main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Episode VII at D23

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    His comments (if true) have me wondering why he's apparently in the know. I know some will spin it and say he's in EPVII but some of his other comments today make me think he's hinting at a Darth Plagueis adaptation for a spin-off film. That would make me quite happy if true.

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Me, too. It's a great story.

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Hmmm, interesting.

4. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    A few weeks ago the rumor was "there will be a Star Wars presence at D23". Add social media plus time and stir and you get this rumor that the big three will be there, the title will be announced etc. By the time D23 happens social media will be buzzing that they'll have a trailer to show. In all likelihood they will announce a new theme park ride, maybe a new attraction like a cantina restaurant and that will be it.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Disney confirmed that we are guaranteed, at the very least, an announcement for the Star Wars expansion into the theme parks: http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/07/disneys-d23-expo-to-reveal-details-on.html

As for if we will be getting Episode VII details, they are keeping very quiet on that end.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  6. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Damn. Where are these Bothan Spys? We need them.

kainee, cdgodin, VMeran and 8 others like this.
  7. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Well maybe all the reports are right. D23 would be more logical it seems. So here's hoping we get something.

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm not holding my breath hoping for anything to come out of CE II this weekend concerning Episode VII.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The one thing I'm holding my breath for is that holocron presentation.

10. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Palpatine being a Sith phantom?

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What are you responding to? I'm honestly confused.

12. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

They're confiscating all phones, cameras, and electronic devices for the Saturday live action studios panel. That means something huge is planned...

13. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Must be then, then.

I have a hunch we'll get the entire cast and not just the big 3.

14. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I really feel like we're on the cusp of some big news...

But I have been known to make mistakes...From time to time...

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Wait is something happening? What is this panel about that they're confiscating phones and such for?

16. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Wait, isn't celebration over for the day? Its like 9:00 pm in Germany right now....

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It is over for today.

They're referring to the live action studios event taking place at D23 on Saturday morning (August 10). Here are the details:

Let the Adventures Begin: Live Action at The Walt Disney Studios
    The Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn will showcase the Studios’ exciting live-action release slate, including Disney’s Saving Mr. Banks and Tomorrowland, Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, and much more.Cell phones, cameras, and all recording devices will be checked for this presentation.

18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

Hmmm. Doesn't mention Star Wars. The lack of any news regarding Ep VII, rebels (a few concept pictures is not "news") and TCW bonus content is becoming extremely frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I think we will get the "big three announcement" and that will be about it. Maybe some design stuff and what have you. I think the main leads announcement will be in the fall.

Stuff like title and significant plot points won't be until next summer.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm assuming it falls into the "much more" category. It is a 2 hour panel, so a lot can happen. :p

But yeah, it is quite frustrating!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  21. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

At the last D23 (it's every other year) they showed the first footage from The Avengers, and it wasn't on the schedule. They don't advertise the big things.

TheTwinSuns, Corax78 and HanSolo29 like this.
  22. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    If it is an adaption of the Luceno novel I would be overjoyed. It is probably the best Star Wars novel I've read and it fixes many of the plot holes regarding number one. It's story is also brilliant, it really does an excellent job fleshing out the character of Plagueis and expanding Palpatine.

Also it would be greatly appreciated if you send the source!

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    This is an earlier quote from Ian McDiarmid regarding a possible spin-off:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Ian_McDiarmid_Talks_Palpatine_Spinoff_Film_150857.asp

And here is his quote from CEII that I was referring to:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07...ast-reunite-for-star-wars-celebration-europe/

It's the fourth comment down where it seems to me that he might be hinting at a spin-off.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013

How many spin offs did Disney say they are making? We have the Fett/Solo things alluded to already... I'm just skeptical as to whether we'll be seeing this anytime soon.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think they have two confirmed but them being about Fett or Solo are just rumors right now so who knows. They could be about something completely different. If it is a Plagueis adaptation I would think they would probably want to get started as soon as possible because McDiarmid's not getting any younger. It just seems odd that McDiarmid would know when the casting announcement was going to happen unless he was involved in these projects.