main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII Casting: It's Not Over Yet! Who they might be and who they might play

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-casting-699924
    The cast of Episode VII is not complete. What actors could we see added to the cast? Will Lupita Nyong'o come aboard as Asajj Ventress? Will Maisie Richardson-Sellers be appearing as a descendant of Obi Wan Kenobi? Will Zac Efron be a Solo/Skywalker child? Will an older actress appear as Luke's wife or love interest?

2. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  3. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    At this point I think the roles are supporting and minor roles. I think we have our main cast. THR seems to be the only one going with that thier another major role to fill.

Dewback and Lurknomore like this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Yesterday I read somewhere, they were saying that that Lupita, Maisie and Efron are all still rumored to get roles

5. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    THR I think was leaked that by the production intentionally though. But that's the million dollar question for me, if the Obi Wan descendant role is the one remaining to be filled or has this been changed to a male played by Boyega.

Darth_Xeres likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Changed title from "who they are" to "who they might be" for the sake of semantics.

Jedi Merkurian and rezpen like this.
  7. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I wouldn't be surprised to hear of another female lead being announced since there were those two late teen girls on the casting call, and one was noticeably absent in the big cast reveal this week.

Indy 11 and Lurknomore like this.
  8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ha...I find it funny that you included Efron on the list of people since that article is basically about a female role. Funny.

Anywho, I'm guessing they will pull a "Daisy Ripley" aka be somebody we never even knew existed.

Indy 11 likes this.
  9. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    With as many people as they have already announced just going by the previous movies it's hard to imagine how much screen time all these people could potentially get. It's hard to think that even among the announced cast some of these might only be in the film for a short while. It's going to look kind of weird to be dragging 8 or 10 people around everywhere they go in this movie.
    Just throwing Efron in the mix cause there are still rumors out there he could be invovled: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/654...-efron-among-unannounced-cast-in-episode-vii/

10. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    I hope Elfron not in it. Not that I think he's a bad actor or person. I just can't stand his groupies. [face_laugh]

donk1970 likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprise if Maisie was already cast but in a very minor role that many misinterpreted as a significant one.

Dewback and Momotaros like this.
  12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we already know this.

13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    It's possible as THR kept insisting that the Obi Wan's relative role was for a non white actress and if they changed the gender it might still be the same requirements.

14. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, most likely the truth. I do think there is another significant female role. But, it may be only a minor role in episode 7.

Lurknomore likes this.
  15. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

There's a rumor that the open-to-all-ethnicities young female role they've been auditioning for is Boyega's love interest who will be a minor character in VII and a bigger character in VIII and IX. That would explain why they didn't wait for her before announcing the main cast but are still telling THR that her role is important.

16. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

This. Most likely that supporting villain character.

17. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I'm at a point that I hope Lupita comes nowhere near this production. There seems to be a sense of entitlement amongst her supporters that she has a birth right to be in SW 7. People were upset that she wasn't announced as a cast member in the first reveal because they accepted the RUMOR of her being cast for the film as fact. Do they not realize there were also similar rumors for Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael B. Jordan, Saoirse Ronan, etc., were also rumored to have had private discussions and/or auditions for JJ? There are people overcome with glee on twitter and websites because they are once more buying into rumors that their deity has been chosen for a role (an EU character of all things). Frankly I would love for them to walk away disappointed again.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  19. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

That would be awesome: A villain going good. We haven't had that in the movies before.

20. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    I actually think Daisy is more likely Boyega love interest. No matter which one of them is the main hero.

21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I like how she's now internationally known by her first name - Lupita

Probably because her surname is a bit of a tongue twister, but still, it's a sign you've made the big time

22. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Or its a tragic love story that is doomed to fail based on the naivety of youth. Either or.

Lurknomore likes this.
  23. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm hoping for Lupita. Though not for the role of Ventress, but a new character.

I wouldn't mind Zac, but I'm not sure if he'll get a part.

24. CheelBackFromTheDead

CheelBackFromTheDead Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    So the black kid gets a black love interest. Well wouldn't that draw some attention indeed. I think Boyega has it for the Solo girl. And as far as the cast goes, that picture guys. That's the cast. That's more main characters than there are in RoTJ. You have all you need right there. Any role to be filled is 3 lines max.

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  25. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.