main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Episode VII at D23

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ManaByte, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Eh, I have my doubts that we will get all of the cast shown at D23. But a Disney spokesperon is going to pretty much deny anything. Its standard operating procedure.

2. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    But how much of Tomorrowland actually serves as a peak into the future of humanity? Buzz Lightyear? Finding Nemo subs? The closest thing is Innoventions which most of the time is basically a flop glorified Best Buy, the Jules Verne style retro makeover in the current TL is basically an acknowledgment that it's impossible to keep chasing the future without quickly being out of date.

3. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Well, the carousel of progress. The speedway, and innoventions. Not to mention, the monorail.

But, you do have a point that stuff like Buzz lightyear stuff is kinda out of place(or at least superficial). But even the finding Nemo stuff is dealing with a cursory acknowledgement of human innovation/technology.

4. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    We definitely will at least get a release date.

5. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I believe the three most likely announcements are:
    • Big three announcement
    • Possible title reveal (Normally I wouldn't assume this so early, but this is under new management)
    • Release date
    Not saying all three, but that would be nice. I think at least one of those will be announced soon. :)

TheTwinSuns and Immortiss like this.
  6. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    Title reveal might be held off for comicon 2014 or something with a teaser trailer

7. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I'll be in line at 5:00am for the Saturday panel (that's the earliest they allow lines)

Immortiss likes this.
  8. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    For the sake of speculation, I'm going with.

Cast announcement (not just the Big three) and possibly the Title, for the reason above (under new management).

HegoDamask and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    After the lack of EPVII news (aside John Williams) at CEII and the fact that EPVII questions were not allowed at the panels, I would not get my hopes up. Considering that Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Kathleen Kennedy were there would have made it the perfect opportunity to make the BIG 3 announcement...
    I guess that we will probably get no really big news/announcements this year...

10. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Yes, we most certainly will if production is to start in January or February of next year. The event that also features Lucasfilm at D23 is specifically for the upcoming live-action roster and is set to feature "star appearances" (though not specifically for LFL/Episode VII) so it would be strange if no sort of announcement is made.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm fairly confident that something will come out of D23. The framework is all there, it's only a matter of what will be said. It's what they have been saying all along. We just chose to think that maybe they were pulling our legs and we would get something beforehand. And well, we all know how that turned out.

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I think we'll get some announcement at this D23 thing. To be honest, I'd pretty much be happy to get any kind of news, even if it's nothing major. Just give us something, hah.

Darth Chiznuk You mentioned Sheen playing a crazy emperor in a BBC series, which emperor and series would that be, I'm curious?

13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I hope we get something at D23 but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anything.

FinleySlade likes this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He played Nero in the docudrama Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire. It's an interesting series (several one hour episodes chronicling different eras and leaders of Rome) and I thought he did a really good job of portraying him with just an hour of screentime.

15. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    In hindsight, it doesn't seem surprising that Disney would be saving/holding back something big for their Expo. This is their big opportunity to put their stamp on SW and LF as their property.

FinleySlade and Immortiss like this.
  16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Aaah, yes, I actually watched that. Quite forgot about it and didn't connect the name, the role and the actor until now, for some reason.
    Anyway, yes, it was a great series and the Nero performance was one of my favorites! Not to mention that there is a certain Vader like quality to his Praetorian Prefect, Tigellinus, as well, hah.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    We will get something,but not Alot.They just threw an entire convention in Germany and literally not much came out of it.Lucasfilm knows how to disappoint.

18. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    I think they might announce a few more cast members than the so called "big 3". I think they'll announce all major returning OT characters in one hit; Harrison, Mark, Carrie, Billy, Anthony (Not sure on Peter and Kenny). I have a sneaking suspicion Jeremy Bulloch will be back to but I think they might leave his announcement to a later date. From what we heard at CEII Warrick Davis is pretty much confirmed.
    Other than that I'm not sure how the announcements of the new cast members is gonna go.
    I think a title and a release date my be announced at D23 too.

19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Why would Jeremy Bulloch be back? The PT practically confirmed that if we want Boba back, it'll be Morrison.

20. HegoDamask

Jul 18, 2013
    Are you kidding, I'd have Bulloch over Morrison. He is the original Fett, he is about the right age and played him in the OT. Heck he even still fits in the costume and wore it at CEII. Also the prequel trilogy never confirmed anything about who Fett would be portrayed by.
    Boba Fett is Bulloch (older) and Logan (younger).

21. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I would love him back, also. However, they've kind of backed themselves into a corner. Boba is clearly established as a clone of Jango. If old Boba looks completely different from Jango, that'll be extremely confusing. He could play a different role or a suited Fett, but I'd rather keep the continuity within the films.

stormcloud8 and my kind of scum like this.
  22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    They will probably reveal the release date at the expo. Maybe confirm the "Big Three", too, but I doubt any new cast members. But yeah, I think the release date will finally get announced.

23. HegoDamask

Jul 18, 2013
    I'm sure they could just keep Fett's mask on. That would work. Or Boba's face could be disfigured slightly from a past incident.
    I think Logan will play Boba in the spin off, that would work. They would definitely be able to show his face in that respect.

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm predicting just a OT3 announcement, and a release date and thats it. Maybe if we're lucky some teaser trailer like this:
    Trailer starts.
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away
    STAR WARS *slowly fades into background*
    Episode VII
    Coming in 2015
    Trailer ends
    or basicly this

I wouldnt be suprised if its exactly like that. Nothing fancy or anything. No footage or shocking stuff but just a teaser trailer to get knowledge out there.

Joe Antonetti and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  25. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I think we might get an announcement of what the first spinoff is.

Immortiss likes this.