideas would figure here)....but the hero always returns/

Get ready...maybe someone will let the Cool Kids know that Vader is back...

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You know MiamiJedi you rail against El Mayimbe and his scoops but aren't you kind of guilty of the same thing? You're throwing out plotlines like you know what the story is and yet you have nothing to back it up other than... Disney wants to make money.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Because the Invasion of Naboo made others take action, no matter how the bureaucrats and the Trade Federation voted.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Let's keep this thread on the topic of E7 and then Netherworlds.

The Hellhammer and Dra--- like this.
  11. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    The single reason Palpatine secretly orchestrated the invasion of Naboo was to create a sympathy vote to allow him to become Chancellor, or at least make it seem feasible to outsiders since he likely had tons of Senators in his pocket already. His plan began to unravel when Padme didn't turn out to be such a wuss afterall, but by then the damage had been done. Hope that clears up TPM :) EDIT: posted while manager was writing, sorry up there

12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I get all that. But I don't want to get any further into it because of thread derailment.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Anyway, the netherworld...blah. The "further" you push out true "death," the less dramatic the impact of corporeal death.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That was already being pushed, back in '77 when Luke heard Obi-Wan's voice after good ol' Ben took a saber to the neck. Not to mention him appearing in the next movie. And the one after that. And Yoda too.

15. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, "luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" kind of runs through every SW film other than TPM doesn't it? GL always said he was going to really explain the disappearing Jedi stuff then kind of paid it the tiniest bit of lip service so I imagine there's still plenty to explore should they want to. I actually liked all the Mortis stuff in TCW so not averse to a more spiritual plain, and as others have mentioned, a villain trying to regain their form didn't work out so badly in Harry Potter or LOTR so would keep an open mind on all of it.

ETA: if any of these Netherworld/ spirit rumours do end being on the money, I wouldn't bet against "something of the force" or a variant of being the title.

Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Right. Basically people are unhappy with George for the universe he created.

17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    We've been on that page since ESB, it would seem :p

darklordoftech and Dra--- like this.
  18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Just a question about the "netherworld" and Force ghosts.

If Qui-Gon was the first to discover this ability, how could he have done so after dying? If you die but haven't been "revived" as a ghost yet then there's nothing cognitive about you that would allow you to learn anything. In order for him to have learned it, he would have to exist in some sort of form to learn it.

Therefore, I'd guess that someone else revived him somehow into that form or other ancient Jedi were able to communicate with his soul or mind first. But why Qui-Gon?

It would make much more sense if Jedi knew about this ability before they died so they could be cognitively in touch with the ability.

Perhaps we WILL see some group of religious Force healers such as the B'marr Monks or the Whills or someone new who will need to be contacted during the ST in order to defeat a possibly partially resurrected Sideous.

Immortiss and Darth Archimage like this.
  19. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Good question. I have always assumed that he learned the ability before he died. However, I have always wondered where or who he learned it from?
    Is there more from his source of learning that could help Luke and company?

Immortiss likes this.
  20. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Dooku was Qui Gons master, but I doubt he learned all this 'Living Force' stuff from him.

My thinking was that the Jedi in the PT became too preoccupied with the Unifying Force, and lost touch with the Living Force. Qui Gon was more in touch with it, even if it meant going against the councils wishes. Certainly he learned that rebellious streak from Dooku. When it comes to retaining identity after death, he never became a Force Ghost. I guess his connection to the Living Force was part of the overall 'chosen one' prophecy, and his achievement would be expanded upon and perfected by Yoda and then Obi Wan, allowing them to take non corporeal form, Anakin, being a child of the force anyway, was naturally able to do it.

I definitely agree that E7 could expand and elaborate on all this.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  21. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012

He learned it from "a Shaman of the Whills," according to the script. We don't know what those are, but lots of people have lots of speculations.

(Some, including YT, have been saying that the "Ones" featured in the Mortis arc were Whills.)

Darth Archimage likes this.
  22. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013

Thanks for the reference. I will be reading TPM script in the very near future.

23. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Force Ghostbusters? The question is whether Palpy will be a free roaming repeater or a full corporeal apparition?

Does Arndt even have a copy of Tobin's Spirit Guide?

Yensid1974 and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  24. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I really hope we see Korriban. I won't get my hopes up, however. The PT taught me that much.

Apophis_ and Dra--- like this.
  25. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Asking the big questions, I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter .

FRAGWAGON and Dra--- like this.